ttk is back to stupidly quick now

Comments

• Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    Ya'll realize that attrition's manual heal is also partly to blame for gettings tons of hitmarkers? If an enemy manages to hit the bandage button you'll have to do more damage, but you really don't get any clear indicator that this happened in the chaos of a firefight, so it seems like they're bullet sponges.

Attrition is garbage.

Uh no? As soon as you get hit, you will stop healing. It might make some difference here and there, but it is not like you assume. To top it off, the other guy stops shooting for a short while, while he is seeing the medpack animation. Healing during active gunfights is stupid and should not affect the outcome of a gunfight.

Well. I don't know how this works with other weapons ...
    But with smgs i use the medkit with one hand and keep hipfiring with other.

Works great
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    thamac15 wrote: »
    I can handle quick TTD anytime, it’s the Wanted bullets that seem to curve around a corner for ten feet that I can’t wrap my mind around.
    Yes for me this is the biggest issue with the game right now,being shot 20 metres behind cover when there is no way the person could have even seen you.
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Got 3 rounds in yesterday. Something just felt off. I'm wondering if its this
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Besides the servers lagging lately, a gun that shoots over 600 bullets per minute, will shoot over 10 per second. With most guns requiring 4 or 5 you die in half a second.
    Why? Because no bullet deviation. With your basic recoil control all bullets hit, most of the time.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Nah, it’s the same.

I, for once, had some latency variation yesterday, but the hit detection still felt very solid, which it usually doesn’t, under those circumstances. I guess the changes in the latest patch are the reason for this improvement. Good job!
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is hilarious is how this is the second time that DICE has proclaimed the TTD to be "fixed," but now it's actually worse.
  • scienceteacher74
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have had games where it felt great and other games on the same server that were downright atrocious. There is no consistency at all in this game. There is definitely something wrong
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recorded a video last night where I bum rushed this enemy and out about 6 bullets into his chest and every shot looked like it went through him and hit the metal because you can see the sparks.

I would like to post it here, not for name and shame reasons, but just to get people's opinions on what happened.

Is that something that's possible?
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got OHK by a ZH-29 today. I don't think that's possible, even with a headshot.

I have no faith that DICE will ever fix the TTD issue.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got OHK by a ZH-29 today. I don't think that's possible, even with a headshot.

I have no faith that DICE will ever fix the TTD issue.

You could have been shot with anything at the same time, so that is one possible explanation. Or not fully healed, often enough you do not notice that either. In any case the ROF of the ZH is low enough that you should feel every single hit, unless there was something really wrong with the server or your connection to it.
  • ElliotLH
    9554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    I recorded a video last night where I bum rushed this enemy and out about 6 bullets into his chest and every shot looked like it went through him and hit the metal because you can see the sparks.

I would like to post it here, not for name and shame reasons, but just to get people's opinions on what happened.

Is that something that's possible?

You could put it on YouTube and link it here. I think that so long as you're using it to highlight your experience and not attack another player then you shouldn't fall foul of the no name and shame rule.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    What is hilarious is how this is the second time that DICE has proclaimed the TTD to be "fixed," but now it's actually worse.

Right well, because the problem with the netcode, is due to ttk. Now they're in predicament in what to do. In order to fix the game, they have to nerf it.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have a broken game and are trying to band-aide fix issues that need overhaul or complete scrap & rebuild. That’s not happening because the sales and Dice know this game is a steamy pile.... Call it what you want but getting what amounts to one shot killed by someone with a Sten from across map to then 10 shot hit not kill with same gun will never be explained away. Dice/EA pooped the bed. It’s why there is only 1 server in the US running Donination.
  • Cropulus
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    Ya'll realize that attrition's manual heal is also partly to blame for gettings tons of hitmarkers? If an enemy manages to hit the bandage button you'll have to do more damage, but you really don't get any clear indicator that this happened in the chaos of a firefight, so it seems like they're bullet sponges.

Attrition is garbage.

Uh no? As soon as you get hit, you will stop healing. It might make some difference here and there, but it is not like you assume. To top it off, the other guy stops shooting for a short while, while he is seeing the medpack animation. Healing during active gunfights is stupid and should not affect the outcome of a gunfight.

Well. I don't know how this works with other weapons ...
    But with smgs i use the medkit with one hand and keep hipfiring with other.

Works great

When I do that, I stop firing. Got me killed a bunch of times. Other people have had the same experience, but if you do not, great! I use it as soon as I can as frequently as I can. If you are a medic, that is the appropriate way to do it. However, the majority is not a medic and I would not want to waste the medpack if I cannot fully heal up or if I am standing next to a medstation.

So I agree, some gunfights it matters but generally it does not.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Besides the servers lagging lately, a gun that shoots over 600 bullets per minute, will shoot over 10 per second. With most guns requiring 4 or 5 you die in half a second.
    Why? Because no bullet deviation. With your basic recoil control all bullets hit, most of the time.

And it's weird that people wanted this as well. I might as well play COD. Well I am playing COD now and then. But I never wanted this for BF. I think the community in this game is hugely scattered and disparate. They seem to have no idea what they want, and different factions seem to guide the game in different ways leading to this colossal mess.
  • MrCamp121
    1121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a full Conquest match on Narvik, and didn't notice any difference one way or the other. Nothing has changed as far as I could tell.

It was fine for me the entire time. Until today. Jesus christ i couldnt even move without being dropped instantly. I dont think ive ever personally had that experience in this game. I stopped after 2 rounds

Just out of curiousity, were you on a team that was getting steam rolled? I notice that when I'm on a really bad team, I seem to die really fast too. Spawn, run 50 ft and get melted.

Oddly enough no i joined a winning team but the round was fairly even. I had to put half a magazine with the M1907 into people to kill, but just got obliterated by everything including pistols lol just gave up and packed it in for the day lmao
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Combined with guns that have almost no recoil or spread or sway, BF5 turned into a easy babymode shooter with frustrating TTD. DICE failed on the very core of this game imo.
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs to go back to a week ago. I don't get why it feels like it plays different every other day.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WAIT. When did they change it?
  • DogRoyal
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    N2h2 wrote: »
    I just played a full Conquest match on Narvik, and didn't notice any difference one way or the other. Nothing has changed as far as I could tell.

It was fine for me the entire time. Until today. Jesus christ i couldnt even move without being dropped instantly. I dont think ive ever personally had that experience in this game. I stopped after 2 rounds

Just out of curiousity, were you on a team that was getting steam rolled? I notice that when I'm on a really bad team, I seem to die really fast too. Spawn, run 50 ft and get melted.

Noticed the same. When I'm on the team melting people, it's like I have time to take 2 or 3 bullets befor dying, At same time I have the feeling that my weapons are doing really high damage.
    Other time, looks like I'm shooting plastic BB's while i feel instantly killed by any weapons, even low firerate smg from distance or rifles that are usually not so powerful.

Worst one stay M1 carbine, this sometimeinstant kill me from distance my ennemy is barely 4 pixel on my screen.

I won't call cheat or anything like that. With low ping (usually 9ms / no packet loss on EU PC servers) I feel like netcode / lagcompensation is totally random. Sometime it feel perfect, other time it's like damage are delayed and provided all at same time. Worst is when you hit 5-6 time (with hit markers confirmation) an opponent that is right next to you, with powerfull rifles (gewer, Mas44...) and he have the time to turn back and instant kill you with auto weapon like if it was a single shot. having still 80% of his HP on kill cam...

I notice this also! Thought it was just me seeing ghosts.. (probably is because I have no idea why or how this should be possible)
    sometimes it really feels that one team all of a sudden gets super high skill and even the lowest on the board hits with every bullet and take double damage. I mean, an otherwise even round can change radically to a steam roll in only a few minutes and from there on you get melted if you are on the wrong team.