Weekly BF

Why is battlefield 1 so much better than battlefield v

«1
huginn123
33 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What's the deal I'm going battlefield 1 and hook up to serve immediately it would battlefield 5 it's ridiculous what's the difference what did EA and dice mess up

Comments

  • CosmicStriker
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    not sure about that the maps too longer to load in BF1 as compared to BFV
    also in BFV you can build, but to me they feel kind of about the same.
    they are both better than Hardline .
  • hangman960
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like Battlefield 1 more felt more epic,better pacing and better maps
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't stand BF1 coming from BF4. Slower pace, terrible weapon and vehicle selection (not anyone's fault, that was just the technology of the time), and borish maps. I feel BFV is much more playable than BF1. But there seems to be a bit of a split in the BFV community between BF1 players and BF4 coming over. But it sounds like no one really cared for Hardline, which is our common bond ;)
  • SixTouge
    233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    Couldn't stand BF1 coming from BF4. Slower pace, terrible weapon and vehicle selection (not anyone's fault, that was just the technology of the time), and borish maps. I feel BFV is much more playable than BF1. But there seems to be a bit of a split in the BFV community between BF1 players and BF4 coming over. But it sounds like no one really cared for Hardline, which is our common bond ;)

    It's interesting you have this take, because I can really relate to what you're saying here. I played BF4 quite a bit, but never really got and good at it. It felt too quick and chaotic, and I got to a point where I just felt I was enduring or just trying to survive more than actually playing the game. BF1 for me was incredible, I took to it early, found some decent success early on and the pacing allowed me to really improve.

    When I first played BFV, my earliest thought was "oh no, it's BF4 again, I'll never have positive K/D again". However, I feel the maps are better balanced, the gameplay is better and tighter, and as a result I am finding some success and having fun actually playing objectives, etc. To me, it really takes enough elements of both those games and some new tweaks and in my mind makes it the best BF that I've played.
  • sabersun
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me the slower pace in BF1 catered to my old age better :-) However I think that BFV ist so pretty from a visuals perspectives. My KD is definitely worse compared to BF1 though.

    I think players with a problem to spot enemies or react fast enough to enemy encounter will probably feel more comfortable in BF1. It would be more interesting for new players but less interesting for veterans. If you are not a 'natural' you will have to slow down even more to have a chance in BFV which is strange as BF1 has a overall slower gameplay. It can be confusing and difficult at times. I will stick with BFV for now to get muscle memory if that is even possible when you play once a week :-)
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 1: has much more going on, with elite kits, horses, much more stationary weapons, and better overall vehicle play. These were available at launch, they added more kits and vehicles but the CHAOS is there.

    BFV: Has no spotting which i think was a major immersion element in BF1, even though it was OP. The changes to attrition really changed the way the game plays. Vehicles having to resupply in designated areas, certain inventory items not being allowed to be regenerated with ammo pickups...all change how the game plays....i also believe the smaller squad sizes factor in to the less chaotic feel, you get more squad wipes in BFV than you did in BF1


    Add to that, the lack of weapon diversity for the classes, and the restructure of the weapons each class gets, and those are probably several of the main differences between the two games.


    BFV is still fun but very different from BF1, I really wish they would have focused on the main battles of WWII not the lesser know battles. The games needs the addition of more allied and axis player models and weapons ASAP and those battles we are familiar with....we don't need any more gun range additions lol
  • BaronVonGoon
    6868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Highly presumptive title if I ever seen one.

    BF1 is hot trash.
  • Mishkin37
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Highly presumptive title if I ever seen one.

    BF1 is hot trash.

    You watch your filthy mouth!

    Ha! JK! I enjoyed BF1 immensely, but it definitely now seems like a lite version of BFV - not in terms of content but in tactics and mechanics.

    BFV kind of feels like BF1 in Hardcore mode w/ a HUD but no friendly fire.

    I’m not sure which one feels more chaotic. I have to boot up BF1 again, but I’d rather be playing BFV.

    And I think it’s probably a good thing 3D spotting is gone; otherwise you wouldn’t have time to breathe without getting shot.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    And I think it’s probably a good thing 3D spotting is gone; otherwise you wouldn’t have time to breathe without getting shot.

    I think the Devs missed an opportunity to balance 3D spotting in BFV, as you know in BF1 spotting was OP as if you spotted someone everyone on your team could see the person you spotted. My hope was to have the Devs still include 3D spotting but only allow the spot to show for your 3 other squad mates. That means the max number of people who can see you is (4) compared to the 32 in BF1....I thought spotting was a useful way of communicating with you squad mates who you might not have a mic....It was also super easy to help your pilots spot ground troops....

    People are so very against spotting, and for me, it was the immersion element that i really liked.

    but i stray from topic that OP had....getting back on point....

    I really think the lack of Battlepacks, or something to earn for just playing the game, is really hurting the replay value of this title. I mean i have tried Apex Legends and am terrible at the game, but just by playing the game, i've unlocked that games equivalent of a battle-pack like (5) times....got some cool rewards, and the enticement to continue to play is with those battlepack rewards is the dangling carrot.

    It surprises me with the low lack of customization options, and rewards for just playing a match are just not there. In BF1 you would see your progress to your next battlepack at the end of each round....each battlepack had (3) items which were unique and expanded the reward for playing the game. Each weapon had multiple layers of unique skins, which if dismantled would give you scraps, those scraps in turn could buy battlepacks. In BFV we have company coin, which didn't have a great start as nobody was earning it, This company coin can be used to unlock weapon perks, and for a few weapon skins which are offered in the armory. There is no dual way of earning cool things in BFV like in BF1.

    IMO this is a major hindsight.....with me playing a few matches over the weekend and not getting put into a full server for the entire evening, makes me really worry about this games longevity.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    Couldn't stand BF1 coming from BF4. Slower pace, terrible weapon and vehicle selection (not anyone's fault, that was just the technology of the time), and borish maps. I feel BFV is much more playable than BF1. But there seems to be a bit of a split in the BFV community between BF1 players and BF4 coming over. But it sounds like no one really cared for Hardline, which is our common bond ;)

    It's interesting you have this take, because I can really relate to what you're saying here. I played BF4 quite a bit, but never really got and good at it. It felt too quick and chaotic, and I got to a point where I just felt I was enduring or just trying to survive more than actually playing the game. BF1 for me was incredible, I took to it early, found some decent success early on and the pacing allowed me to really improve.

    When I first played BFV, my earliest thought was "oh no, it's BF4 again, I'll never have positive K/D again". However, I feel the maps are better balanced, the gameplay is better and tighter, and as a result I am finding some success and having fun actually playing objectives, etc. To me, it really takes enough elements of both those games and some new tweaks and in my mind makes it the best BF that I've played.

    This is exactly my view.
  • diagoro
    1551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    huginn123 wrote: »
    What's the deal I'm going battlefield 1 and hook up to serve immediately it would battlefield 5 it's ridiculous what's the difference what did EA and dice mess up

    BF1 had 1 extra year of pre-release development, and is pretty optimized now. AND, was the first full release after the BF4 debacle(there were really long loading times at the beginning). It's become a masterpiece in many ways.

    BF5 on the other hand was released too soon and has had little optimization.

    That said, try getting a usb solid state drive. Really helps load times.
  • Mishkin37
    693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    mgood1845 wrote: »
    I really think the lack of Battlepacks, or something to earn for just playing the game, is really hurting the replay value of this title. I mean i have tried Apex Legends and am terrible at the game, but just by playing the game, i've unlocked that games equivalent of a battle-pack like (5) times....got some cool rewards, and the enticement to continue to play is with those battlepack rewards is the dangling carrot.

    There is definitely something to be said for that carrot. Was it BF3 or BF4 that unlocked something every time you leveled up until 50? Even though most of the stuff was junk, it still was exciting to get something each level.

    Heck, I used to enjoy prestiging in MW2 just so I could lock guns I already had and then unlock them again later. That's like your parents taking your toys away, and then giving them to you for your birthday!
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    huginn123 wrote: »
    What's the deal I'm going battlefield 1 and hook up to serve immediately it would battlefield 5 it's ridiculous what's the difference what did EA and dice mess up

    BF1 had 1 extra year of pre-release development, and is pretty optimized now. AND, was the first full release after the BF4 debacle(there were really long loading times at the beginning). It's become a masterpiece in many ways.

    BF5 on the other hand was released too soon and has had little optimization.

    That said, try getting a usb solid state drive. Really helps load times.

    I really liked BF1 from the get go and the forums were full to bursting of people slagging it off. Now, there’s a common theme of how great BF1 was, makes me chuckle.
    Just wait till BF6 comes out, it’ll be slaughtered to high heaven whilst people argue just how great BFV is. I love BFV by the way.
  • Anadunae
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are two very different games, despite being based around the two world wars. The mechanics in them set them apart.
  • duellingcarl
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 was built around fun as opposed to the battle royalish style that is BFV.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    Because....
    1. More immersive
    2. Better atmosphere
    3. Audio is accurate and amazing
    4. No Attrition
    5. Higher ttk
    6. Better netcode.
    7. Better and more fluid vaulting
    8. Better map designs by a country mile
    9.Game modes play better because of better Maps.
    10. Better working kill cam
    11. Much better Texture loading on Console
    12. Better vehicles
    13. More balanced and equally viable classes
    14. Cleaner graphical desighn
    15. BETTER VISIBILITY!!!!!!!
    16. NO SEIZURE INDUSING SPAWN SCREEN!!!!!!

    BFV- Better gunplay......when the net code is in your favor.
    Post edited by OldSkoolzFinest on
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention it had an extra year of development time.......
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I much prefer BFV to BF1
  • YouTwo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy BFV more than BF1 but that does not mean I did not enjoy BF1. V is just more intense and overall I enjoy the weapons and maps more. Its all just personal preference.
Sign In or Register to comment.