Weekly BF

This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Nice way to foreshadow your eventual purchase.

Sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely 0 time for another EA game. This game will most likely not be purchased at all until it is free on PS Plus. I have way too much going on. Plus I already have three EA games. I literally have no interest in Anthem whatsoever but thanks.

See you when Anthem comes out.

How's Anthem going bud?

Also, are you guys still defending BFV and hoping it will some day be home to miraculous amounts of content? Cuz EA is awesome and stuff!

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed 🤷‍♂️
    You don’t have much of an argument against EA when it comes to Apex, do ya?

Btw, BFV is still the best FPS on the market. You know...opinions and all
  • TEKNOCODE
    11148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely 0 time for another EA game. This game will most likely not be purchased at all until it is free on PS Plus. I have way too much going on. Plus I already have three EA games. I literally have no interest in Anthem whatsoever but thanks.

How's Anthem going bud?

Also, are you guys still defending BFV and hoping it will some day be home to miraculous amounts of content? Cuz EA is awesome and stuff!
    I wish that I would post on forums for games that I don’t play. I need to get with the time, I guess.

Oh, did I hurt your feelings again, EA knight? LOL. You are hilarious. As long as BF games are out there I will be on the forums from time to time. Notice I don't post much.

Hurt my feelings? Over a video game? Lol.

I’m not the one cryharding on a gaming forum.

Yeah, because I wrote a post to your other buddy about how Anthem aka trainwreck is going? Right bud. The only person cryharding is the one that needs to come into a thread like this and say the same thing you ALWAYS say. Every. Single. Time.

Fact is Anthem and BFV are terrible games made by terrible teams managed incredibly poorly by a hideous company.

Let's not forget this is the third major game just dumped on people. After BF1 it's like EA just decided they no longer care about finishing games. It's absolutely all about greed.

I saw the thread reappear in “my lastest activity” whilst waiting for documents to print and eating an apple.

I just find it funny that you bumped your own thread to a game that you don’t play, then called me a white knight because I like a video game that you don’t. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • TEKNOCODE
    11148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Highly refreshing that someone other than me is considered a troll.

Troll :trollface:
  • BaronVonGoon
    6944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Reported for trolling the troll.
  • Trokey66
    8599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Reported for trolling the troll.

Just don't mention CoD......
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I wasn't surprised at all by this news. But the naysayers on here couldn't see the light till now.

They still can't see it, if you go by Reddit, which DICE does....

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/anjd87/ea_q3_earnings_call_battlefield_5_did_not_meet_q3/

These are the folks they listen too, which is probably why the game failed.

I remember the excuses when I posted the vg chartz and people saying what about digital sales?!

Then the earnings report came and the tune sort of changed but more or less the same , also blaming the delay not the quality of the game, etc.

The game is bare bones.

i remember too, they kept saying i didnt have facts and blah blah then revenue report came out and they moved on to whatever it is they do here besides trying to get a volunteer mod spot 🤣🤣

I've actually adapted my playstyle, so now when i seldom do log in to play, I will play in the most obnoxious of ways. Last time I played I pushed all the stationary AA into out of bounds 🤣. So I found my fun, just sucks it couldnt be better.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I almost thought about reinstalling it a bit. I never said I would never play the game again. I don't have much room on my SSD left, and I don't have much time either. I enjoyed the time I put into the game for what it was. But that doesn't mean the game is not an utter failure.
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I gave it a chance. It's been 4 months, it's still below average with many problems and it's already stale. Logitech no-recoil macro-semi full auto shooters and other nonsense that make the game a chore to play. It was a nice try but I'll wait for the next one, when it's on sale for maybe 20 bucks. It's a skill-less nightmare filled with really bad gameplay calls.

I haven't touched it in awhile, I most of my crew abandoned it already and playing alone is pointless. I would love to play BF4 more, but with the server-player glitch and the broken infantry to vehicle balance, (rockets taking 9 years to regenerate from boxes while every server is basically an instant vehicle respawn one, slams and mines being useless, little bird infantry farming is still a thing because SRAW was nerfed into the floor, etc.) it's hard to get into Battlefield these days because it seems it was made for people who actually don't play FPS games.

Oh well, Apex is fine for the moment then when the next big thing comes out, it's off to that. The cycle continues.
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This should've been such a huge game after BF1... how did they get it so wrong?

I haven't played in weeks so don't know if the updates have improved it.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SilkWildey wrote: »
    This should've been such a huge game after BF1... how did they get it so wrong?

I haven't played in weeks so don't know if the updates have improved it.

Honestly, a smarter company would have just moved on to the same type of vibe. They probably should have never messed with TTK much either, and Premium should have been here day one.

Instead, they made the worse UI known to man, making rank up horrible, there is little immersion in the ww2 aesthetic, et cetera. A couple of the maps are very cool and very nice looking. But too many of them are too small, their vehicle camp/tether behavior is horrible, the guns do feel like insta kill guns at times, and with maps lacking in size and quantity, there is just no point to supporting a game like this. It doesn't have much of a future.

Star Wars will probably keep kicking, but I haven't played that in months after the initial content. I had more fun in that game overall too, and at some point will probably go back to play the new heroes at least. But maps killed that game too. Just like it will kill BFV.
  • Khronikos
    edited February 25
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.
  • superteds
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    do you have a blog or something i can ignore?
  • Khronikos
    superteds wrote: »
    do you have a blog or something i can ignore?

No, just keep boosting my threads little possum.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dear Diary,

Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

I guess it'll depend on how frequently they add new heroes, weapons, and maps.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.
  • ragnarok013
    3418 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

How's Anthem going bud?

I wish that I would post on forums for games that I don’t play. I need to get with the time, I guess.

Oh, did I hurt your feelings again, EA knight? LOL. You are hilarious. As long as BF games are out there I will be on the forums from time to time. Notice I don't post much.

Keep it civil @Khronikos

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I must be immune to that system. I edit my posts a lot and haven't had any disappear.

I do see it happen pretty frequently to others on these forums though.

Because you are on PC and we are on Console...
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You call it a sinking ship, but others say it is still standing tall.
    ===

Standing-tall.jpg

:smiley:
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I must be immune to that system. I edit my posts a lot and haven't had any disappear.

I do see it happen pretty frequently to others on these forums though.

Because you are on PC and we are on Console...

It used to happen to me a lot back when I first started on these forums. Then someone from EA fixed it for me and I haven't had a disappearing or delayed post from editing too much since then.

I even tested it maybe a year ago in a thread where someone was complaining about their edited posts disappearing.

I edited a comment 15 times in a row, one after the other, and it still didn't trigger the anti spam.
  • Astr0damus

Better yet we'll see him when the next BF game comes out. Bonus points if he's praising BFV by then.

But he's already wrong in that post. How can you hijack a post when the whole point of his post is false?

Ever wonder if half the people you are arguing with are actually DICE/EA employees undercover? The US F.B.I. even admitted they do it (infiltrate online communities to spread disinformation--like Kratom kills etc..)
    PS: I tried to catch up on this thread, but after a while I skipped 6 whole pages... does that make me a bad person? (I hope not)
    I'm just glad the person that bought this for me at Christmas time only spent $20.
This discussion has been closed.