Recon is easy-mode.

Astr0damus
2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I played it today for the first time (to get the 10 flare-gun spots) but spent the first 3 games spotting with the spotting-scope (I didn't read close enough) so anyway, I died a lot while only trying to spot with the scope--but then once I got to level 4, I used the flare gun and got it in one game--then decided to stick with recon for a couple of rounds.. and what do you know? After only a few hours of playing I have a +1 K/D (even after dying hella-times while using the spotting scope only).
And I was only using the basic Mark 8 or whatever it is called (after the Lee Einfeld)
Recon-easy-mode-1.jpg
Recon-easy-mode-2.jpg
====
Then I realized how people are getting these "great" K/D's by coupling these two things together, recon + small mode = WIN
Small-mode-easy-mode.jpg
===
I guess some people are too careful with their precious K/D to play Conquest where the big-boys play.
It is so much easier when there are only two objectives that either have to be armed or defended---don't play the objective, just shoot fish in a barrel because you know where they have to come to. I've said this all along... people talk so much trash about how great they are, then you find out they do something cheesy (small-mode only, recon only, pilot only, Medic-train-only, Pub Stomp only, sit in spawn and farm infantry with a tank... something.) You just don't typically have a 7+ K/D playing in Conquest with randoms. But feel free to make people feel bad.
tl;dr: Recon is easy greasy--and I don't even have the good "OHK" guns unlocked yet, or specialized up yet. Recon = garbage mode. You can get "Great" K/D and "Great" SPM by playing Recon on small 7 minute modes.
---
LAME
--
Fire away recons! I've got an extra med-pack.

Comments

• VVaxDaddy
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand... What's different about recon not playing objectives in objective-based gamemodes and just farming kills that makes it different from the other classes doing the same? This only really different as medic as they can't effectively do it.
  • Squad_Cohesion
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Everything is easymode in this game. THAT's the problem.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, if you sit and camp obviously you will get a good K/D. Most people who boast about KD are campers - they know they've got a good KD because they don't put themselves in any danger of dying by not contributing anything to the objective other than slightly weakening the enemy forces by picking a few off. I can respect a player who has a good KDR and plays the objective most of the time - take a look at TheBrokenMachine on YouTube (he streams pretty much every day, 2pm UK time), when he's playing the objective he'll tend to get 50+ kills to about 10-15 deaths. But snipers who sit away from objectives and don't try to help their team push by picking off enemies are just annoying (but there's not much you can do about them on the whole. You can throw smokes at them if they're just sat in your spawn though, see if you can annoy them enough for them to move).
  • NukeIncharge
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too many recon can make you loose the game. If good recon players are there than they are good support by flaring and spotting the enemies. I switch to recon on dark maps in order to assist my team to move forward by spotting the enemies.

I am not as lucky as you are perhaps due to higher ping, and I have another disadvantage that as soon as I spot an enemy, my team instantly kill him so I don't get much of kills.
  • NukeIncharge
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    I mean, if you sit and camp obviously you will get a good K/D. Most people who boast about KD are campers - they know they've got a good KD because they don't put themselves in any danger of dying by not contributing anything to the objective other than slightly weakening the enemy forces by picking a few off. I can respect a player who has a good KDR and plays the objective most of the time - take a look at TheBrokenMachine on YouTube (he streams pretty much every day, 2pm UK time), when he's playing the objective he'll tend to get 50+ kills to about 10-15 deaths. But snipers who sit away from objectives and don't try to help their team push by picking off enemies are just annoying (but there's not much you can do about them on the whole. You can throw smokes at them if they're just sat in your spawn though, see if you can annoy them enough for them to move).

True, facing this major issue of player camping around the corners. I travel kms to reach and objective in Hamada and once I am near the flag, I get killed instantly. That makes it boring little bit but that's the way some people want to play.

Devastation is a death trap for real players and heaven for the campers.

I feel bad for such players who don't enjoy the game but killing.

The best way to game is to stick together as a squad, which is a rare case since some play for themselves or don't know how to play squad. Sometimes I get too good squad that it double the fun.
  • NukeIncharge
    VVaxDaddy wrote: »
    I don't understand... What's different about recon not playing objectives in objective-based gamemodes and just farming kills that makes it different from the other classes doing the same? This only really different as medic as they can't effectively do it.

It helps sometimes, for example in Aerdrome, recon can be very helpful by spotting and eliminating the enemies entering into an objective.

But it's always bad feeling when you are killed by a recon....
  • barnesalmighty2
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A good recon can lock down an entire flank route. In objective modes they have a good role to play and contribute to the team. Something people must learn quickly is not to instantly drop to prone when you get pinged fir 60 damage you will 99% of the time die to a follow up shot.
    I enjoy the class a lot and love going rambo with my revolver and throwing knives.
  • VincentNZ
    3794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well whole modes are basically based around there ability to deal damage from far behind, while being in no danger themselves. On Breakthrough, GO, Frontlines I've never had much of an issue, to reach a K/D I could only dream of on the other classes, but I am of course not on the objective then.
    It is a bit different on Conquest, when engagement ranges are lower and youare more often forced into fights or engagements where you have to react, which hampers your effectiveness drastically.
    On Conquest playing against recons is mostly a hassle only because they force you to use your bandage. In the other modes, they are deadly and frustrating, because of bad map and mode design.
  • tempo_rarity
    1178 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The 'Stats Repairman' . . . a gruesome job title , in my opinion .
    Their existence is one of the main reasons that I've become unimpressed with such store-front displays .
    It's the difference between seeing the 'perfect' hamburger on a poster and the slammed-together-mess you get in the fast-food line .
    "but I am so a hamburger just like the poster!" it cries while avoiding looking at the poster .
    :tongue:
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Well whole modes are basically based around there ability to deal damage from far behind, while being in no danger themselves. On Breakthrough, GO, Frontlines I've never had much of an issue, to reach a K/D I could only dream of on the other classes, but I am of course not on the objective then.
    It is a bit different on Conquest, when engagement ranges are lower and youare more often forced into fights or engagements where you have to react, which hampers your effectiveness drastically.
    On Conquest playing against recons is mostly a hassle only because they force you to use your bandage. In the other modes, they are deadly and frustrating, because of bad map and mode design.

^It's this precisely! Breakthrough, GO and Frontlines it is like shooting fish in a barrel because everyone knows where everyone has to end up, the exact coordinates. But on Conquest it is a rare occasion when only one enemy is firing at you... usually your position is triangulated and taking fire from 3 separate enemies (2 recon plus an assault). My only point to this thread was a light-bulb went on last night.. like "Aha.. so this is how to get a 7K/D and 700+ SPM. Play 7 minute "death funnel modes". (PS: 200 people trying to get out of a single exit is called a death-funnel in case some didn't know what I was referring to--and this is what these are when there are just two objectives to either arm or disarm.)
  • Astr0damus
    A good recon can lock down an entire flank route. In objective modes they have a good role to play and contribute to the team. Something people must learn quickly is not to instantly drop to prone when you get pinged fir 60 damage you will 99% of the time die to a follow up shot.
    I enjoy the class a lot and love going rambo with my revolver and throwing knives.

^This is very true, especially as the gentleman before you noted, on Aerodome there is a perfect place to crouch and take out the baddies that stand right inside the hangar entrance at flag C (coming from D) and then once they are gone, your squad/team can move in and take the hallways.
  • Astr0damus
    The 'Stats Repairman' . . . a gruesome job title , in my opinion .
    Their existence is one of the main reasons that I've become unimpressed with such store-front displays .
    It's the difference between seeing the 'perfect' hamburger on a poster and the slammed-together-mess you get in the fast-food line .
    "but I am so a hamburger just like the poster!" it cries while avoiding looking at the poster .
    :tongue:

^Fantastic analogy! "K/D got you down? Ready to quit? Well, here's something that will put some pep back in your step, it's called 'RECON' and it will have you shooting more than just a rifle, why, you'll be shooting your mouth off in the forums in a matter of days!"
  • Astr0damus
    edited February 2019
    [post removed due to attacking others / flaming / baiting]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • MarxistDictator
    5001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You're just playing Recon how it was supposed to be played.

The people around here, they want Recon to be made a direct-line tip of the spear style offensive class, which is why they cry that Recon is so hard when they have trouble taking on the classes actually made for close combat.

Its so unfair only having a wallhack and 2 hit kill revolver on your side.
  • Astr0damus
    You spelled assault wrong.

Is your point that Assault is easy-mode? (Because I don't see where I typed the word Assault) if so, I totally agree. My K/D is worse in Support and Medic than the other two (fancy that, the two kits where you have to use teamwork to revive and hand out lethal ammo). But I still maintain, K/D is not that important in CQ, it's just like I said, a light-bulb went on last night when I figured out what these people do to get/keep high K/D and it's boring. Anyone can do it. I don't know if it's possible to reset my stats, but I should do a 2 month experiment and show a 5+ K/D and 600+ average SPM. (Except I would be so bored and frustrated I don't think I could finish the full 60 day experiment.).
    I was "raised" on conquest, not CoD, so I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    ==
    Speaking of Broken Machine, I have seen his videos and he's very good (probably keyboard/mouse--not taking anything away from him, but does he play conquest? The last one where he claims BF V is boring (or at least he asks the question) he is hanging out in on specific part of a trench--probably where the enemies have to come to arm/disarm and objective.
  • Astr0damus
    You're just playing Recon how it was supposed to be played.

The people around here, they want Recon to be made a direct-line tip of the spear style offensive class, which is why they cry that Recon is so hard when they have trouble taking on the classes actually made for close combat.

Its so unfair only having a wallhack and 2 hit kill revolver on your side.

The flare-gun indeed only adds to the "fish in a barell" aspect. I enlarged my minimap the other day and I'm never going back. (I was afraid it would take up too much of my field of view, but if it does, it makes up for it by, as you noted, acting as a legal wall-hack) Whenever I'm "camping" (taking a flag by myself) and I hear a flare gun go off, I know I'm dead meat.
  • Astr0damus

Well, yes, most guns can be equipped with a 3x scope, but having never really played recon in BF V before yesterday, I didn't realize recon has a 6x scope--so this just enables the recon to sit farther back (read: safer; less deaths) and blend in with the environment and farm kills that are running to one specific part of the map. And once it says "Clear the sector of all remaining enemies" and lights them up, then it's super easy.
    To be clear, I'm not dissing on recon-mode, it has it's place--I'm just saying, if K/D is something that is important to you, play only Recon/Pilot/ or farm from your spawn. But if you like to have fun, play Conquest. If you hate recons, then play Aerodome mostly, and cruise the cliffs on each side for melee fun.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

Well, yes, most guns can be equipped with a 3x scope, but having never really played recon in BF V before yesterday, I didn't realize recon has a 6x scope--so this just enables the recon to sit farther back (read: safer; less deaths) and blend in with the environment and farm kills that are running to one specific part of the map. And once it says "Clear the sector of all remaining enemies" and lights them up, then it's super easy.
    To be clear, I'm not dissing on recon-mode, it has it's place--I'm just saying, if K/D is something that is important to you, play only Recon/Pilot/ or farm from your spawn. But if you like to have fun, play Conquest. If you hate recons, then play Aerodome mostly, and cruise the cliffs on each side for melee fun.

The scope glint almost always gives away the long range snipers though and they are pretty easy to spot in the distance and take out of make them flee to cover. Any range of more than 300m is a waste of time and it is rare to see that type of sniper do well on the board.
    The 6x I find allows for easier drag shooting at closer ranges when I snipe I'm usually around the 100m mark to the objectives or enemy spawns.

For me personally I hate the way support is forced to play in V see enemy drop prone get killed. I'm not a fan of prone and detest seeing people try and fail to be tactical crawling around the map no matter what class they pick.