Let us disable TAA!!

Comments

• rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    Since people don't like to read...

HERE IS HOW TO DISABLE TAA IN BFV:

1. You must use the DX11 render pipeline.
    2. You must set motion blur to 1%
    3. WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 in the console while in the map.

TAA will now be disabled. Texture filtering will be broken, textures will no longer align properly, texture lod will be broken, there will be severe texture shimmering, there will be flashing textures on certain maps, the game will be a mess.

On the bright side it will fix all problems with the jumping system, no more getting hung up on pebbles or anything else that is "jumpable". It will turn you into the Bruce Jenner of BFV.

EA broke every software design principle with BFV, it is forever broken. The foundation is rotten to the core. A hodge podge mess thrown together as nothing more than a quick cash grab.

Try for yourselves.
  • LuchsE75
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A month later and still nothing. This is just disapointing...
  • Noodlesocks
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I recall, the whole engine since Battlefront 2 is built with TAA integration and simply turning it off would cause major issues. I don't know how accurate that statement is or why any sane developer would do something like that but it would explain why we still don't have an option to turn the blurry method of AA off.
  • LuchsE75
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldnt mind any of the texture poping or any other issues if i could just get rid of the blurr caused by the aa.
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Please dice. I've still not touched this game since launch. Give back these basic features
  • ragnarok013
    3065 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited July 3
    Despite this being an older thread here's reminder to remain civil and stop the personal posts about one another and your rigs.
  • Sk1lld
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand that removing TAA increases the shimmering on plants and trees. I would gladly suffer this in exchange of the Blurriness that TAA gives us.
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sk1lld said:
    I understand that removing TAA increases the shimmering on plants and trees. I would gladly suffer this in exchange of the Blurriness that TAA gives us.
    Well said! 
  • Noodlesocks
    2773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld said:
    I'm sure it is something they could fix too but I would happily deal with some graphics glitches if it means not having to strain my eyes with the ugly blurry mess that is Battlefield 5.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The reason they won't allow an option to disable TAA is because it causes severe texture artifacts and texture flashing. Truth to God that's the reason but EA won't tell you that.

YOU WON'T EVER GET TO DISABLE IT. EVER.

Does BFV look like a game that has capable software engineers behind it to you? It's such a hodge podge mess, you wouldn't believe.

This.
  • Shadeblast
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, this is how I see it.
    Temporal Anti-Aliasing in any kind of application is a Post-Processing method.
    This brings up the question: Is Anti-Aliasing actually applied when you put Post-Processing in Battlefield/Frostbyte to Low?
    Might setting Post-Processing to Low actually be a state of 
    Most games pack Anti-Aliasing into their Post-Processing and Low will almost always make it turn off because the rendering phase is skipped or reduced to the bare minimum.

If no one arguing can give proof, that this is true or false. All of you take a step back and get to the ground of this or ask someone who has this insight.
    Asking a DICE developer nicely to confirm any questions might turn up some interesting. Besides making you look better than just mindlessly blaming people...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12852 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Shadeblast
    TAA is forced on regardless of post-processing settings.

It can be entirely disabled via command console BUT it introduces some very nasty glitches such as shimmering and flickering textures.
  • Shadeblast
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags
    Thanks for clearing this up. Gotta keep them white pixels in check :D

By the way, is there some kind of config one can edit or run a console script at startup to run some commands?
    Personally I like to play with the fps counter enabled and have to turn it on every time I start the game. 
    Jut me nitpicking but comfort is always appreciated from the fanbase ^^
  • NLBartmaN
    3193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Shadeblast
    TAA is forced on regardless of post-processing settings.

It can be entirely disabled via command console BUT it introduces some very nasty glitches such as shimmering and flickering textures.
    Then it might be time to add a different choice for AA ... so we can disable TAA and enable a different AA method.

But TAA is probably needed for the MTX or as "cheap" option for players without the latest RTX card ...
  • Matt7993
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont have problem with TAA in Battlefield 1, but this TAA in Battlefield 5 is sooo much worse. That is the problem, TAA is OK but it is working horribly in this game. 
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12852 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Shadeblast
    You can create a user.cfg in the game directory where bfv.exe resides and input all the commands in the cfg and bfv will apply them each time the game is loaded.

Open notepad > paste all the commands in that you want running on startup > file > save as > change file type from .txt to "all" > filename = user.cfg

And you're done,  This also applies to bf1,  bf4, both and bf1 :)
  • Shadeblast
    LOLGotYerTags said:
    @Shadeblast
    You can create a user.cfg in the game directory where bfv.exe resides and input all the commands in the cfg and bfv will apply them each time the game is loaded.

Open notepad > paste all the commands in that you want running on startup > file > save as > change file type from .txt to "all" > filename = user.cfg

And you're done,  This also applies to bf1,  bf4, both and bf1 :)
    You my friend, are a VIP!
    Much appreciated!
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

TAA will now be disabled. Texture filtering will be broken, textures will no longer align properly, texture lod will be broken, there will be severe texture shimmering, there will be flashing textures on certain maps, the game will be a mess.

On the bright side it will fix all problems with the jumping system, no more getting hung up on pebbles or anything else that is "jumpable". It will turn you into the Bruce Jenner of BFV.

EA broke every software design principle with BFV, it is forever broken. The foundation is rotten to the core. A hodge podge mess thrown together as nothing more than a quick cash grab.

Try for yourselves.
    This method still works. You will need to re-enter WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 in the console after each map change and follow the first two steps. Just create a macro to paste it in the console. It may also fix the invisible soldier bug but I have not checked(and won't). BFV has a problem with bounding boxes for textures which ends up creating z-fighting issues(among other even larger problems).

Golden rules of frostbite were not followed in the design of BFV and the game has been painted into a corner. It's un-fixable while Battlefront 2 is a technical masterpiece in terms of audio and visual fidelity. How? For the simple reason that some things have to be done right from step one in the process, there is simply no way to go back and "fix" certain issues. It's why every patch is one step forward and two steps back.

• BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 16
    rockin_master said:

Try for yourselves.

This method still works. You will need to re-enter WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 in the console after each map change and follow the first two steps. Just create a macro to paste it in the console. It may also fix the invisible soldier bug but I have not checked(and won't). BFV has a problem with bounding boxes for textures which ends up creating z-fighting issues(among other even larger problems).

Golden rules of frostbite were not followed in the design of BFV and the game has been painted into a corner. It's un-fixable while Battlefront 2 is a technical masterpiece in terms of audio and visual fidelity. How? For the simple reason that some things have to be done right from step one in the process, there is simply no way to go back and "fix" certain issues. It's why every patch is one step forward and two steps back.

Yeah now that I think about SWBF2 is almost bug free. It plays smoothly and has alot less of the annoyances. Same Frostbite engine! Maybe the engineering teams are different.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    rockin_master said:
    Just create a macro to paste it in the console. It may also fix the invisible soldier bug but I have not checked(and won't). BFV has a problem with bounding boxes for textures which ends up creating z-fighting issues(among other even larger problems).

Why bother with a macro?  Those arent allowed according to tos.

Just paste the command into a user.cfg,  or into the launch parameters of bfv by right clicking it in origin.