M1 Carbine is a waste of time

Comments

• aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try it on combined arms, it is like shooting spit balls.

All the semis seem terrible in it, because of the spongey damage models. I tried with the Ag/M42 and it was taking me 7 shots to kill AI. Constantly reloading or just out of ammo
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes for ai, low damage, feels odd. No reason to take anything other than STG
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I get mad headshots with the M1A1, use the 3x and just walk it up people.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It seems to be firing BB pellets, it packs no punch at all.

Better choice to swap to webley when up close.
  • Exhonor
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You just need to train your triggerfinger because this thing is pure fire when used properly.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes, it is of course the gun that is the problem. Cant be the player....
  • ElliotLH
    9546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try it on combined arms, it is like shooting spit balls.

All the semis seem terrible in it, because of the spongey damage models. I tried with the Ag/M42 and it was taking me 7 shots to kill AI. Constantly reloading or just out of ammo

Yeah the sponging is annoying in CA. All of the semi autos feel like you're shooting marshmallows.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    The rof should be slowed but the damage increased.

That would just make it an M1 Garand but with extended detachable mags.
    Anyway, at least in Multiplayer (y'know, the main mode in the game which weapon balance is designed around...), the thing shreds. Very little recoil, good damage, very good RoF - if you can keep your aim on target while semi-auto rapid-firing, the thing drops people like nobody's business.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I decided to use it on Frontlines Hamada just now, I think I did alright.

AH5cDUP.png
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I first tried the M1A1 Carbine yesterday.  I got two nice long range kills.  Seems to have no recoil.  But I got slaughtered up close.  I only tried it for 9 minutes though.  Was towards the end of the night.  I was kinda burned out already playing.  Kinda feels like a pellet gun though.  I'll give it another go today.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    On PC so many people are running macros with this gun it is essentially an automatic weapon.

True.
  • CSO7777
    1845 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2019
    SirBobdk said:
    bran1986 wrote: »
    On PC so many people are running macros with this gun it is essentially an automatic weapon.

True.
    Perhaps, but it has been proved earlier on that the ROF can be used without macros, by normal people like you and me, at least in bursts (like the gun is being used in game). Of course aiming is perhaps a little better with a macro (because you are not constantly clicking the mouse-button), but in real life macros doesn't make this gun much better than without.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    562 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i agree, i never use this crap anymore. M1 sux!
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its one of the most powerful SARs on PC if used with 3x scope.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m on Xbox and I’ll take my SMLE, MAS or Selb over it any day but given how good some people are with it the gun definitely isn’t bad

It’s possible that it’s a lot more popular on PC as hitting headshots is really important when using it
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if all agree on iz being bad can medic get it then ? since it is so bad I'd even take it with iron-sights only
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What is up with this weapon? It is much weaker than an smg.

Is there any reason at all to take it
    if you do not want it, there are 2 other classes that want ti
  • dayglowfroggy
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I decided to use it on Frontlines Hamada just now, I think I did alright.

AH5cDUP.png

Now I know your profile picture and that score confirmed you are the colonel from bff's only just discovered that channel.

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried the M1 again a little bit yesterday.  5 kills in 11 minutes.  I got robbed plenty of kills with it though.  Then switch to the MASS 44 and got a quick 5 kills.  MAS does more damage.