I really wish you guys reconsider about switching sides

huginn123
33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 23
I really hate being put onto a server with a bunch of people that like to sit in camp I wish you guys would let us switch sides again it's very aggravating meant to seven different servers I get stuck on bad teams

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• ElliotLH
    8171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    You can switch sides on Xbox. It just doesn't seem to be common knowledge (maybe that's a good thing?).
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i remember in BC2 if you wanted to switch sides you would look for a player on the other team that you thought was not in a squad and you would click on their name view profile and join game then it would put you on their team with them.
    and that is how you switch sides on xbox, remember you can only switch sides if there is room on the other side.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think a good compromise is if you are playing in a server and have completed a whole game, then at the start of the next match you should be allowed to select which side you would like to play as...and this would be a one time selection, leave it as the server placed you in as, or change sides, then you are stuck as that for the remainder of the game...leave the server early no selection privileges until you complete another full match....

Keep in mind anything like my suggestion above will only add to the time it takes you to enter your next match.....

IMO i'm fine with it not in the game....
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 had the option, but it would not allow it if the teams would be too uneven in terms of bodies per team. So it prevented mass migration from the losing team to the winning side. But BF4 would also realign players after a match in an attempt to even out the teams. Something BFV does not do that I can see. But BFV does allow to switch to join friends, so at least that option is there, which to me is the most important. Nothing worse than having to leave a server and come back because you were stuck on the opposite team of the folk you joined in on to play with.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i remember in BC2 if you wanted to switch sides you would look for a player on the other team that you thought was not in a squad and you would click on their name view profile and join game then it would put you on their team with them.
    and that is how you switch sides on xbox, remember you can only switch sides if there is room on the other side.

Good suggestion. Never thought of doing this.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

Good suggestion. Never thought of doing this.

you can even do it in the last few seconds of the game too.
  • GSGFawcett
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    An there's exactly why it shouldn't be allowed. Let's arseholes jump ship rather than actually play the team game.
    Some of my best BF moments have been when you have fought back from seemingly insurmountable odds and come out winners.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    You can switch sides on Xbox. It just doesn't seem to be common knowledge (maybe that's a good thing?).

shhhh it's our little secret.
  • ElliotLH
    8171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bet you the YouTubers spoil it eventually.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

its already on youtube. it has been
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Maybe not something they can do with this BF & it's not related to improving gameplay but for the next one - make the entirety of the UI less convoluted. You can't even scroll through the medals, tags, weapon stats etc. without having to "select" each one to read what it entails. Likely a minor thing to many but it's annoying the heck out of me. I'm too lazy to have to prepeatedly hit a button when perusing info/stats. :p

*Edit* Doh! I've posted this in the wrong discussion. My apologies.
  • ElliotLH

Mustn't have been enough outrage I guess then :D
  • Redstripe101

Mustn't have been enough outrage I guess then :D

You can literally do it at the last ticket or minute of a match, even if it was 17 vs 31. Doesnt matter how unbalanced the match is, if there is a slot, it allows.
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's not new it worked like that even in BC2 on the 360 you could switch sides that way .
    but you might end up back in the wait queue if the game becomes full when your switching sides.