Weekly BF

What's the deal with latency here lately?

ekqw4ckr
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I usually always have around a 45 to 50. Which I'm fine with. But ...here the past couple days....playing at 140 to 200 is just frustrating. What is the deal. Every server is like this. My internet is fine. Get like over 175 mb per second.

Comments

• Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same. My ping is usually around 20, but randomly it'll spike, hard, to like 600+ and I'll rubberband all over the place, but that normally doesn't last long. Right now everything was fine and then I suddenly got disconnected from the server I was on. First time in this game so far.

Pretty angry too, because I was only a few kills from completing an assignment and suddenly a black screen while shooting some dude and I'm back on the main menu. All progress lost, for everything I earned.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think with Anthem coming, and BFV having a bit of a player base issue, there are less servers available. Just my thought, but EA suffered huge losses in 2017 so my guess is they do not have as much revenue for things like servers as they used to. This means longer distances for players to connect.
  • SixTouge
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine has been pretty stable at 30-45 throughout. I imagine it's something that involves a ton of potential variables.
  • CosmicStriker
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    make sure your playing in your own region that is what makes the biggest deal with latency .