This game is a sinking ship. The deluxe content is utterly embarrassing.

Comments

• WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Nice way to foreshadow your eventual purchase.

Sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely 0 time for another EA game. This game will most likely not be purchased at all until it is free on PS Plus. I have way too much going on. Plus I already have three EA games. I literally have no interest in Anthem whatsoever but thanks.

See you when Anthem comes out.

How's Anthem going bud?

Also, are you guys still defending BFV and hoping it will some day be home to miraculous amounts of content? Cuz EA is awesome and stuff!

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed 🤷‍♂️
    You don’t have much of an argument against EA when it comes to Apex, do ya?

Btw, BFV is still the best FPS on the market. You know...opinions and all

Although apex plays well it doesn't have much content does it bud?
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    You call it a sinking ship, but others say it is still standing tall.
    ===

Standing-tall.jpg

:smiley:

I pray you are joking. That is a real ship called the RP Flip. TLDR: BFV is a real sinking ship.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetIaM wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Anthem is sure lighting the fires up lol. Looks like another unfinished game is finding its way into consumer's hands. Enough is enough at some point. EA literally does not even bother to have a semblance of finished games anymore. This is not okay really.

Nice way to foreshadow your eventual purchase.

Sorry to tell you this but I have absolutely 0 time for another EA game. This game will most likely not be purchased at all until it is free on PS Plus. I have way too much going on. Plus I already have three EA games. I literally have no interest in Anthem whatsoever but thanks.

See you when Anthem comes out.

How's Anthem going bud?

Also, are you guys still defending BFV and hoping it will some day be home to miraculous amounts of content? Cuz EA is awesome and stuff!

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed 🤷‍♂️
    You don’t have much of an argument against EA when it comes to Apex, do ya?

Btw, BFV is still the best FPS on the market. You know...opinions and all

Although apex plays well it doesn't have much content does it bud?

No it doesn’t, but then again, it was free. My comment was directed at all the folks on this forum that seem to believe that EA was going to go out of business because of bfv.

I think the EA hate train is funny. It’s like some sort of bad experiment in group think.
  • mrtwotimes
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No problem, I did not
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aulkhs/i_know_dan_leftbut_anyone_made_a_follow_up_on_this/eh9i6tv/
    I think DICE needs to understand that the BFV negativity is not typical toxic internet outrage, its a direct response to a dedicated fanbase being used by a developer to prop up a lacking game. The fanbase isn't stupid, and DICE should really consider changing course as soon as possible.

Wise words spoken.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We are literally waiting to throw money at them for Factions, maps, vehicles etc.... but they STILL haven't released that stuff.

I guess you'd have to have a substantial starting package of content to justify spending more for DLC... so there in lies the first problem haha.

I love the core game as a whole, I really do, I just can't believe how poorly the release went, and the lack of communication (especially on this forum) has been).

Whoever is in charge of that needs to be given a good spanky spank. Naughty boi.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetIaM wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    You call it a sinking ship, but others say it is still standing tall.
    ===

Standing-tall.jpg

:smiley:

I pray you are joking. That is a real ship called the RP Flip. TLDR: BFV is a real sinking ship.

Don't you see the irony? Some look at that thing and think it is a sinking ship, but it's really not at all. Some look at BF and call it a sinking ship, when it is really not at all. I thought you would appreciate the analogy. Apparently it was lost on you. I apologize.
  • ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can see apex being the premier game in the ea fold and the battlefield franchise taking a back seat.

Watch this space!
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

I guess it'll depend on how frequently they add new heroes, weapons, and maps.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Okay, so per one of my last posts, I finally played the heck out of Apex Legends. I won't touch Anthem probably ever even when free, so this is about all my EA soul can justify.

It's a cool game for sure. Won a couple times, teamed up with some people, met some new people. It doesn't help that PS does NOT track the friggin' players you meet. I thought that was the whole point of the mechanism, but it never works on most games.

Anyway, compared to BFV I find obviously different issues with Apex. It's a new game though, so we'll see how it evolves.

Right now obviously, you are stuck on one map. It's a LARGE map for sure, but it's still only one map. I can kind of see where BFV might be going with BR, but I fail to see how BFV is going to be any fun. The whole point of Apex is that you have very different characters that help each other out. I wouldn't exactly be able to just throw any BFV class in there and call it a day. Their BR map also had better be pretty cool as Apex set the bar there. No question their map is amazing. One map of course.

But after awhile playing alone it already started to dawn on me. These games are here to waste our time. Playing with two other randoms rarely results in coordination.

So the gameplay loop started becoming: search around for 6-8 minutes, and then go die in one firefight at the end. 2ND PLACE OMG!

Not really. I can see why kids are addicted to these games, but you need A LOT of free time to justify games like this.

Me? I would rather go back and start playing and completing the wide variety of amazing single player games I have. I will touch into the sphere of BR and MP, but I can't justify my time with games like these at the very least until they are polished and bug free, which Apex is most certainly not.

TTK in Apex is also ABSURDLY high lol. I mean jesus. That I was not expecting, and after some time playing with randoms it just gets to the point I would rather not boot up the game unless someone I know is playing. Those games have a very small point of entry for people like me.

Of course you already see people with loads of kills in the game. It's insane to think some streamer **** has 10K kills in the game. I can't even imagine how you justify life anymore playing these games 24/7. Dear god people need to get out of the house. Stream from your backyard at least. That's all I came away with after playing Apex for a day. It was mostly pleasant with friends, but in no way could I justify sticking with such a time waster. Overall: Fun but Pointless.

And that IS okay. I don't have an issue with it, except to say I think these types of games are making kids unable to process important things in life. Even as a kid gamer I never was addicted to a game like this, and I am not sure these games teach kids anything really but to quit immediately when you have bad teammates. BFV is much the same to me except the fun part is lacking due to the business model. In fact in BFV was the great WW2 game everyone wanted there is no way in heck I would ever trade it for something like Apex Legends.

Do I really want to boot up and play a gameplay loop again and again that consists of me collecting stuff for 8 minutes and then engaging in one firefight where mostly the people with the best armor win? Not really.

It's definitely better with an organized squad. There's LFG websites to help you find other team oriented players if you don't have any friends online.

I've only played 10 rounds of Apex so far, but we won 5 of those games and placed in the top 3 in 8 of them.

The game has the same problem that every other BR game I've tried has had for me. It's really repetitive and doesn't seem like something that will have much longevity for me.

Still, I'm having more fun with it than BFV right now, but that could of course be because I just started. Like I said, I question its longevity for me.

Yeah, I had some fun with it too. I sure as heck didn't win 5/10 times lol even when I teamed up with one other person. You literally need all three people knowing what to do.

And I agree. I put some very decent hours into BFV before I realized things were starting to look like it just wasn't coming together. I mean BFV still has best in class controls. I really hate how you can barely tune anything in COD and other games like Apex. It just puts me off when I can't tune controls properly. BF is still king there.

But I too doubt just how much Apex can stick around when others start to compete. I think it has a good chance if they do things right. But again: 6-8 minutes of jumping around the same map looking for randomized gear. 1-2 firefights three at most. You see all kinds of zero kill champions. I am just not sure something like that is worth more than 20 hours for me.

My win rate has dropped a little since then.

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

So after yesterday, I'm at 7 wins out of 17 games.
  • Khronikos
    2146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

My brother and I were playing together yesterday. We didn't have a friend available to fill the 3rd slot, so we just played with randoms.

It was a pretty terrible experience. Every random player we got over 4 games were literally the worst of the worst when it comes to skill. We would have been better off not having them at all. It really was that bad.

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Weapon balance is trash imo.

• BaronVonGoon
    6955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    I think the Battlefield franchise is the only reason I've been on console for the last 5 years. This game being so crappy on console made me realize I have no use for console. Sold it today. Going to get a PC. Atleast the netcode and frames will be better on PC.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the Battlefield franchise is the only reason I've been on console for the last 5 years. This game being so crappy on console made me realize I have no use for console. Sold it today. Going to get a PC. Atleast the netcode and frames will be better on PC.

Depends on which version of an XBox you have. The game is so much better on the X over the S.

• BaronVonGoon
    6955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

Should use the Xim on PC and start fueding with the PC folks here. Lol

Depends on which version of an XBox you have. The game is so much better on the X over the S.

It's the X. But it's still locked at 30 fps. After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

It's the X. But it's still locked at 30 fps. After testing PC fps I don't think I can ever go back to console.

Based on DF it's at 60. It doesn't stay constant but the target is 60.

• trip1ex
    4957 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Ha yeah. I only played about 3 games yesterday. We did once make it to the last two groups. One of my randoms was good. The other doucher went off and died to the only two remaining dudes before we even had a chance to get set up. We were totally fine, but he basically threw the match in their favor.

Honestly, I feel the game is nearly unplayable without a full squad, or rather, you are just wasting time without two others. I have no idea how people find 8 minutes of mostly mediocre looting and then one major firefight maybe two is a game worth your time but whatever.

I do have friends that play, but right now I just want to see patches with the game. It needs to be ironed out and dear god I hope the TTK is at least looked at with netcode. It seems all over the place with certain weapons.

Weapon balance is trash imo.

Not a BR fan but all I've been playing is Apex the past few weeks. IT's everything i wanted BF to be. Well thought out, well executed, and fun to play.

If you join solo you get matched up with other solos so the bad squadmate thing isn't as bad as it seems. Others have the same luck or lack of luck in getting squadmates. Often I find you can do better joining solos because of this.

You don't have to spend 8 minutes looting. You control how much time you spend on looting. You can choose to literally fight in the first seconds by landing in hotspots. You can choose to land close to hotspots and loot for 1 minute and then go join the fight at the hotspot. Or you can loot for 8+ minutes and then go find someone.

I'm finding the sweetspot for me to be loot a bit and then get into action. I don't like looting for a long time every round only to die quick.

Really well done game.
  • BaronVonGoon

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

It does run at 60 fps for single player but multiplayer is 30 fps unfortunately, like walking in mud.
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a new ship built With every sunken ship. That is better then the sunken one.
    JUST SAYING
  • DarkestHour138

Champion, one less KB&M!

Enjoy.......

It does run at 60 fps for single player but multiplayer is 30 fps unfortunately, like walking in mud.

Go to the 3:49 mark, that's MP they're testing and it's at 60.
This discussion has been closed.