Weekly Debrief

Hair for my character

SantoMichael
12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I saw one player who had a female character with hair, I think axis side. I sent a msg asking how they got hair, but received no response.

Anyone know how I can get a head of hair for my characters?

Comments

• NauticalTrackin
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    There’s one head gear item that will give your character hair for the axis, I’m trying to remember which one it is. I’ll get on my Xbox in a little bit to find out for you, just got to finish my coffee first.

Edit: the headgear is called Retribution. I can’t remember how I got it, though I think I bought it in the armory.
  • SantoMichael
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There’s one head gear item that will give your character hair for the axis, I’m trying to remember which one it is. I’ll get on my Xbox in a little bit to find out for you, just got to finish my coffee first.

Edit: the headgear is called Retribution. I can’t remember how I got it, though I think I bought it in the armory.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. It's not in the armory now nor is it in the list of selectable head hear.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw one player who had a female character with hair, I think axis side. I sent a msg asking how they got hair, but received no response.

Exactly why is hair so scarce? Most of the characters, especially the women, look like patients in a sick ward instead of soldiers. If they are going to go to the length of having women on the frontlines is it a stretch to give hair to the characters?
  • larry_54235
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Hair club for men. Or women.
  • Anadunae
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll have to keep my eye out for it. It's not in the armory now nor is it in the list of selectable head hear.[/quote]

I remember all cosmetics in the promos including hair of some sort that isn't just a buzzcut. I get they were 'dialling down' on the options on offer but I don't see why that should include hair. Additionally, I think currently only Retribution offered hair and it was only available very early on, a pity i didn't get it myself.
  • MarcushFerroooah
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I do hope they'll be adding haircuts, I feel like it's missing. In war you use a helmet but it'd be grand if you could have some sort of hair underneath. That or some stubble. It'd still be according to the regulations. So far I know the only ones who needed to be shaven were the fresh recruits.

Suggestion: Add hair slot. You'd still need to have a helmet, so forth but you'd be able to see that there's hair underneath.

There's enough pictures of the war which show people who lost their helmet and had to fight on without, for the time being.

Like the French in the Patriot. "I'd rather die well-dressed.".

• Oneeyedramb0
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing says WWII immersion like Barbi mode. Can’t wait...
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP i understand what you want, and I get it....but wouldn't you rather have more maps to play on and more guns, gadgets and vehicles?

It's a video game IDC if there are female characters, but this is a battlefield title, not Destiny where you can customize every aspect of your character. IMO i only care about what I can see in game, like my gun, i loved my BF1 Farquar Hill because it had insane detail, of emeralds in the stock and I could see it in game...so crazy....

IMO if you are only going to see your character's hair at the menu screens or in the armory then I'd much rather the devs dedicate the resources and time to new adding new maps, factions, weapons and fixing bugs
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Personally, I'm reasoning out all the buzz cuts by deciding they're all new recruits. Perpetually new recruits with the same names over and over and over again. Part of me agrees & would like to see some variation with hair & headwear for characters.

Equally, I'd happily have zero aesthetic customisation for characters and weapon skins. It's there so I tinker with it but if it wasn't there, I wouldn't miss it. I'd rather have playable content that impacts in-game experience like new maps & vehicles & so on. That said, maybe aesthetic customisations take so little time to make/implement that it doesn't pull Dice resources from other tasks. I've no idea.