This is straight up insulting.

Comments

• jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they have trouble getting this stuff right.... welll, wait till Firestorm comes out.
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pro_b0 wrote: »
    Lol, I thought this tweet was audacious. Asking a heavily suggestive question and still not getting the answer he wanted. Who even thought this a good communication strategy? We want a complete product for the complete price we paid. To use this old analogy again: Nobody will buy a car from a vendor who asks "would you rather want the car in the colour you ordered or with functioning brakes?".

I get that there are ressource and time restriction, but if you cannot make a complete game with what you are given, then maybe you can't handle your job or the project was impossible from the get go. But in that case then you shoulkd have made that clear to higher management.

When I first saw the tweet I thought... bet that guy gets a call from his boss and some hot under the collar PR/social strategists.

He can prob join the Aussie EA employees at Centrelink.
  • ElliotLH
    7722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    EA short changes their creative studios on resources, gives impossible release dates, and forces their developers into corners that effect the quality of their games. This isn't news. Blaming DICE for the awful constraints put on them by EA is just silly. Just take a look at the quality of their releases before EA bought them out. There's a vast difference, and it makes it fairly obvious where the problem lies (especially if you follow the trend of EA buying a studio and ruining all their games afterwards).

Blaming DICE for this mess is like blaming your mechanic for a car lot selling you a lemon.

You want to push for change, scream at EA.

Took me years to forgive them for Westwood.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    diagoro wrote: »
    This just clarifies my fears for V, if not the franchise. BF is zero priority for EA, and is being squeezed thin for other games. Devs should never have to make these decisions.

Think it's time for another s$$# storm EA's way. I really can't hold Dice all that responsible now, not if much of their team is being siphoned off to other games, while the budget is getting increasingly tightened.

Screw EA at this point....

I don’t think it’s that, I think EA’s just lost touch with their customers and have gotten even greedier. EA’s yearly revenue’s huge. They could easily have expanded the team at Dice and made BFV a blinding success. Had they done that, they actually could’ve/would’ve taken a sizable bite out of CoD fan base. What would that mean? Increased long-term sales, revenue and profit$$$.

What did they do instead? Cut funding and rush the release, ultimately putting out a game that’s about a year away from completion. They bricked it

The only somewhat positive I can think of on EA’s part is the fact that the decision to remove premium content was Dice’s I remember hearing.

And yet, removing premium will also bite the game in the rear......Live service guarantees no content, no readmap, minimal content. At least with Premium there was a 'contract' for extra content'.
  • drbobcat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    While I obviously wish the game had been released in a better state, this is where we find ourselves all the same. No matter how often y'all cry "it should have been there from the beginning," it won't change the current situation. He was reaching out to the community with a sincere question, wondering what they would prefer given the extreme circumstances at hand. Many of you instead decided to shoot the messenger, to bite his head off, and say "we shouldn't be in this situation to begin with."
    Do you think he doesn't know that? Do you genuinely believe he would have been okay with shipping the game with such an obvious error if he had the opportunity to change it? No, he wouldn't, and I am certain you all know that.
    Look at this forum. Or reddit. Or twitter. Or youtube. Everyone is constantly complaining about the lack of content, whether it's maps, weapons, vehicles, or any number of other things. Yet, seeing that, you honestly believe he should have had them cut out an entire vehicle from the game (variants and all) to put in a plane visible in only one mode, complete with animations only visible during the beginning of a round? Priorities, people. Priorities.
    I will reiterate what I said before for emphasis since I expect some dishonest actors here to claim I'm just some shill for EA, completely unwilling to criticize them or their practices. This game was rushed and rushed BADLY. Given the quality of the single player content, it should have never been developed in the first place. The same goes for combined arms. Massive budget sinks with no payoff to justify their existence. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "if you can't do it right, don't do it at all." They weren't willing to do it right and they shouldn't have wasted all that time and money on **** that ultimately got them nothing in the end.
    Yet, in spite of all that (and much, much more), I understand that this still how it all played out. They **** up. They seem to be trying to rectify that, however much they can. A tweet like the one mentioned is evidence of such. So why don't we just try answering the damned question honestly and stop kicking dead horses, okay? If you're here on this forum, you obviously care about the game/franchise to some extent. How 'bout you try working with those trying to make your life better instead of CONSTANTLY spitting in their faces?
    Yeah, you paid your money. We all did. But there's a line between feeling entitled to what you paid for and being downright unreasonable. Have some goddamn sympathy. And people wonder why devs aren't more transparent, aren't more willing to reach out to players for feedback...
    EA may be absolute ****, but this community isn't nearly as innocent as it thinks.
  • Jumpy-B-L
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    We hardly need the vehicle variation we have now. I'd rather have fewer, better balanced vehicles. Quantity does not equal quality. My opinion applies to weapons as well.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm no dev, but surly when they developed the Airbourne 'cutscene' it would have been done it such a way that they could easily swap British skins for German ones on top of the soldier models knowing both sides would be using it?

Essentially, yes, it would be very easy. There is no excuse for not doing it.
  • SirSpectacle
    750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is a good example of why DICE doesn't communicate much with the fans. When people like the OP are insulted when they hear the truth, it's best not to tell them anything at all.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jimbutt9 wrote: »
    If they have trouble getting this stuff right.... welll, wait till Firestorm comes out.

I'm just waiting to be able to do dances and emotes in conquest. We all know it's coming at some point.
    wc138 wrote: »
    EA short changes their creative studios on resources, gives impossible release dates, and forces their developers into corners that effect the quality of their games. This isn't news. Blaming DICE for the awful constraints put on them by EA is just silly. Just take a look at the quality of their releases before EA bought them out. There's a vast difference, and it makes it fairly obvious where the problem lies (especially if you follow the trend of EA buying a studio and ruining all their games afterwards).

Blaming DICE for this mess is like blaming your mechanic for a car lot selling you a lemon.

You want to push for change, scream at EA.

Well, yeah, I mean most of us solely blame DICE for this mess, but you're right - the majority is EA and their prioritising greed over quality.

However, surely a simple reskin of the soldiers inside the plane (similar to the plane having the German Iron Cross on it when Germany is attacking) would have been sufficient. Yeah, sure, it's not the right plane, but that doesn't really matter to me. It's not like Battlefield has ever been accurate, and certainly not BFV. I wouldn't say DICE is 100% blameless in this, there are still things they could have done that wouldn't have done much, if anything, to the budget. There were plenty of other things they could have simply not included if their budget was that tight.
  • greyyetigreyyeti
    39 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People are mad because they paid for a AAA game and what we got is in reality an early access beta which after more than 3 months still isn't even close to a polished game.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still dont understand why there are a allied soldiers inside the plane though. I get not being able to make the German plane but you still could have filled it with German soldiers.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It proves that DICE hates any form of authenticity.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What bothers me the most is that a multibillion dollar company is complaining about expenses as if adding one model is going to cost them their entire life savings.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    drbobcat wrote: »
    Yeah, you paid your money. We all did. But there's a line between feeling entitled to what you paid for and being downright unreasonable. Have some goddamn sympathy. And people wonder why devs aren't more transparent, aren't more willing to reach out to players for feedback...
    EA may be absolute ****, but this community isn't nearly as innocent as it thinks.

I would argue that we haven't crossed the line yet. Why? Because of this quote from Dice.
    ElmbAzF.png

I don't know about you, but I smell false advertisement.

I know ive been smelling something.....

*cough cough bs cough
  • DukeSan27
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    What bothers me the most is that a multibillion dollar company is complaining about expenses as if adding one model is going to cost them their entire life savings.

Bean counting remains bean counting, whether its 100 beans or 10 million.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    drbobcat wrote: »
    While I obviously wish the game had been released in a better state, this is where we find ourselves all the same. No matter how often y'all cry "it should have been there from the beginning," it won't change the current situation. He was reaching out to the community with a sincere question, wondering what they would prefer given the extreme circumstances at hand. Many of you instead decided to shoot the messenger, to bite his head off, and say "we shouldn't be in this situation to begin with."
    Do you think he doesn't know that? Do you genuinely believe he would have been okay with shipping the game with such an obvious error if he had the opportunity to change it? No, he wouldn't, and I am certain you all know that.
    Look at this forum. Or reddit. Or twitter. Or youtube. Everyone is constantly complaining about the lack of content, whether it's maps, weapons, vehicles, or any number of other things. Yet, seeing that, you honestly believe he should have had them cut out an entire vehicle from the game (variants and all) to put in a plane visible in only one mode, complete with animations only visible during the beginning of a round? Priorities, people. Priorities.
    I will reiterate what I said before for emphasis since I expect some dishonest actors here to claim I'm just some shill for EA, completely unwilling to criticize them or their practices. This game was rushed and rushed BADLY. Given the quality of the single player content, it should have never been developed in the first place. The same goes for combined arms. Massive budget sinks with no payoff to justify their existence. I'm a firm believer in the saying, "if you can't do it right, don't do it at all." They weren't willing to do it right and they shouldn't have wasted all that time and money on **** that ultimately got them nothing in the end.
    Yet, in spite of all that (and much, much more), I understand that this still how it all played out. They **** up. They seem to be trying to rectify that, however much they can. A tweet like the one mentioned is evidence of such. So why don't we just try answering the damned question honestly and stop kicking dead horses, okay? If you're here on this forum, you obviously care about the game/franchise to some extent. How 'bout you try working with those trying to make your life better instead of CONSTANTLY spitting in their faces?

I think it points more to how nieve the dev was in even posting the question. What did he expect?

This game is srarting to look like ir was a mess from the beginning. Grand motives and aspirations, with major budget and staff cuts. They didn't have the time, staff, funds or a management to get the job done.

BFV will be remembered for what it could have been, as a huge missed opportunity. Where the community was majorly split, the product rushed, and hopes on all sides dashed.

The ONLY way the save the franchise is EA giving the devs the time and money to properly develop the game. That may cery well include loot boxes, and pay to win.