Weekly Debrief

Breakthrough rotation needs changing

someguy12121
467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
By that I mean that currently with only 8 maps when you load in you will always play on one side and never the other side while on that server. Current balance on some maps make defense much better than offense. At the very least it should alternate it so that you at least play the other side like previous BF games did.

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It rotates for me. Attackers switch with defenders every Match.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think OPs point is that if he is defending on Arras, once he gets to Arras again in the serverrotation he will again be defending, because mapsnumbers are equal.

1 - ARRAS - Defending
    2 - Attacking
    3 - Defending
    4- Attacking
    5- Defending
    6- Attacking-
    7- Defending
    8- Attacking
    1 - Back to Arras - defending
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's a good chance that they might add Panzerstorm to the rotation as there is now Breakthrough on that map in Grand Operations (and it's quite a fun one, different to other maps but in a good way). That should fix the problem you've got.
    I do see what you mean - if I'm in a server for a long time because it's a good lobby, then when I've done the full rotation I tend to quite just so I'm not repeating the same games with the same role. There are some maps where I'm like 'woah, I don't remember the last time I defended/attacked on this map - have I even done that before?'. For example, I was defending on Devastation yesterday which I can't actually remember doing before, at least, I'm normally attacking.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

I think OPs point is that if he is defending on Arras, once he gets to Arras again in the serverrotation he will again be defending, because mapsnumbers are equal.

1 - ARRAS - Defending
    2 - Attacking
    3 - Defending
    4- Attacking
    5- Defending
    6- Attacking-
    7- Defending
    8- Attacking

It’s got nothing to do with the number of maps; the Axis are always defending on specific maps, and attacking on others, so if you stay on the Axis side the whole time, your roll on a specific map is going to be the same.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

1 - ARRAS - Defending
    2 - Attacking
    3 - Defending
    4- Attacking
    5- Defending
    6- Attacking-
    7- Defending
    8- Attacking

It’s got nothing to do with the number of maps; the Axis are always defending on specific maps, and attacking on others, so if you stay on the Axis side the whole time, your roll on a specific map is going to be the same.

I swear you switch between attacking and defending though? So sometimes this ends up with you playing one side two or three times in a row, but it's based off the role.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Ploodovic wrote: »

1 - ARRAS - Defending
    2 - Attacking
    3 - Defending
    4- Attacking
    5- Defending
    6- Attacking-
    7- Defending
    8- Attacking

I swear you switch between attacking and defending though? So sometimes this ends up with you playing one side two or three times in a row, but it's based off the role.

I don’t know the map rotation off the top of my head, but if you’re playing as Allies on Hamada, you’re attacking. If the next map is Twisted Steel, where the Axis are attacking, and you’re still on the Allied team, you’ll be defending that round. If, however, you’re switched to the Axis side, you’ll be attacking again.