Weekly BF

Battlefield V clutching on to straws

Comments

• ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Venomenal1 wrote: »
    Is it me or is BFV dying an early death?

me and 3 of my friends got infraction from forum moderator when we reported a cheater who destroye our server, in bf1
    cheater dont got no penalty, we were restricted by lol goit yer tags from forum for 2 weeks tho
    then we decided not to buy more bf games
    teh company can send their ty for low revenue to these moderators who defend cheaters and ban ppl who expose them

majority of ppl skip this on pc because cheating is rampart

the only way me and my pals we come bk to bf games is if they remove lol got yer tags (the hacker defender) from moderator
    if not, WE WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING MORE EA RELATED
    He banned us from forum and insulted us in private message and laughing at us in private coz he banned us when we report a hacker with video proof who promised he will kill our server (and he did, ppl stopped joining)

Discussing moderation twice and calling me out?

Also posting slander?

Harassment too.

Jailed.

If you want to report a cheater, You know EXACTLY the method to do so, So report them.. PROPERLY.

If you cannot post on the forum without violating the rules, Then just dont post.

Oh and one more thing, I do not laugh at you, Nor did I threaten to "kill your server".

It is all evidenced in the action logs of the forum and I can look at every infraction you have ever received from me and I can 100% guarantee that no such threat or "laughing" is present in any of them.

You bully loooool.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is it me or is BFV dying an early death? Very few servers running at the moment. Is it because of these other battle royale games or is battlefield just not cutting it anymore?
    I know it doesn't grip me like past battlefield games.
    I personally think if DICE doesn't go back to what made games fun like in the past they going to head back to making pinball games. There are some amazing games on pc coming to console soon as well, this year in fact, this could be a nail coming down. If Bad Company 3 is a let down in 2020 then it's over for sure.
    I've had this game 4 months and its not fun any more, even hardline was better than this.

Are you bashing Pinball Dreams and Pinball Fantasies!? Those were great games.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Very few servers running at the moment.

Really? There are always a lot of servers when I look. So many that I have to scroll down to see them all. Dunno why you aren't seeing them...
  • MyBhole69420
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Really? There are always a lot of servers when I look. So many that I have to scroll down to see them all. Dunno why you aren't seeing them...

How are you filtering them? I am looking at 4, non-ToW, North American servers across Breakthrough, Conquest, and Grand Operations. Quickmatch can't even find me a server with enough people to start. Either people aren't playing or the server browser doesn't work properly.
  • flatrock101
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    I don't know. Haven't played much since Feb 5th Chinese New Year Day. I just don't feel motivated to play.

That's why my local chinese takeaway is closed,
    I will be motivated when it reopens on the 28th,
    Happy new year.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Time for a break for me, game is a mess IMO and will never be fixed. A shame, but hopefully a break will give it time to be refined a little. I doubt we will see much more meaningful content or major revisions.

Im at the same place. Nothing exciting going on. Dice's priorities have been awful. Disgusting coop mode and battle royale. Where are the iconic weapons and battles. Im sick of having Faith and waiting too man.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11084 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23

How are you filtering them? I am looking at 4, non-ToW, North American servers across Breakthrough, Conquest, and Grand Operations. Quickmatch can't even find me a server with enough people to start. Either people aren't playing or the server browser doesn't work properly.

It’s 6:53am central time (4:53am west coast and 7:53am east coast). Between breakthrough, conquest and GO, there are 35 full servers.

Edit: Xbox.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Who could have foreseen such events.
    2b3.jpg
    oh wait.

Yep dice called it and consumers called there bluff.
    Was only ever gonna be one winner

What does this have to do with the game lacking content? As much as people want this to be the narrative, the majority doesn't care that women are in the game. I'm one of those people. People are more upset by the lack of content more than anything else and the hardcore gameplay changes that affected the core aspect of the game.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been monitoring my friends list (80 odd friends so of course it dose not reflect the entire community) and the majority of them (who actually play Origin games) have moved onto Anthem or play Apex. I see the odd person playing BFV here n there. But some have just vanished. Never seeing them on line.
    I haven't played for a week or two because the clan i was playing with seem to have stopped playing. So i cant say if it seems dead to me personally as far as looking at servers.
    All my real life friends stopped playing it a while ago. I hated the game at one stage but now i wish more of my friends were playing. When i see non on line i've just been playing single player games (i do love RPGs though).
    Its hard to see it living long. But maybe some are just taking a break and will come back?
  • NLBartmaN
    3486 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did notice it takes more and more time to find/make a match when we try to do quick match Conquest or Operations with 1 squad from our Platoon.
    We also get "bored" faster than with BF1, usually we stop after around 2 hours of playing and play less nights in a week.

Yesterday we decided to play BF1 with the Platoon and it was insane fun, we played lots of hours and had no problem finding a server.

After 1 night of BF1 you again realise how bad BF V is, or how good BF1 is ... playing BF1 feels so smooth, such a great UI, so much to do and everything working logical and like it should, it looks and sounds amazing and has a great vibe.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard Dan Mitre is all over these issues 🤣🤣🤣
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I can't wait for the March patch to see the new map. One map is not enough, for sure, but it's the only meaningful content this game can have now.

Also, I hope they will stop this travesty of gazillion game modes every other week. And I hope BR flops hard so they can cross that off the list and move on. The best online shooters have one or two game modes and they're immensely successful. Recycling content in samey game modes doesn't count as new content, DICE. Grow a backbone and make up your mind what you want this game to be. And deliver on it.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the straw is fitting since DICE just sucks
  • DogRoyal
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been monitoring my friends list (80 odd friends so of course it dose not reflect the entire community) and the majority of them (who actually play Origin games) have moved onto Anthem or play Apex. I see the odd person playing BFV here n there. But some have just vanished. Never seeing them on line.
    I haven't played for a week or two because the clan i was playing with seem to have stopped playing. So i cant say if it seems dead to me personally as far as looking at servers.
    All my real life friends stopped playing it a while ago. I hated the game at one stage but now i wish more of my friends were playing. When i see non on line i've just been playing single player games (i do love RPGs though).
    Its hard to see it living long. But maybe some are just taking a break and will come back?

I share your experience about friends stop playing. We were 4-5 friends regularly online but I am only one left and I have noticed that several have mentioned similar in here lately. Sounds like a trend.

My friends are actually playing cs:go now.. I played the hell out of counter strike until BF 1942 came out and I never looked back since and not starting now. I still enjoy BFV but I am really missing some maps with iconic WW2 battles such as D-day, Kursk, Stalingrad, Ardennes etc.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24

As you can see, I've searched for 2 maps in my filter: Rotterdam and Panzerstorm. Plenty show up...

AEOs6tQ.png
  • G-Gnu
    1427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just so you all know , DI Digital (a Swedish economy newspaper) reports that about 80 ppl has left DICE since last year.
    Most of those has gone to the company Embark Studios started by Patrick "These are people who are uneducated—they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario" "either accept it or don't buy the game" Söderlund, and that says it all.
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    Who could have foreseen such events.
    2b3.jpg
    oh wait.

Yep dice called it and consumers called there bluff.
    Was only ever gonna be one winner

What does this have to do with the game lacking content? As much as people want this to be the narrative, the majority doesn't care that women are in the game. I'm one of those people. People are more upset by the lack of content more than anything else and the hardcore gameplay changes that affected the core aspect of the game.

Look I agree with you but when dice/ea come out with comments like that it’s gonna become a big factor!