Weekly Debrief

Where my Valentine Archer!?!

RexHalbert
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I completed the lightning strike challenge, it said the Valentine can be found in my shipments, but NOTHING is there! Give me my bloody reward please!!

Comments

• bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus, that assignment doesn't even work? That's two weeks in a row. Do they have monkeys working at DICE?
  • CosmicStriker
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i got mine they are really not great tanks.
  • NauticalTrackin
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got my valentine archer and its a pretty neat tank.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You must not be a tanker....this thing is a freaking beast. The main cannon does entirely too much damage as well as report the damage to the enemy as coming from behind him. I love tanks but this thing is a bit op. You can sit in the back and wreck enemy Tiger tanks and they can’t effectively shoot you back. By the time they calculate the insane drop on their round, you just move up or back and your right back at it.
  • larry_54235
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

You must not be a tanker....this thing is a freaking beast. The main cannon does entirely too much damage as well as report the damage to the enemy as coming from behind him. I love tanks but this thing is a bit op. You can sit in the back and wreck enemy Tiger tanks and they can’t effectively shoot you back. By the time they calculate the insane drop on their round, you just move up or back and your right back at it.

I think it's designed to be a long range killer. I didn't try it out yet.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That actually makes sense since the Archer is technically a self propelled anti-tank gun. BUT, the movement of the Archer should not be as easy or fluent as tanks. So if the gun is OP but the movement is sluggish, yay! If it is moving the same as other tanks with that OP gun, then the devs. missed the mark a bit I think.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »

That actually makes sense since the Archer is technically a self propelled anti-tank gun. BUT, the movement of the Archer should not be as easy or fluent as tanks. So if the gun is OP but the movement is sluggish, yay! If it is moving the same as other tanks with that OP gun, then the devs. missed the mark a bit I think.

Totally agree with this. It should be slower. I’ll be playing on panzerstorm on the German side in a Tiger and an archer will be halfway across the map wrecking me. I can’t shoot back effectively but if I actually manage to actually calculate the drop and get a hit. They just reposition quickly and start over...currently the German side has nothing to effectively counter it armor-wise....hence why I say it’s OP.
  • NauticalTrackin
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »

Totally agree with this. It should be slower. I’ll be playing on panzerstorm on the German side in a Tiger and an archer will be halfway across the map wrecking me. I can’t shoot back effectively but if I actually manage to actually calculate the drop and get a hit. They just reposition quickly and start over...currently the German side has nothing to effectively counter it armor-wise....hence why I say it’s OP.

I think the closest you’ll come to countering the Archer is with the StuG IV. It’s got a somewhat longer range on its gun compared to the other German tanks and with its AP shells you can easily reach over halfway across the map with minimal shell drop.