Maybe its ok BFV failed.

Comments

• HellzWind
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    The game was half price not even like a month later,

You won't hear me complaining about that though. (what a cool deal)
  • StingX71
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zooboid wrote: »
    BFV isn’t my cup of tea at present, even with the recent changes to TTD and visibility which were my main gripes with this game.

The Broken Machine asks in his latest video is it BFV fun? My answer NO. The TTK/TTD is still too quick for me, especially given that visibility is still bad (everyone looks like ants) and the health system is a pain.

Plus what happened to the Combined Arms experience we were promised?

This is from the perspective of a solo totally random casual player who loves BF1 and BF4.

I could deal with the TTD and visibility issues. But the lack of RSP, no 32/48 player CQ servers sucks for me. Lack of classic maps is a huge missed opportunity. ToW is a flop. Lack of a variety of CQ servers is one reason I stopped playing BF1. I have 1800hrs in BF4, less than 1K hours in BF1/V combined. Find myself with the time to play, but no desire to play BF anymore the way they currently have it setup.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So moving 7.3 Million units in roughly a three and half month period is a failure now? Lol game not meeting internal publisher expectations (which are always obscenely high anyway unfortunately) does equal a flop.

And how many of these copies were sold for full price and for 50%? Do you feel here a difference?

1. I dont know
    2. Know I don't feel much a difference because previous games *cough BF1 cough* have also heavily discounted themselves around the holiday season.
  • DrunkwoIf
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The number of copies sold is exactly the problem with the whole BF franchise. people are blindly buying " the new battlefield " without even trying it or doing any research into it. EA makes their money back plus millions in profit. most of these people dont stick around for what ever reason. im assuming most because they get bored with the shallow game Dice is producing. then rather quickly the games population dies and the devs move on to the next money grab. Its turned into a vicious cycle of reskin a game, throw out some half baked maps, tell everybody your working on combating the cheaters, remove features that you dont feel like dealing with anymore, make a bunch of hype videos and interviews, sell pre orders....rinse repeat.
  • One_Called_Kane
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another example was Hardline, which sold very poorly. I actually enjoyed that game, the Hotwire mode was so much fun with my friends, but I think it strayed too far from the classic BF formula and the core community just didn't accept it.

I wish that game had done better. Hardline had some of my favorite guns and gunplay of any Battlefield title. I can only hope that guns like the BAR and the ChooChoo in BFV will end up feeling like the Battle Rifles in that game did, or at least the AKM.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I think the BF franchise has been downhill since BF4 and this game is the lowest yet.
  • StormSaxon
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was hands down the worst ever release... just trash for at least 6-7 months. A
  • abc1434286920
    440 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    Its disappointing to see people justifying the sorry state of the game at release by comparing to an even worst release 5 years ago..

The game just doesn't justify its price tag, not in terms of content or bug free and balanced gameplay. Rather a rushed /poorly thought out effort to re-invent its identity with unbalanced classes and vehicles, semi-hard core approach and attrition, horrid UI and menus etc. Definitely some good changes & concepts, however not enough (for me) to play it past the 70-80hrs.

I do not care about the marketing or silly politics as these did not impact my decision to buy the game. In contrast, what will impact my decision in the future is their lack of response/empathy towards those of us that spent full price for a 2-3 week early "deluxe-lol" access to a buggy and unbalanced game.

Its a shame, the opportunity to play a glorious WW2 game with this game-engine is seemingly looking rather unlikely for my taste.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've bought bf5 only because is in ww2 theme and like fps in this theme. Multiplayer is not bad, I'm having fun but we got now we have very few maps and only 2 nations. That's why people got bored fast. Single player story also have good cinematic, the storytelling is not so great but it can be. The flaw is the AI of enemies are a joke and there is no immersion with the mission that I play.. The campaign of allied assault moh was awesome instead, even if you play now you will found it awesome!

For me a game in ww2 should be more slower in gameplay and more tactic ( no fast run as is, stamina consume when you sprint, a bit longer animation for reloading and for aim, and when you change position). Give coordinate to attack position like Bf2 to your squad, and implement artillery call would be awesome also.

Fast gameplay as it it fit well in modern shooter, in bf5 I will prefer more smoothly gamplay but just my opinion..
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    BF4 was hands down the worst ever release... just trash for at least 6-7 months. A

10 mmonths of misery, yet they redeemed themselves. I can only hope that BF5 is the same. But why can they not have great game at launch?
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Also compared to the dumpster fire that was BF4 this time after launch I'd say it's doing fine. People claimed the game was dead/DICE was going under/sky was falling/etc. back then as well. I'm willing to give it time to fix the issues I see.

So true. BF4 literally didn't work at launch. The game CTD'd constantly and would lose your save progress. I had to complete the campaign challenges five or six times while trying to complete the platinum trophy. It was almost a year before that game was finally in a good spot, though granted many of those issues were due to the new generation of console.

Another example was Hardline, which sold very poorly. I actually enjoyed that game, the Hotwire mode was so much fun with my friends, but I think it strayed too far from the classic BF formula and the core community just didn't accept it. BFV has already outsold that game several times over.

The doom 'n gloom, franchise/studio is dead proclamations are typical of what I see on every forum of every game I play these days. Every game is the worst ever released, people actively cheer for the studios to go out of business for failing to meet their expectations. Gotta take most of what you read on a game forum with a whole shaker of salt.

Let's repeat this because you guys just don't get it: there is no premium pass. Simple. Easy. If you can't understand that go back to 8th grade.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

10 mmonths of misery, yet they redeemed themselves. I can only hope that BF5 is the same. But why can they not have great game at launch?

How? With what funds? There is no premium pass. What do you think there are going to spend here?

The illogical posts in here are ridiculous. There is no money but from cosmetics funding anything in this game lol.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

How? With what funds? There is no premium pass. What do you think there are going to spend here?

The illogical posts in here are ridiculous. There is no money but from cosmetics funding anything in this game lol.

So you actually think that premium pass pays for the funding of this game? It is a multibillion dollar corporation. They have made countless games prior and should have the experience from that. Yet, they failed epicly on this one. It was not from lack of funds. It was poor management, poor political correctness, and lack of understanding of their player base. Defend as much as you want,,,but remember....the game was half price one week after launch. Even EA/Dice realized they had blown it. I am willing to bet, that they do not make the same mistake again.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Technical misery. But the core gameplay of BF 4 was great. With BF V its quite the opposite. It lacks everything which made BF 3 & 4 so much fun and epic.
    While BFV fails at exactly this point combined with totally **** gameplay decisions like the Subsystem damage for tanks but nothing equal for the Infantry etc.
    And we dont see any new content worth the name. And no i dont see reskinned WW1 Weapons from BF 1 as new content....
  • MidriffUrchin0
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    STAR_6_G wrote: »
    Battlefield should be bfbc2,bf3,bf4 then bfbc3 because it will be a funny fun campaign like bfbc2 and funny fun game play on multiplayer. We love battlefield bad company. I was wearing a bf3 t shirt and a kid ask .. was there a battlefield 3 .. I only know bf4 (kid said). I need a bad company t shirt with a nice soldier print on front and bad company 2 on the back.

It's funny, because everyone talks like bf3 and bf:bc are the first and best games which every new entry should hold a candle to.
    Pretty sad how battlefield 2 is pretty much forgotten as that player base grew older and moved on - aside from graphics, BF2 was imo a lot better game.
  • Ploodovic
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    STAR_6_G wrote: »
    Battlefield should be bfbc2,bf3,bf4 then bfbc3 because it will be a funny fun campaign like bfbc2 and funny fun game play on multiplayer. We love battlefield bad company. I was wearing a bf3 t shirt and a kid ask .. was there a battlefield 3 .. I only know bf4 (kid said). I need a bad company t shirt with a nice soldier print on front and bad company 2 on the back.

It's funny, because everyone talks like bf3 and bf:bc are the first and best games which every new entry should hold a candle to.
    Pretty sad how battlefield 2 is pretty much forgotten as that player base grew older and moved on - aside from graphics, BF2 was imo a lot better game.

Everyone has their own preferences, and no one cares about anyone else’s.

I was there from the beginning, playing 1942 and onward. I started losing interest in the series around Bad Company, it felt like a weird spinoff to me. I didn’t play the second one, because I didn’t like the first one, I felt like BF3 was Generic Shooter 2011, and, honestly, it took me a while to realise that BF4 was actually a new game, and not BF3. It wasn’t until BF1, that I could be excited about a Battlefield game again. So, for almost a decade, between BF2142 and BF1, I played almost no Battlefield games at all.

What I didn’t do during these years, though, was declaring the death of the series, whining about the direction, or demanding that the games should be made, to suit me better. Everything isn’t for everyone, and those games just weren’t for me, while others may say they’re their favourites.

People like different things. And that’s perfectly fine.
  • TFBisquit
    1036 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Btw only half the community or even less bought the premium pass for the various bf games. People rather bought single map packs.
    Dice/EA knows this from sales numbers thus decided to scrap it this time. If they get this game going, people would be interested in buying various skins.
  • Agente_Silva
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Battlefield is failing BF player´s expectations but not shareholder´s expectations. You guys just can´t resist NOT BUYING, even if the game has CrapField written on its cover. It´s all on everyone who bought BF1 and BFV... this crappy **** EA insistes on calling Battlefield has sold more than 7 million copies and as long as YOU keep buying EA won´t care about how much you cry. No tweak will improve this game, be sure of that... you are just headless chickens running around with no sense of objective, fun or acomplishment.

This game has been watered down to CoD levels since BF1 and everyone refused to see that and kept buying... and now all you can do is munch your own...