Let us disable TAA!!

SilverSeva
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 13
Patch after patch but it seems like DEVS don't understand what the community is asking about....

Let us disable all kind of antialiasing...
Let us disable completely that garbage TAA!!!

Edited to remove all caps sentences. Indoor voices, please! - EA_Cian
Post edited by EA_Cian on

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    3046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do not know everything about it, but have read a lot about it being the main reason for poor visibilty and all of the "blending"?

Can someone explain?
  • fragnstein
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can you disable txaa from desktop> gforce settings> individual program settings?
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    I do not know everything about it, but have read a lot about it being the main reason for poor visibilty and all of the "blending"?

Can someone explain?

BFV forces TXAA to all players, which is an anti-aliasing technique.

TXAA consists of TAA, FXAA, and blurring filter. It is usually used to produce cinematic scenes, but BFV adopted it as a FPS game.

Originally, TAA already has blurring side-effect. And it’s combined with additional blurring filter. It’s not strange at all that people cannot see someone being prone, cuz the game force-blends him with backgrounds.
  • xDJ_Cas
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    SilverSeva wrote: »
    Patch after patch but it seems like DEVS don't understand what the community is asking about....

You wanted to say:"Turn off TAA cause your GPU is not capable to handle it?"

Buy a better PC man and don't be a peasant
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And please provide a working SLI profile. It's been long enough without support. I don't want to run custom profiles or reconfigure every time I update drivers.
  • SilverSeva
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 14
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »

My GPU is capable to handle it! And the game runs at good and stable FPS.
    Performance is not the reason to complaing about TAA but clarity, sharpness and visibility and for the good of my eyes
  • spychodelics
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Without crappy TAA they cant push DLSS feature :disappointed:
  • SilverSeva
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Can you disable txaa from desktop> gforce settings> individual program settings?

No, we can't! Nor from configuration files.
  • SilverSeva

That does not make sense. DLSS is another AntiAliasing technique.
    Apart from that, DLSS is only available for RTX cards, which not everyone has.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Clearly no idea why TAA is trash. Next time inform yourself before trying to make others look stupid ;)
  • spychodelics
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That does not make sense. DLSS is another AntiAliasing technique.
    Apart from that, DLSS is only available for RTX cards, which not everyone has.

That was my point, instead of allowing us to disable TAA they provide a "better" solution, which unfortunatly you need to buy new hardware to use.

Maybe i did misunderstood it, they way it is in my understanding, you can have TAA or you can use DLSS.
  • SteveZee
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So i should have to own a thousand dollar PC just to not have to stare at a blurry screen? And why should that have to be forced onto people who can't afford that?
  • Matt7993
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The man above is just right :) Battlefield 1 looks brilliant, antialiasing was working game was pretty and sharp. I dont know that they did with this engine since Battlefield 1 but graphic is worse now. The same problem is with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and Battlefront 2. Who owns it knows antialiasing in Battlefront 2 is terrible too. Please give us more choices of antialiasing. I cant really enjoy the game in this blurry state.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reason they won't allow an option to disable TAA is because it causes severe texture artifacts and texture flashing. Truth to God that's the reason but EA won't tell you that.

YOU WON'T EVER GET TO DISABLE IT. EVER.

Does BFV look like a game that has capable software engineers behind it to you? It's such a hodge podge mess, you wouldn't believe.

• Matt7993
    I dont need necessarily to disable it. Just to improve it to the state how it works in Battlefield 1. Or give us more antialiasing options for example MSAA. Just do something about that bluriness.
  • MetalGearMk3
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TAA is the worst AA
  • Matt7993
    yeah ... so what can we do about it? what is the best way to let devs know?
  • spychodelics
    Just let us disable that crap.
  • Matt7993
    lets try to keep this thread alive maybe devs will do something about it