What is up with the level of detail?

Jinko_itx
654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
its bad, I mean... it is bad. even BF1 was nowhere near as bad as this, rocks pop up all around you, stuff on walls on certain map change structure right in front of you, even AA titles are not this bad

Comments

• CaptainHardware
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Try switching between DX 11 and DX 12, one works better then the other on different systems. I have a far less powerful computer running on Windows 7 and I don't have issues like this. Though this could also be a symptom of overheating of your system, the 2080ti is an absurd space heater.
  • Jinko_itx
    654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    Try switching between DX 11 and DX 12, one works better then the other on different systems. I have a far less powerful computer running on Windows 7 and I don't have issues like this. Though this could also be a symptom of overheating of your system, the 2080ti is an absurd space heater.

I don't have a heating problem, but as I tested it out, it is the DX 12 that has a LOD problem, I can see why DX 12 runs better than DX 11 now
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The graphics in this game are weird. Sometimes they can look beautiful then at others they just seem off somehow. Like the trees in some of the maps look 2d and ugly. I think they went a bit OTT with the optimisation.
  • TFBisquit
    1081 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How bout those trees, sweeping left an right like a f10 tornado hits them. Quite hilarious actually.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1762 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    How bout those trees, sweeping left an right like a f10 tornado hits them. Quite hilarious actually.

Lol yea.. OR the ones trees that look like tornadoes themselves..
    The graphics in this game are weird. Sometimes they can look beautiful then at others they just seem off somehow. Like the trees in some of the maps look 2d and ugly. I think they went a bit OTT with the optimisation.
    Its like the entire screen gets filled with "particles".. Looks sandy or gritty or whatever, just messy..
  • Sierra_Hotel_1
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any way of removing the 'floaty grass' blowing around, that catches your eye leading you to believe it's an enemy for a split second?!
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any way of removing the 'floaty grass' blowing around, that catches your eye leading you to believe it's an enemy for a split second?!

Maybe EA is trying to sucker snipers into wind correction...
  • Jinko_itx
    just played with DX 12 back on today and I didn't have any LOD problems...weird
  • BlindChance
    481 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love this new graphical bug when a tank splashes water. The splash effect looks like from a bad cartoon.
  • bigguyhawaii
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love this new graphical bug when a tank splashes water. The splash effect looks like from a bad cartoon.

I think that’s one of the specialization where it destroys mines
  • Cerben1
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if i run my game on dx 12 ultra i get 104-134 fps in game if i run it on dx 11 i get 124-134 on ultra if i put it on low dx 11 i get 138-200 i prefer only to take down the undergroth undergrowth to mid to see some more enemies but its hard to spot any one for me gess its age =D
  • Soulbreeze
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only consistent problem I've noticed is on Panzerstorm. Sometimes my client will just not keep up with ground textures resulting in blurry ground for a bit before it sharpens up.
  • g0merpile
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    The only consistent problem I've noticed is on Panzerstorm. Sometimes my client will just not keep up with ground textures resulting in blurry ground for a bit before it sharpens up.

Eliminate textures, Texturing filtering - Driver controlled LOD Bias
  • p0pcornMuncher
    358 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »

The trees are ridiculous mate, I'm actually shocked at DICE for putting something so crappy looking into the game.