DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Simple question, for the OP: What grade would you give the anti-cheat effectiveness so far?

A, B, C, D, F?
  • BigChubby6
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm getting the impression that nothing is going to be done. I'll give it a while to see if that's true. If so, I'll put on hacks and start focusings on the hacks in the game (fight fire with fire), or stop playing EA games altogether.
  • evriviadis
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    personaly i will give 0 man.nothing just nothing only lies and fail promisies and welcome to the meatcracker.dare teling your opinion about this?banned again and again so many years the same old story
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12836 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    evriviadis wrote: »
    dare teling your opinion about this?banned again and again so many years the same old story

You've been repeatedly told about discussing moderation.

Perhaps some time away will assist you in understanding that it is not allowed.
  • BumBum_BomBom
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 22
    evriviadis wrote: »
    dare teling your opinion about this?banned again and again so many years the same old story

You've been repeatedly told about discussing moderation.

Perhaps some time away will assist you in understanding that it is not allowed.

U BANED MORE HONEST PLAYERS FROM FORUM THAN CHEATERS
    Post edited by BumBum_BomBom on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12836 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 22

Maybe don't break the rules then?

It is quite simple.

:edit:
    That is also discussion of moderation, So you can have some time away also.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0ld_yell0w wrote: »

You need a whole new system for anticheat, you need a whole new - open communicated approach towards us in the gaming communities.
    By open communication I do NOT mean you to spill out all about the new AC, I couldnt care less about the specific tech. details.
    I mean post the bans like almost all other game communities do, make a forum part for the specific subject where only ingame names
    is used thus post the banlist there! THAT is perfectly legal as long as you dont provide specific details about the player.
    The name and shame .... c'mon girls ! grow up and grow a brain and some hair on the chest at the same time please, the
    ban forum can just as easily be moderated as this one can so players/forumposters being (put what ever you guys dont like in this bracket)
    thus you can make the banlist in a manner that it is not possible to comment on.

Having us see hackers that rage-hack for 3+ weeks for some odd reason makes us think that your anti-cheat is not working.

Weird, isn't it?

• Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    I remember a time not so long ago that we had a great system in place that not only took care of cheaters but also the toxic chat. That system worked great from the very start of the battlefield series all the up to Battlefield 4.

EA after more than 2 years should really look at going back to the old system. BF1 was terrible and it seems battlefield 5 is non-existent about toxic chat and cheaters in game.

Real live admins controlling dedicated 3rd party servers is the best method. It would help sales and gaming communities to grow. It would only hurt cheaters and toxic players. Best of all, it would work and has proven to work. This current methodology has been nothing short but miserable for everyone, players and developers alike. Since EA took over everything with RSP, cheating alone is up to 37% of the current player base. That is out of control and makes for a terrible player experience. That in turn leads to poor sales of games and future games and that leads to lack of faith in stocks to shareholders.

Just a thought and a idea to try. Might make for a better gaming experience.

It seems like EA is only interested in the roll out sales . They don't seem to care about selling this game in 2019 or even 2020 . Really poor sales teams and management . Not sure why any of these decision makers still have jobs .
  • Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The way EA is selling games, they are going to have to give them away.
    Star Wars Battlefront 2 did not sell well
    Battlefield V did not sell well
    Anthem has not sold well
    Apex Legend is free

EA has lost the ability to make a game that people want to buy. People do not want to player against players using Cheats, exploits, macros and that are toxic in chat.
    Easy fix is to bring back admins and real dedicated servers not the RSP program. That was a complete joke.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was terrible and it seems battlefield 5 is non-existent about toxic chat and cheaters in game.

I don't know what kind of server you played on, but all I have played on, there are word censorship. So now, 50% of the chat is full of * signs. If there were any cheat script in place, as good as the script blocking free speech, in an adult rated game, then I would actually be very happy.

• ibasaw_fr
    13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    [Petitions are not permitted per forum rules]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 was terrible and it seems battlefield 5 is non-existent about toxic chat and cheaters in game.

I don't know what kind of server you played on, but all I have played on, there are word censorship. So now, 50% of the chat is full of * signs. If there were any cheat script in place, as good as the script blocking free speech, in an adult rated game, then I would actually be very happy.

Exactly ! Why on earth did the devs waste time and ressources on a chatfilter no one ever asked for ! IF we had the options to rent a server
    and use plugins, that be procon or perhaps even custom designed DICE filters ?! then you would have a very large and wide-spread opportunity to join custom, ranked, official servers to your own liking. As per the previous titles you would surely have to let the anticheat from DICE be running or otherwise the server would go unranked, I never heard any complaints about that (not from legit players at least).
    To those players complaining about limits on an admincontrolled server it would be easy to say, go find another ! there would be plenty !

We end back at the BS from DEVS "we have been listening to the community" .. erhmm who ? name, photos and shoesizes
    - or it didnt happen because to be honest I dont believe you anymore when you tell us about what we want.

Lets have the admin system back, as @Axlerod1 mentions above, admins with a wide array of tools like previous games.

The dark side is winning because DICE ignored the community, and a post from Braddock about "Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V"
    wont change the developers ignorance and arrogance which we have seen since launch of BF1.

Be honest, you dont HAVE an approach because you havent been spending time and money on the AC part at all.
    Shouldn't this post initially have been made by Sean Merson from DICE anticheat team and not @Braddock512 ?
    (no offence Braddock512 but as I see it you can't answer half the questions in said case anyway)!
    That way answers could be adressed directly to "the man in the situation"

Sad part is

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/anti-cheat-in-battlefield-5?isLocalized=true

Most of this page tells us what WE can do to report cheaters .... well, you even made that almost impossible unless you tip taps
    out of game and ..........

• TheBatfink
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Maybe don't break the rules then?

It is quite simple.

:edit:
    That is also discussion of moderation, So you can have some time away also.
    True though isn’t it. Can I have some time away following a sarcastic reply also please. The forums are almost as joke as the game.
    So you can have some time away also.
    ^ Discussion of moderation.
  • TheBatfink
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Nice to hear that cheating bans are bans for life. About time some serious action was taken so this is very welcome. Still seem to be many screams of hacks in the forum though. I guess:
    ‘Players will be banned as soon as we reliably detect them’
    ..is really where the problem lies. I for one completely stopped playing after experiencing the level and blatentness of the cheating in this game and I do look forward to the day it may be playable again in my eyes. Very glad I got this game for free with my graphics card, I feel sorry for those paying full price (and more for special editions) to receive this level of support.
  • mario
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes, true, I bought it, better had spent my money on a decent game, didn't expect this game to be that crap. Well, it could be nice if the AC was in order. Went back to BF4 this week and had fun playing again, BF V is unplayable because there are too many pathetic loosers on who think they should cheat. Also they even don't bother to hide it anymore as nothing will stop them, reporting wont help as Dice would have time to look into that huge amount of reports
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited February 23
    TheBatfink wrote: »
    True though isn’t it. Can I have some time away following a sarcastic reply also please. The forums are almost as joke as the game.

I don't set the rules, EA does.

My duty here is to enforce them.

It's not my problem that some users have a distinct inability to abide by some very basic rules.

So let's get this back on topic.

Cheers.
  • dude_ButtCabbage
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't play all that much anymore, but I have seen only a few blatant cheats, you know like someone going 180-2 on a conquest match. Reporting them isn't really worth my time or effort, maybe it is for die hard fans but for me it's easier to leave the match and if I can't find a comparable map/mode in a minute or so I'm out and go play another game.
    Like a lot of the adult players I have a job, family, etc...and can't play hours on end so any cheating or suspected cheating in a match and me and my discord buddies usually just check out of BF V and go to another game. The fact that there are over 150 pages of comments in the PC thread about cheaters says a lot, either there is some unchecked cheating or there's the appearance of it, either way it hurts the game and thins the player base slowly but surely.
    Just my opinion
This discussion has been closed.