I'm done with ToW, Fed up with it, no more, thanks.

40PE
70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Was my main driving force up until now to play BFV. Enjoyed the missions the goals. But the last two weeks was a nightmare.
It is one thing that people go around like headless chickens and don't really play team/squad. But many missions I was barely able to do, I was running around like an idiot to find some tanks for example to repair as a Support for like 2 games. Was probably ridiculous to see me doing also. But the constant sniper kills while running toward the friendly tank to repair, the non-supportive players who didn't have a clue / doesn't want to defend me while I'm repairing... Thats one thing.

But then the last week I wasn't even able to complete it because guess what...! You guessed, the last mission was bugged!

That's it no more, thank you! I don't care if its a weapon a napalm bomb or best look ever, I'm not spending more hours on this stupid bugged grind.

And with that I lost 70% of my interest for BFV too. Because if my friends won't play with me, I won't pug this game anymore, it is just the biggest upset, when your team doing the stupid dailies for CC and no one cares about the actual game goals (get a flag, defend a flag, repair, revive, spot, etc.).

And some gametypes just not worth playing either for the above reasons, where even more squad play would be required. Squad Conquest for example. Just a terrible experience with PUG.

I love the game, but many of the design aspects just burning the ground under yourself really.

So thats is I'm probably -almost- done playing the game, occasionally log in, for a half an hour but thats it for me.

Take my feedback how you want, but the chance that I actually buy the next BF game is now VERY VERY slim.
I don't need half a dozens of Battlefield games piling up my account just to watch the beatufully crafted battlefield logos on the origin launcher. Just silly now.

Comments

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you could have just selected to deploy into the tank from the spawn screen you don`t have to go running out in the open to get into a tank.Those tides of ware missings are too easy in my opinion.
  • Exhonor
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the problem is with you, because I've had zero trouble completing the challenges and I play alone. Furthermore, they actually made the assignment for the STUG IV easier, so unless you're one of the only people to have a bug, I don't see how you couldn't get it.

But the main issue I have with your comment is that Tides of War Assignments are optional. You can do them if you want to get the item for free, or you can buy them using Company Coin later.
  • Choongangchong
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    But the main issue I have with your comment is that Tides of War Assignments are optional. You can do them if you want to get the item for free, or you can buy them using Company Coin later.

Its not optional in the sense that you cant avoid playing with idiots who are only there to unlock (and are doing a terrible job doing it, hence this thread).
    ToW is the main reason I and many others hardly play Unlockfield anymore. These assignments did nothing good for BF1 and its slowly killing of BFV.
    And that you have to wait to unlock them with company coin doesnt make it entirely optional if you want to have your content from day 1. If its truly optional then just allow people to unlock with company coins from day 1. But we all know noone would do the assignments then.
    But I agree that these are not hard to do.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the hardest challenge was the last one well it was until I played as support on devastation using the impact grenade and finished it in less then 5 mins. I mean you dont have to repair tanks that is why you get 3 different paths. It tooks me no more then 4 hours tops to unlock the tank and I have all 2 challenges done but do not need chapter xp anymore so no need to press to complete them. Why complain when you are challenged in a game? Oh wait, I forgot mobile games help create this dependency on paying if something is too hard. I wont even do the whole "git gud" speech because these complaints are so frequent. I mean this is the first day you get out of a week and you already gave up. Last week was not hard just fustrating but even then they made it wayyyy easier.
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you could have just selected to deploy into the tank from the spawn screen you don`t have to go running out in the open to get into a tank.Those tides of ware missings are too easy in my opinion.

You can only spawn in tanks if your squadmate is in one.
    Or you can sit on the spawn screen hitting the unavailable vehicle
    Or the thir option that I was mostly doing -since just rarely I saw my squad mates in tanks- is that I spawn the nearest location to tanks and just try to move toward them.

Yeah its really cool that all of you so pro and I must be a noob and idiot not able to do it. You're right, I'm not here to argue, stated my experience.

No I don't need any more dumbed down ToW mission, I don't need any of the stupid side missions that completely have the opposite effect that it supposed to do; squads and teams working together.
    This is a headless chicken combat game if like half of the team only concentrating on the dailies and ToW missions.

Like I've died soo many times when medics were near me I can't tell you. They don't do the simplest class related thing that they supposed to do. They just concentrate doing the assignment, thats it.

Just stupid.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    40PE wrote: »

You can only spawn in tanks if your squadmate is in one.
    Or you can sit on the spawn screen hitting the unavailable vehicle
    Or the thir option that I was mostly doing -since just rarely I saw my squad mates in tanks- is that I spawn the nearest location to tanks and just try to move toward them.

Yeah its really cool that all of you so pro and I must be a noob and idiot not able to do it. You're right, I'm not here to argue, stated my experience.

No I don't need any more dumbed down ToW mission, I don't need any of the stupid side missions that completely have the opposite effect that it supposed to do; squads and teams working together.
    This is a headless chicken combat game if like half of the team only concentrating on the dailies and ToW missions.

Like I've died soo many times when medics were near me I can't tell you. They don't do the simplest class related thing that they supposed to do. They just concentrate doing the assignment, thats it.

Just stupid.

Well I am far from pro but I have use the vehicles to be aware of what is needed to complete the challenges. I think that most of the complaints come from the uber infantry warriors who complain that tanks are OP while at the same time run around with the assault class rocket man blowing tanks up. I feel like DICE is being kind with these challenges but hey if I learned how to be versatile then maybe I am now reaping the benefits of it so yay me.

The sad part of your quote is that DICE creates a specialized sandbox specifically for these events to not only focus on challenges but to put players in the best scenerios to complete them. If a medic didnt revive you maybe he was busy atm and would have revived you if he had a moment or maybe you died in the open on a objective with all eyes and barrels pointed in your direction in which even if they tried it would have just meant 2 dead instead of one. I honestly think you just want to rant your feelings and you are free to do that but we all play the same game and others have completely different experiences. I mean I complain more that I get revived when I want to change classes and cant because more medics revive on this game then I recieved in bf1 ever.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments, since BF3, have completely destroyed the idea of squad based tactics, because every random on the map is attempting to complete some bupkiss weekly chore to unlock a weapon that should have just been handed to the player base.

Then again, it's easy to work around this. Go to the forum section for platoons and join a platoon so that you have like-minded people to play with. Then you'll have people who play like you play, who you can work with, and you get the added advantage of winning most games since there's a group of people on your team working together.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    okay.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the endless grind of ToW, but I will say that it is very good that you can unlock the ToW weapons after for a small amount of Company coins without even having to participate, so they got that right. I'd also like to pay company coins for cosmetics from ToW too, even if they cost more credits (in line with the non ToW cosmetics).

We also need more meaningful content like maps, because playing the same things over and over again just becomes boring. Saying that, BF1 didn't get the first DLC until March (and that released in October), so I'm being impatient, probably because I'm bored with the current maps. The problem I have here is that from what I am assuming is that we get one map in March instead of 4. Perhaps we get a new map each month after that? I mean, it'd be on track with the previous content releases and I'd be happy with that. I'd just like to see a roadmap of future releases. I criticise TOW a lot, and probably unfairly too, but looking at BF1's release schedule, it's probably actually just as good. What's annoying me is the lack of knowing what's coming up after March.

I just don't know what it is about BFV that makes it so... boring compared to BF1. BF1's base game lasted me for ages, loved some of the base maps, but these BFV ones make me think "oh, it's this one again" or even "Oh it's hamada, new lobby time".
  • PhatHamWallet
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    40PE wrote: »
    Was my main driving force up until now to play BFV. Enjoyed the missions the goals. But the last two weeks was a nightmare.
    It is one thing that people go around like headless chickens and don't really play team/squad. But many missions I was barely able to do, I was running around like an idiot to find some tanks for example to repair as a Support for like 2 games. Was probably ridiculous to see me doing also. But the constant sniper kills while running toward the friendly tank to repair, the non-supportive players who didn't have a clue / doesn't want to defend me while I'm repairing... Thats one thing.

But then the last week I wasn't even able to complete it because guess what...! You guessed, the last mission was bugged!

That's it no more, thank you! I don't care if its a weapon a napalm bomb or best look ever, I'm not spending more hours on this stupid bugged grind.

And with that I lost 70% of my interest for BFV too. Because if my friends won't play with me, I won't pug this game anymore, it is just the biggest upset, when your team doing the stupid dailies for CC and no one cares about the actual game goals (get a flag, defend a flag, repair, revive, spot, etc.).

And some gametypes just not worth playing either for the above reasons, where even more squad play would be required. Squad Conquest for example. Just a terrible experience with PUG.

I love the game, but many of the design aspects just burning the ground under yourself really.

So thats is I'm probably -almost- done playing the game, occasionally log in, for a half an hour but thats it for me.

Take my feedback how you want, but the chance that I actually buy the next BF game is now VERY VERY slim.
    I don't need half a dozens of Battlefield games piling up my account just to watch the beatufully crafted battlefield logos on the origin launcher. Just silly now.

Take a breath bro, it's just a game.
  • ragnarok013
    3878 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @40PE feel free to leave your feedback in the official assignment feedback thread: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181378/discussion-assignments-missions
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing support and trying to repair tanks takes more being a man than playing medic, got in the many 100 of being killed and found out here on the forum that you are repairing a tank for no use at all infact.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing support and trying to repair tanks takes more being a man than playing medic, got in the many 100 of being killed and found out here on the forum that you are repairing a tank for no use at all infact.

Can you try that again, but this time make sense?
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My tank is chased about with fixers crawling all over the tank blocking LOS getting shot to bits since this new challenge. They get in the MG shooting it like crazy at depots I NEED to get back emergency repair like they don't understand why I would, because they are running about in the open with a repair tool. This is so lame...
  • wc138
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    My tank is chased about with fixers crawling all over the tank blocking LOS getting shot to bits since this new challenge. They get in the MG shooting it like crazy at depots I NEED to get back emergency repair like they don't understand why I would, because they are running about in the open with a repair tool. This is so lame...

Your complaining that people are repairing your tank? Now I've seen everything.

I seriously doubt anyone is crawling into your FOV, because everyone trying to repair a tank runs behind it for cover. Unless you've just agitated someone and they've done it on purpose. Also...because you have 3rd person view.

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »

Your complaining that people are repairing your tank? Now I've seen everything.

I seriously doubt anyone is crawling into your FOV, because everyone trying to repair a tank runs behind it for cover. Unless you've just agitated someone and they've done it on purpose. Also...because you have 3rd person view.

At the start of rounds like Rotterdam, I have people racing after my tank, jumping on top, slipping off etc.

All they care about is the TOW assignment, they get nailed because they are getting this mission out the way ASAP, so they race after you often getting killed with a repair tool in hand. They ride of the roof of the tank slipping off or blocking LOS. They expect you to just stay still taking x amount of fire when your getting surrounded by assault, so you move and they all get nailed. Perhaps I'm seeing this more because I often go high on the scoreboard and kills, and they figure I'd be taking lots of hits but I'm a light tank and mobility is key.

Some get annoyed I don't stay in one place then, because after, they then blow up depots that I head to or jump and lay mines and build tank blockades behind me when I'm dealing with the enemy at bridges etc. There has been times it's really helped but most times they are just getting killed in CQ costing our side.
  • MBT_Layzan
    It's mindless repairing for the sake of repairing, and they don't want to hear that you need to get to a depot to get another emergency repair or special ammo, they ride with you, hop out and blow up the depot. None of this happened until this new TOW.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i'm sick of losing the weapons and tanks because of the dam time limit

i want to make the assignments in my own time, this is arbitrary
  • TEXls1
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i'm sick of losing the weapons and tanks because of the dam time limit

i want to make the assignments in my own time, this is arbitrary

Thoughts and prayers