every map has fog now lol

Raspu71nG
104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
i guess DICE has increased the fog values, so everybody quits and go play SOONFIELD V

Comments

• skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I was just telling my friend about this. They want to help visibility but literally every single map you play has some type of weather factor. Nice start would be making all the maps weather free with maybe the occasional storm that doesn't last long. I think that itself would go a long way to help visibility out.
  • crimsonbomber
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The fog is terrible and has been since launch.. People complained and instead of reducing the density of the fog and reducing it’s length of time, they added it to every map and, in some cases, appear to have lengthened the time.. Playing a game in which your visibility is extremely limited isn’t ideal, and in most cases just isn’t fun at all.. It was also proven that not everyone playing in the same server always has the same weather effects at the same time.. Playing in fog against someone who isn’t, puts you at a fairly large disadvantage.. If that was just a bug, then they should have fixed it or removed the feature from the game like a large majority of people wanted.. But that obviously didn’t happen
  • digga11
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fog is terrible and has been since launch.. People complained and instead of reducing the density of the fog and reducing it’s length of time, they added it to every map and, in some cases, appear to have lengthened the time.. Playing a game in which your visibility is extremely limited isn’t ideal, and in most cases just isn’t fun at all.. It was also proven that not everyone playing in the same server always has the same weather effects at the same time.. Playing in fog against someone who isn’t, puts you at a fairly large disadvantage.. If that was just a bug, then they should have fixed it or removed the feature from the game like a large majority of people wanted.. But that obviously didn’t happen
    Rain sandstorm ect is fine but I hate the fog and you are correct you may see fog but i may not. Crazy
  • crimsonbomber
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    digga11 wrote: »
    Rain sandstorm ect is fine but I hate the fog and you are correct you may see fog but i may not. Crazy

I can live with the rain storm, it’s not too bad.. The sandstorm is irritating, but it usually only lasts around 5-7 minutes, and I don’t mind it coming in at the start of the round.. I actually had one game where the sandstorm came in at the start of the round and lasted the entire game.. Not sure what caused that to happen, I’m sure it was some weird glitch, but it was as it was starting to go away about 6-7 minutes into the game I died.. When I spawned back in the sandstorm was back to full blast and it never went away.. I messaged a few people asking if it was happening for them as well and it wasn’t.. I would have left the server but I wanted to see if it would actually last the whole time.. It did
  • ElliotLH
    7281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    digga11 wrote: »

I can live with the rain storm, it’s not too bad.. The sandstorm is irritating, but it usually only lasts around 5-7 minutes, and I don’t mind it coming in at the start of the round.. I actually had one game where the sandstorm came in at the start of the round and lasted the entire game.. Not sure what caused that to happen, I’m sure it was some weird glitch, but it was as it was starting to go away about 6-7 minutes into the game I died.. When I spawned back in the sandstorm was back to full blast and it never went away.. I messaged a few people asking if it was happening for them as well and it wasn’t.. I would have left the server but I wanted to see if it would actually last the whole time.. It did

Weather is client based so yours probably just bugged out like you suspected (there was some images posted in a different thread a while back when this happened to someone else).
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought the weather is fine. The close up in your face battles are a lot of fun and that's coming from someone who mostly uses ironsights bolt-action or a pistol now.
  • blakemoresimon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Omg the fact you can be in dance fog and the opponent might not be explains some daft kills I have had.

Dice needs to sort it out big time that a massive massive imbalance and makes me think maybe they employed some people from call of duty lol
  • Emporer2
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with the fog. Especially since I primarily fly fighter planes, it completely negates my ability to spot (except for my spot flares). On the other hand, there is a bit of satisfaction in successfully trench darting ground troops while in dense fog and getting enemy planes to chase you at tree top level.