Why do so many guns in this game have literally no recoil or spread at all?

124»

Comments

• TEXls1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heavy over exaggerating going on here.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    Looks at all the assault guns and some other class guns with the perks on: nope. Not exaggerating. No recoil or spread you have to compensate for. Its stupidly babymode easy.
  • TEXls1
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    Looks at all the assault guns and some other class guns with the perks on: nope. Not exaggerating. No recoil or spread you have to compensate for. Its stupidly babymode easy.

I do use them with perks, there is recoil and spread. You’re flat lying or just dumb. Anyone with half a usable brain can adjust for recoil and spread by tap firing or single shot.
  • DogRoyal
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    I think the recoil control in this game generally is rewarding. The guns feel different as they said they would and some are easier than others (Lewis gun, I am looking at you).
    You know if you loose a gunfight to a good player but more importantly you know also when you win a gunfight against a bad player when you know you should have lost because you missed way too many shots yourself. You just don’t remember those encounters as well...

Way too many pro’s commenting here. For you it is EZ game but when you look at the scoreboard only a few stand out and most are average.

You die instantly and go: Laser beam guns! Netcode! TTK!
    But how often do you yourself shoot a player in back/side 10m away pop-pop-pop-dead and run along and the poor guy experience next-to- instant death. Should he then go crying about netcode/laser beam/TTK like you do now???

Edit to add: 600 rpm is 10 rounds per second so pop-pop-pop doesn’t take a whole lot of time. In fact it feels quite instantly.
  • DogRoyal
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Lol, what a statement we have here. Go to the practice range and check it out. There is recoil in this game, but it is manageable.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    DogRoyal wrote: »

Lol, what a statement we have here. Go to the practice range and check it out. There is recoil in this game, but it is manageable.

Sure there is recoil, but its so tiny that I dont even have to compensate for it. Its stupid. Some guns are pinpoint laserrifles with no recoil felt. And the sway? There is none. Gunplay has never been more boring as in this game.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    Game is purely for casuals who cry. That's why

Would explain the shallowness of the shooting mechanics. Which are laughable in BF5.

Personally, I could care less if Dice added more recoil to these weapons, as long as they increased the damage to preserve the current TTK. I mean, lol moving my mouse another half inch during a burst fire is really not that big of a deal. Not sure why some deem that as "skill"

Actually I think guns should be harder across the board for all classes (I'd redesign how the medic guns behave though) while retaining the bullet damage. It's an indirect way to make TTK/TTD longer.
  • DogRoyal

Sure there is recoil, but its so tiny that I dont even have to compensate for it. Its stupid. Some guns are pinpoint laserrifles with no recoil felt. And the sway? There is none. Gunplay has never been more boring as in this game.

Ok, yes I do agree with that to some extent. I think it is that the guns are different (in same class) and therefore some feel very easy any others not so much. I bet you have favorites and some that just doesn’t feel right?

Overall though, I also think there is to much spraying (being rewarded because recoil controllable) and too little tapfire needed even on considerable ranges.

Gunplay IS funnier when you have to struggle a bit and totally agree it is in the low end now but it is not just point and hold trigger without thinking.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ok, yes I do agree with that to some extent. I think it is that the guns are different (in same class) and therefore some feel very easy any others not so much. I bet you have favorites and some that just doesn’t feel right?

Overall though, I also think there is to much spraying (being rewarded because recoil controllable) and too little tapfire needed even on considerable ranges.

Gunplay IS funnier when you have to struggle a bit and totally agree it is in the low end now but it is not just point and hold trigger without thinking.

It has nothing to do with making the gameplay more fun or whatever you want to call it. Recoil is how you obtain balance across different classes of weapons. Everyone is complaining about lack of balance and how certain classes are superior than others.... Every gun is basically a laser beam. There was no real thought put into the weapon balance and it seems like DICE is too afraid to make any drastic changes that need to be done because they risk "upsetting" the few players they have left. It's sad, really.
  • disposalist
    8323 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The short answer is because the random spread deviation featured in BF1 was loathed by a large small but loud competitve-wannabe portion of the community (including many people on this forum, but mostly Reddit).
    Fixed.