Heavy Tanks need more shells...

DukeSan27
1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
For me, the biggest inhibitor from using Heavy Tanks is the shell count. Most of the time I spend going back to the depot to re-arm, instead of being in the action. Even if you have someone repairing you in the field, you will run out of ammo and that will take out of the action for a while.

This becomes more accentuated due to the slow speed of the Tanks.

Something like 24 starting rounds on Tiger and 30 on Churchill will be good.

Comments

• xKusagamix
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, 18 rounds for a Tiger Tank is pathetic, they're already slow as heck, a big fat target, slow turret traverse.
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Yeah, 18 rounds for a Tiger Tank is pathetic, they're already slow as heck, a big fat target, slow turret traverse.

DICE pls...

I loved the Tiger in Beta, 30 shells with extra ammo upgrade and no systemic damage, s-mines for close combat action.
  • xKusagamix
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    xKusagamix wrote: »

DICE pls...

I loved the Tiger in Beta, 30 shells with extra ammo upgrade and no systemic damage, s-mines for close combat action.
    Yup, Upgrade paths make no sense, i rather have weaker but more tank shells with S-Mine.

I'm fine with infantry attrition but tanks attrition is just ridiculous mostly for heavy tank like the Tiger.

A tank crew that going to war with 18 tank shells? It must be a joke.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    round count would be fine if it one hit light tanks or 2 hit medium tanks. It takes like 5 hits to kill any tank.
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup heavy tanks should get more ammo as well. Now since heavy tanks are the most slow tank they should have the most capabilities stock ammo in the game compared to other tank ( since you need like almost double time to get ammo in station compared to medium tank). Just do that porpotions. How is the % of less speed of heavy tank have compared to medium?

Then take the total ammo of medium tank have + the number of % difference = total ammo of heavy tank. Example valentine 40 ammo ( I don't rember well is a example) . Churchill have 30% less speed than valentine ( example).

The 30% of 40 is12. 40+12= 52 total ammo of heavy tank. ( it's just an example eh)
  • xKusagamix
    I'll be fine if they increase tank shells for heavy tanks and balance it out with slower time to rearm.
  • Panzerkeks85
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't agree more!

Heavy Tanks should have around 30 shells for their main gun and around 750 for the MG...
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think all standard tanks should start with no less than 30 shells. Id also like to see damage increases and an increase to reload times for heavier tanks to help balance the added damage
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice if support had a trait to resupply tank ammo by maybe 5 shells with a cool down of course, some maps it takes way to long to haul it to a ammo station and back to the action
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Transport half tracks should have specializations. It could have an upgrade path that aides infantry and another that aides vehicles by setting itself up as a mobile resupply point of sorts.
  • Soulbreeze
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That'd be pretty cool fakemon. Almost like an ammo runner for frontline tanks.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it’s that inconvenient (it is) then just be a cheat and abuse the still unpatched infinite resupply bug, you can equip as many cannon rounds as you like then.
  • Noodlesocks
    3627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, no real point to heavy tanks right now. Grab a staghound with rocket mount and you can kill any tank almost instantly while they still take several rounds just to put you in danger.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, no real point to heavy tanks right now. Grab a staghound with rocket mount and you can kill any tank almost instantly while they still take several rounds just to put you in danger.

Just another part of the bigger picture which is Dice immense Bias against the german side, especially the Tanks. The Archer is just the last example.
    Its really good that this game wont live long enough to give us the Panther and King Tiger. It would just be an even bigger Joke when they get killed by a Staghound with ease. Or the absolute OP Tank which is the Valentine.
    Even when Dice would put a modern Leopard 2 in the Game, they would let it be destroyed by the british tanks easily.
  • DukeSan27
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Just another part of the bigger picture which is Dice immense Bias against the german side, especially the Tanks. The Archer is just the last example.
    Its really good that this game wont live long enough to give us the Panther and King Tiger. It would just be an even bigger Joke when they get killed by a Staghound with ease. Or the absolute OP Tank which is the Valentine.
    Even when Dice would put a modern Leopard 2 in the Game, they would let it be destroyed by the british tanks easily.

I find Panzer IV with stock ammo, spotting flares and s-mines to be the best Tank for objective play. The Allies have nothing like it.

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I find Panzer IV with stock ammo, spotting flares and s-mines to be the best Tank for objective play. The Allies have nothing like it.

They have, its the Valentine. 6 Pounder and Auto Reload is enough. It wrecks everything in its way, can even take two Tigers at once if the Gun doesnt get disabled.
  • DukeSan27

They have, its the Valentine. 6 Pounder and Auto Reload is enough. It wrecks everything in its way, can even take two Tigers at once if the Gun doesnt get disabled.

Tank v Tank sure, but it can’t get on point like a Panzer with the above loadout can. It simple does not have any close support/defense capabilities.
  • Stahlmach

Tank v Tank sure, but it can’t get on point like a Panzer with the above loadout can. It simple does not have any close support/defense capabilities.

Which in most cases just leads to a fast death thx to the Super Soldier aka the Assault Class. Supported by Anti Tank Mines thrown at you....
  • DukeSan27

Which in most cases just leads to a fast death thx to the Super Soldier aka the Assault Class. Supported by Anti Tank Mines thrown at you....

No, that’s no longer the case. Since the Panzerfaust nerf few patches ago and HE shell damage buff in the last patch, I no longer see Infantry as my main threat. Tank v Tank has become more deadly, so Tanks are the main threat now.

I don’t mean that you can bulldoze onto flags and kill everyone, you still need to be next to or little behind Infantry line.

• rainkloud
    592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the 18 keeps supply depots relevant and makes having HEAT or APCR attractive. You should feel some constraints but not be crippled. Having that depot time is intended as it makes you covet that flag and the transit time, while not fun for the tanker, gives the enemy time to breathe and attempt a counter assault. We have to consider how these mechanics play out in a broader sense.