AAs need a major buff

2»

Comments

• ragnarok013
    2556 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    xDJ_Cas wrote: »
    Ohhhh look another QQ thread from camper on MAA. Sorry move along and I do not support such players like you and gtfo here

No need to be so combative, dial it back a bit.

• mrtwotimes
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I would think 10 consecutive hits would bring a plane down, which is not the case. Oh well.
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stationary AA is a joke, it's only worth the time if you have your own fighters in the air or other AAs helping. Most planes I got with it were either damaged before I started shooting or had really bad pilots. Mobile AA is overall ok, I think. The German one might even be too strong.
    But anyway, before they touch the AAs, they should balance the planes. Some are ridiculously OP.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    gibonez wrote: »
    AA is fine against fighters and medium planes but its too weak against heavy bombers.
    From an infantry point of view, I understand the desire to buff AA against bombers.
    But reality is that Bombers are flying coffins and they don't survive for long. Bombers can hardly defend them self against fighters.
    Bombers don't stand a chance against fighters and buffing the SAA against bombers may be to much. I would rather tweak the bombers ability to carpet bomb with the 3th bomb sight and give them less bomb load.

I'd wish bombers could withstand the cheese from stuka and spitfire coming at them. At least give a chance to the gunners to fight them off. But noooo DICE decided the same insane fast TTD infantry have to apply on bombers vs fighters as well.
  • SirBobdk
    3858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AA is fine against fighters and medium planes but its too weak against heavy bombers.
    From an infantry point of view, I understand the desire to buff AA against bombers.
    But reality is that Bombers are flying coffins and they don't survive for long. Bombers can hardly defend them self against fighters.
    Bombers don't stand a chance against fighters and buffing the SAA against bombers may be to much. I would rather tweak the bombers ability to carpet bomb with the 3th bomb sight and give them less bomb load.

I'd wish bombers could withstand the cheese from stuka and spitfire coming at them. At least give a chance to the gunners to fight them off. But noooo DICE decided the same insane fast TTD infantry have to apply on bombers vs fighters as well.
    The Stuka B2 is a joke. Its surpose to be a tankhunter but almost all my kills comes from shooting down planes.
    Same goes for the Spitfire. It kills bombers way to fast, but not the Stuka. Makes no sense.
    @esturias_88
    But anyway, before they touch the AAs, they should balance the planes.
    That would also be my fist choice. Otherwise we just end up with everything being OP.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    The flakpanzer sucks since the nerf but the valentine AA is really good with 3 barrels. In my experience stationary definitely gets the job done unless the pilot is smart.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't say a major buff, maybe 5-10% or so more damage on their explosive rounds.
  • Hawxxeye
    5023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Imo SAA and MAA are fine but bombers need a tweak especially the JU88 and the Stuka.
    JU88 should have 8+2 bombs like the Belheim. The problem is always around the Ju88.
    B1 1000 kg bomb should require 2 hits against tanks.
    B2 need a nerf against other planes but more splash damage against infantry.
    Generel the bombers should have a lower speed to match the damage from the SAA/MAA.

what is the point of a 1000kg bomb if you give the tank enough time to fully repair between the reloads then.
    The tank can't fully repair unless it goes to an supply depot. Second bomb will kill it not matter how much it repairs.
    Lets not forget that unless the tank is already in a highly dangerous zone even the driver can come out and fix the tank in less than 30 sec. If he has a repair monkey even faster.
  • DingoKillr
    3422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    Imo SAA and MAA are fine but bombers need a tweak especially the JU88 and the Stuka.
    JU88 should have 8+2 bombs like the Belheim. The problem is always around the Ju88.
    Generel the bombers should have a lower speed to match the damage from the SAA/MAA.

what is the point of a 1000kg bomb if you give the tank enough time to fully repair between the reloads then.
    The tank can't fully repair unless it goes to an supply depot. Second bomb will kill it not matter how much it repairs.
    Lets not forget that unless the tank is already in a highly dangerous zone even the driver can come out and fix the tank in less than 30 sec. If he has a repair monkey even faster.
    I think that the issue if a tank needs 30s to be stationary to repair how long would it take for a bomber to reload and head back to the tank?

Could not the argument be made if a bomber could destroy tanks quickly then should not AA be just as effective against bombers to stop such frequent occurrence. Remember the huge differences in respawn times.
    That has always been the issue. If it is meant to be Fighter > bomber > AA > Fighter, I would think that AA against fighters might need a boost, if bombers are going to making more runs against targets.

I have to say I am glad others are seeing alterantives.

• PrecisionWing
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I think that the issue if a tank needs 30s to be stationary to repair how long would it take for a bomber to reload and head back to the tank?

Could not the argument be made if a bomber could destroy tanks quickly then should not AA be just as effective against bombers to stop such frequent occurrence. Remember the huge differences in respawn times.
    That has always been the issue. If it is meant to be Fighter > bomber > AA > Fighter, I would think that AA against fighters might need a boost, if bombers are going to making more runs against targets.

20s for bombers to reload, plus the time to fly to/from the resupply depot at the edge of the map, so it will be more than 30s.
  • Woodlbrad
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep complete garbage haven't gotten a kill on a plane with aa or shot down while flying since last update garbage tier.
  • DingoKillr
    3422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

20s for bombers to reload, plus the time to fly to/from the resupply depot at the edge of the map, so it will be more than 30s.
    Unless the tank has cover in the middle of nowhere it is not going to stop and start repairing straight away.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just realized that would be a great gamertag for BF: "Major Buff" :smiley:
  • PrecisionWing
    610 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imo AA is at a sweet spot, it has already got a major buff in Dec second patch, powerful enough in close range to shoot down planes coming at you, and reduced damage in longer range when planes are flying away from you. In addition, both SAA and MAA have crazy range. So after the back and forth balancing in the last patches, current setting is good enough
  • someguy12121
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ohhhh look another QQ thread from camper on MAA. Sorry move along and I do not support such players like you and gtfo here

I don't camp on AAs the entire game like some do. You try to help your planes out but in the process just keep getting blown up because your just shooting nerf darts at them.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There someting wrong with hitboxes on fighters, you can't hit them, especially the stuka.
    If you attack the stuka from top, you can see your bullet fly tru them.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't say a major buff, maybe 5-10% or so more damage on their explosive rounds.

I think an increase in bullet speed would be better, right now you almost have to be psychic to hit them.
    Give AA a close quater buff, a 5, 7 or 10m radius sphere where AA does 50-100% more damage. I
    dont understand why people fly 1 meter above you before they drop bombs and why dont their bombs kill them?
  • SirBobdk
    3858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Psycomad wrote: »

I think an increase in bullet speed would be better, right now you almost have to be psychic to hit them.
    Give AA a close quater buff, a 5, 7 or 10m radius sphere where AA does 50-100% more damage. I
    dont understand why people fly 1 meter above you before they drop bombs and why dont their bombs kill them?
    They almost do especially with the Stuka 1000 kg bomb. Died many times from being to close to the impact.
    I think it would be ok to buff the maa/saa at close range and a little more spread.
  • Fraggus69
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

MAA is just as bad, bomber can straight up ingore AA , because even if they fly right over them they cant be take down with in flight repairs...
  • LankRich
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree. I've been absolutely obliterated by AA guns countless times in one sweep. The range on them makes them especially difficult to fly away from and they can be repaired quickly if they get destroyed