Weekly BF

Operations impossible?

sjankis630
26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Can someone explain to me why I am so horrible at Operations? I am not a good player per se but I can be semi competitive on Conquest. I have played about 8 different games of Operations and I don't think I got more than 2-3 kills each game. I was shot from 30 diffrent directions at once. if I spawned in on squadmates I was torn to shreds from advancing players. If I spawned in back at the beginning spawn point I was cut to ribbons by snipers from across the map who I couldn't even see.
Is this mode only for hardcore players?

Comments

• disposalist
    8675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 24
    It is rather intense game mode because the objectives are so clearly defined and condensed, sector to sector.

Conquest tends to be less hectic as the objectives are more spread. You have more opportunity to catch your breath and plan a flanking move or hunker down and defend or whatever.

In Ops, you either defend from an entrenched position or attack one of a few objectives. Everyone knows where everyone is.

I'm not a big fan of Ops. It can be good but relies very heavily on well balanced teams and players that play the objectives. If you get even slightly bad balance or a few players that won't try to PTFO the game is ruined.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As Disposalist said it requires a decent balance to be good.
    If your attacking team is weak ptfo’n you are not going anywhere.

If your defense likes to run away it’s gonna be a steam roll.

I personally like operations and it’s my go to mode when by myself cause I can make a bit more difference than conquest. It’s also way easier for me to bait planes so I can kill them with a LT grenade.

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Like the others said, the mode is harder than conquest. You depend more on your team to get you covered. With few chokepoints per sector, the objectives get quite hectic and if half your team is sniping and your tankdriver decides now would be a good time to use the mortar truck at the back of the map, well you don't stand much of a chance. However, if you know how to flank, learn the map flow, you can make all the difference. Pushing the enemy from behind while your team is charging at them from the front and you finally overrun those defenders and take that sector, it is the most intense and rewarding action BF1 has on offer.

Defense is always a question on how many ppl are standing on the objective and how many are behind it. Pretty simple, but can also be challenging to push a good attacking team back.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only play Operations. I honestly love it. I think to be successful you need to get familiar with each sector and which areas people tend to gravitate towards. I love how chaotic it can get. I used to be a Rush player and I find Operations is nothing more than a larger scale Rush game.
  • MarxistDictator
    4956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Except the Attackers don't basically restart the round tickets whenever they take a base like in Rush. And because of that ticket glitch (all the kills converted into tickets don't count if they occur before the counter resets to 50) they sometimes get jipped completely in Operations.

I think it's the best mode because of the action. Some CQ maps become totally boring when everyone is so spread out you're lucky to get 5 kills in 5 minutes. So much running and so little else to do. And the rounds are over so fast...CQ in this game sucks, because all the vanilla maps and the first 2 DLC packs were built specifically for Operations.
  • sjankis630
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    OK thanks for the advice. I have only played one more game and it was on Argonne Forrest. We were defending and I started the game at the beginning. As soon as I spawned in I swear there were two guys "behind" us who shot me dead before I could even fathom what was going on.
    Clearly this is not the mode for me.
  • kristalshards
    31 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sjankis630 wrote: »
    OK thanks for the advice. I have only played one more game and it was on Argonne Forrest. We were defending and I started the game at the beginning. As soon as I spawned in I swear there were two guys "behind" us who shot me dead before I could even fathom what was going on.
    Clearly this is not the mode for me.

Well spawn at the camp if you feel you get shot quickly. Then make your way up the battlefield behind your team mates. I wouldn’t suggest going by yourself somewhere, you can get easily overwhelmed. Learn the maps and learn where the enemies are coming from or where they might already be. Before you respawn after you’ve been killed, look on the map and see if/where the gross of the enemies are. Use that to your advantage.

It also matters what class you play as. If you’re medic, I would suggest you don’t get aggressive especially if there are already people in your team who pushes forward. Stay behind, use smoke and revive your dead team mates. Spot enemies to help your team mates kill them.
    With time you will learn. I was completely terrible in Operations, now I can get at least a nice 1:1 KDR which is ok given that I’m playing this game since last Christmas.