DISCUSSION: Battlefield V’s Next Grand Operation is The Battle Of Hannut

Comments

• ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Check your options menu in the game mode. I've just discovered mine wasn't tracking this week's challenges. FFS DICE, really???
  • Necron_Canaris
    38 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The whole design of the maps is awful, you have the defenders with every advantage and didn't give the attackers any kind of low down cover to make attacks from..... Dice you've F this one up royally.
  • cvanilla90
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VIDSICIOUS wrote: »
    cvanilla90 wrote: »
    jjdg88 wrote: »
    it has been showing that I have the challenge complete and have the tank unlocked, but when I check my shipments or my company the tank is no where to be seen.

The same for me I killed one guy after this "20 to 5 update" and i had notification that I passed this objective. Still Stug is nowhere to be seen.

Look at your company maybe its already in there. Also restart your game. Sometimes content does not show up until I have restarted.

Still it isn't there. I Can still play newest tides of war. I dont know what to do so just want that some dev will look at my post.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    First of all i want to say thanks, that there is no conquest mode during that operation. This operation can become best operation of BF V so far. But some tweaks are needed for 1st point:
    -Attacking team is on high ground, sides (point 1 and 2 on screenshoot) are open fields with no cover. That means that infantry should go to frontal attack, which is pretty much sucide under few eng tank's attack from sides.
    -In the middle of the objective point there are only 4 buildings which are getting destroyed after 2 mins of the fight. Tank's shells do aoe dmg to infantry inside those ruins so eng infantry can only be phroned and hide between houses where tanks could no get them.
    -German tanks can move vie their right flang and base **** eng tank resp and control vehicle supply point.
    camping-paradise40d7940a77b880ca.jpg

Post edited by Kauzer_RF on
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty, pretty good GO, Breakthrough on P Storm in particular is really good. Still a shame the first 2 days don't really mean squat though.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woah, tried the Battle of Hannut, what a blast. The breakthrough part was probably the single most intense moment I've ever had with the game. Lots of tanks rolling around in a tight area, buildings crumbling, explosions all around...just wow. Great work.
  • zterrans
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Second set of flags are god awful as the British. Stukas everywhere, your stationary AA is blown up near instantly, and the mobile AA has to counter both the air swarm and the enemy tank swarm. Its basically a "gimme" set of points for the Germans.
  • The-Monz
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is more like it.Good stuff
  • Cobranss_XI
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fix the **** cheating god damn it

• Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My summary after 6 or 7 rounds: First we play Day 1, then we play Day 2, and then the Germans win.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    This grand operations is something special. Great job dice, more of this please.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So it’s **** or it’s brilliant. Make your mind up.
    IMHO ITS BRILLIANT.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's fun. It's my second go on the map since I'm a Breakthrough player, and it's so far one of the better looking maps on console, especially seeing it at night. The third phase is a bit of a dud. Not sure if the actual fight ended at Arras, but why not approach at it as one of the Russian Operations in BF1 did where you see the massive structure at a distance, and as the battle progresses players creep closer until the final fight at said structure (I forget what the operation and map is called).

Nonetheless, it's the more enjoyable GO on the entire lot, and hopefully moving forward the operations improve upon it.

Also, please include more night maps!
  • LunkvanTrunk
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF V was getting a little bit stale for me and the ToW Assignments felt like a chore, the last two weeks I wasn't interested in playing at all and completing the ToW.

But now after playing 5-6h of ToW and the new Grand Operations I have to say this is the most fun I had with BFV till today. Good job!

I seriously hope Dice turns the ship around and:
    1. releases more maps
    2. releases more maps
    3. releases more maps and weapons
    4. they are able to produce good cosmetics which sell, NOT because I want one, just because I think with some MTX money EA will see the Battlefield franchise as a failure and maybe Dice / the series will die/get less development money.
    Please DICE continue this path, more multiplayer content, small arms was a fail and waste of time/money. More maaaaaaaaaaaaps!
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Since the tank resupply stations are vital in a large scale tank battle can we please stop them from being destroyed by spiteful sabateurs on your own team?
  • doctorrocktor
    1799 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    When will you give info or screen shots of greece map.
  • sloopyfish
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Selbslader 1906 in recon class does not apply eagle eye traits when shooting an enemy. All others work from testing it. Im using the sniper traits not pathfinder.
  • grrlpurple
    799 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sloopyfish wrote: »
    Selbslader 1906 in recon class does not apply eagle eye traits when shooting an enemy. All others work from testing it. Im using the sniper traits not pathfinder.

It also doesn't track some of the scout assignments.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My summary after 6 or 7 rounds: First we play Day 1, then we play Day 2, and then the Germans win.

Thumbs up!
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Karnage75 wrote: »
    Just what we needed, said no part of the 1000 or less playerbase ever.

Thanks for the chuckle, as the BF V ship slowly takes on water.