Anti-tank mines

Comments

• Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ZombieGent wrote: »
    Nothing better than putting some down forgetting abut them and then later seeing those kills come up, anti tank mines are great

Yeah, and putting them in unlikely places, and people hit them---then you know somebody probably rage-quit. I will occasionally droop a double-stack in the middle of a field on Panzerstorm just to see if I hit the lottery. People probably already know this--but I will almost NEVER leave a capped flag without throwing a single AT mine in front of the empty jeep. Is it cheap, or is it brilliant? I don't know, I will let others decide (but I will never stop doing it).
  • WarTurtleKal
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »

I was with you until you said that last part... that takes more cajones than firing a Piat from behind a building. Running after tanks can either be very rewarding or very punishing. If an infantryman sneaks up on you often enough, you will learn to keep it moving. Those who stop in the middle of a field and farm infantry, get what they get.

I can agree with that though. I've killed several tanks trying to run away from me after noticing I was laying mines because of the large blast radius. It needs a much more concentrated blast radius.
  • jahgraha
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    jahgraha wrote: »
    So what is the merit, and gameplay advantage, of destroying a tank (or a plane) with a tank mine that just randomly crosses one's path?

The point of them is to be area denial.

However I do understand the frustration when people place mines randomly and get a kill. It just doesn't feel like they earned that kill.

Oh well, it doesn't happen that often for me to be that annoyed.

If they placed it and you didn't spot it and killed yourself on it, you deserve to die.
    Randomly placed mines have a position in the game. It'd be dumb if we were to just say "No, you can only place mines on PATH WAYS or objective entrances". Wouldn't do very much.

Ok so if they are placed one foot ahead of where the plane appears, automatically accelerates before taking off and cannot be avoided, I should have spawned there first, see if someone put a tank mine there, then redeploy, wait for the next airplane and hope no one put a mine there, otherwise it's my fault, right?
  • jahgraha
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what is the merit, and gameplay advantage, of destroying a tank (or a plane) with a tank mine that just randomly crosses one's path?

As an AT Mine enthusiast, I don't understand your question, nor how you phrased it.
    How does an AT mine randomly cross your path? You make it sound like the AT mine is the object that is moving.
    The fact is, you randomly crossed onto a mine that was just sitting there waiting for someone like you.
    How does one destroy a plane with an AT Mine? That I would like to see.
    AT mines work, and are necessary to being balance, especially on tank-heavy maps like Panzerstorm. If I am clever, and put them in heavily traveled spots, and the tankers are not clever enough to not travel on roads, or across bridges (chokepoints) then they get what they get.
    If I'm misunderstanding your question, please rephrase it. Mines don't cross people's paths like bicyclists, or deer.

There you go
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wow... I thought most planes spawned while flying already. That is crazy, I agree. But blame your buddies. (Pilots who like to drop AT Mines in the enemy spawns). I find it to be a little poetic-justice. Don't you do it to them also?
  • dayglowfroggy
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing more satisfying than either throwing loads of mines at a tank for a big explosion or strategic placing around objectives in the hope a tank will be going that way.

Most tankers know the risks around obvious areas that's why I like to try less obvious places.
  • bigiain
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They're good for balancing the faster vehicles, the armoured car can just zoom around the map and retreat from trouble, mines mean that going fast has a risk.

I've not had much luck with them in this game to be honest, tankers are very cautious.
  • jahgraha
    wow... I thought most planes spawned while flying already. That is crazy, I agree. But blame your buddies. (Pilots who like to drop AT Mines in the enemy spawns). I find it to be a little poetic-justice. Don't you do it to them also?

I only pilot the spitfires and bf 109 gs;
    They're not my buddies because they pilot, my buddies are my teammates, whatever position they play.
  • jahgraha
    So thanks guys for all your answers. Pretty convinced only psychopaths rejoice in such kills so I now disengage friendly anti-tank mines.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So thanks guys for all your answers. Pretty convinced only psychopaths rejoice in such kills so I now disengage friendly anti-tank mines.

Respect!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ok so if they are placed one foot ahead of where the plane appears, automatically accelerates before taking off and cannot be avoided, I should have spawned there first, see if someone put a tank mine there, then redeploy, wait for the next airplane and hope no one put a mine there, otherwise it's my fault, right?
    You are part of a team, is there something preventing you from asking your team to check the runway at G and clear any mines there? No? Well then.

• WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are part of a team, is there something preventing you from asking your team to check the runway at G and clear any mines there? No? Well then.

Come on bro, I know you’re more reasonable than that, it’s a team game but we’re not all connected on comms, and console players can’t type in the chat box. Not only are there preventions, it’s compeltely unreasonable.
  • ZombieGent
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

You mean aside from destroying the tank and getting more than likely a multi kill and a heap of points....not sure really good question.
  • DukeSan27
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Come on bro, I know you’re more reasonable than that, it’s a team game but we’re not all connected on comms, and console players can’t type in the chat box. Not only are there preventions, it’s compeltely unreasonable.

What are you on about? It’s a highly skilled maneuver.

We need more such mechanisms in Battlefield.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been the Stuka pilot that litters the road with mines all over the place. I get shot down then for the rest of the round giggle as I keep getting kills
  • Hawxxeye
    6564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    placing the mines next to an enemy ressuply station can have some hilarious results
  • Astr0damus
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    placing the mines next to an enemy ressuply station can have some hilarious results

Yeah, just think.. you save them time because if/when they respawn in a tank they will have full health and full ammo :smiley:
    Perspective is everything.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Oh boo hoo, somebody's airplane got blown up, the horror, the horror. When my squad takes G on Hamada one of the first things I do is make sure there are no enemy mines on the runway, the same way I destroy enemy mines wherever I see them, the same way I repair friendly tanks or rebuild supply stations etc., all things I do because I'm trying to help my team win. If the folks on your team aren't doing that, that's a shame, but it doesn't mean DICE needs to change the game to accommodate a lack of teamwork. There are Medics who don't revive and Supports who don't drop ammo, doesn't mean we need auto-revive and infinite ammo.

Consoles, man, where this game began going wrong was when consoles collectively became the dominant platform, they've been dumbing down BF ever since.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LMAO this has to be a joke. The merit is that you placed a select number of mines that you knew someone would later runover destroying the vehicle. It means you denied the enemy teams vehicle access to an area and slowed them down. The mine didn't "randomly cross one's path", someone smarter than you put it there and you ran it over because you weren't paying attention to the road. That is area denial warfare 101.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I think mines in totally random places are worse than those on obvious roads. Trying to spot plane mines in grass is not easy.

Yeah people sometimes spam mines in the swamp on Twisted Steel, they’re impossible to see. Hard not to rage when that happens.

if you know this then why go in the swamp?