Weekly BF

Anti-tank mines

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetIaM wrote: »
    jahgraha wrote: »
    So what is the merit, and gameplay advantage, of destroying a tank (or a plane) with a tank mine that just randomly crosses one's path?

LMAO this has to be a joke. The merit is that you placed a select number of mines that you knew someone would later runover destroying the vehicle. It means you denied the enemy teams vehicle access to an area and slowed them down. The mine didn't "randomly cross one's path", someone smarter than you put it there and you ran it over because you weren't paying attention to the road. That is area denial warfare 101.

OP first post was a bait. Watch the video he posted later above. The scenario was someone putting mines on the runway where planes spawn.

So yeah, you walked into that with your loud mouth.
  • DukeSan27
    1191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok so if they are placed one foot ahead of where the plane appears, automatically accelerates before taking off and cannot be avoided, I should have spawned there first, see if someone put a tank mine there, then redeploy, wait for the next airplane and hope no one put a mine there, otherwise it's my fault, right?
    You are part of a team, is there something preventing you from asking your team to check the runway at G and clear any mines there? No? Well then.

Come on bro, I know you’re more reasonable than that, it’s a team game but we’re not all connected on comms, and console players can’t type in the chat box. Not only are there preventions, it’s compeltely unreasonable.

Oh boo hoo, somebody's airplane got blown up, the horror, the horror. When my squad takes G on Hamada one of the first things I do is make sure there are no enemy mines on the runway, the same way I destroy enemy mines wherever I see them, the same way I repair friendly tanks or rebuild supply stations etc., all things I do because I'm trying to help my team win. If the folks on your team aren't doing that, that's a shame, but it doesn't mean DICE needs to change the game to accommodate a lack of teamwork. There are Medics who don't revive and Supports who don't drop ammo, doesn't mean we need auto-revive and infinite ammo.

Consoles, man, where this game began going wrong was when consoles collectively became the dominant platform, they've been dumbing down BF ever since.

Thankfully DICE does not share your opinion on this being expected even from seasoned players.

What would someone do if your squad is far away or no one from the team is even near the spawn spot? Wait endlessly? Its plain ridiculous, and you probably know that. This is a game after all.

As DICE fixed spawn mining on BF1, they will eventually come around and fix this also. Might take another year though, given the current state of the game...
  • mrtwotimes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So what is the merit, and gameplay advantage, of destroying a tank (or a plane) with a tank mine that just randomly crosses one's path?

I thought it was extremely obvious. Stop forward progress of vehicles and limit access to areas.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Ok so if they are placed one foot ahead of where the plane appears, automatically accelerates before taking off and cannot be avoided, I should have spawned there first, see if someone put a tank mine there, then redeploy, wait for the next airplane and hope no one put a mine there, otherwise it's my fault, right?
    You are part of a team, is there something preventing you from asking your team to check the runway at G and clear any mines there? No? Well then.

Come on bro, I know you’re more reasonable than that, it’s a team game but we’re not all connected on comms, and console players can’t type in the chat box. Not only are there preventions, it’s compeltely unreasonable.

What are you on about? It’s a highly skilled maneuver.

We need more such mechanisms in Battlefield.

He was asking us to get our team to check for mines on the runway at G on Hamada before we spawn in, I was simply saying that’s asking a little too much considering we aren’t all on comms and console players can’t type in the chat box like PC players.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

LMAO this has to be a joke. The merit is that you placed a select number of mines that you knew someone would later runover destroying the vehicle. It means you denied the enemy teams vehicle access to an area and slowed them down. The mine didn't "randomly cross one's path", someone smarter than you put it there and you ran it over because you weren't paying attention to the road. That is area denial warfare 101.

OP first post was a bait. Watch the video he posted later above. The scenario was someone putting mines on the runway where planes spawn.

So yeah, you walked into that with your loud mouth.

No loud mouth here. He complained about mines blowing up tanks and planes. I responded to his complaint about mines blowing up tanks. I think a plane getting blown up by a mine is hilarious.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now that I have seen the video, and now that I know that airstrip can be mined without being out of bounds, I will mine it every time I play Hamada (left side of FLAG G). If I was Squad Leader for this forum, I would mark the objective. "Beep-biddy-Beep-Beep!"
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Oh boo hoo, somebody's airplane got blown up, the horror, the horror. When my squad takes G on Hamada one of the first things I do is make sure there are no enemy mines on the runway, the same way I destroy enemy mines wherever I see them, the same way I repair friendly tanks or rebuild supply stations etc., all things I do because I'm trying to help my team win. If the folks on your team aren't doing that, that's a shame, but it doesn't mean DICE needs to change the game to accommodate a lack of teamwork. There are Medics who don't revive and Supports who don't drop ammo, doesn't mean we need auto-revive and infinite ammo.

Consoles, man, where this game began going wrong was when consoles collectively became the dominant platform, they've been dumbing down BF ever since.

What’s the immature boo boo remark for? I was simply pointing out the most teams aren’t all linked on comms, neither will squad mates who are typically want to spawn in on G just to run to the runway and check for mines for you, and console players don’t have chat box options. I am sorry but not even 0.0001% of players are going to do this, nor are they going to check the runway like you do ‘every time’ you capture G, they’re going to run straight to F, or E.

I was simply pointing out that your response, as in proposed solution to the problem, really isn’t a suitable one. You can respond with further immature remarks if you please, but it won’t change that fact regardless how much I agree with you that this should be a team game (yes it should be a team game) or whether you should be able to mine the runway (yes I think you probably should be able to).

The OP IIRC was about planes dropping mines being bugged, not only is it arguably bugged but it’s also spammy, and leads to problems with gameplay. Imagine if planes could litter objectives with multiple AP mines, again, and again, sure they can be cleared, sure with teamwork you can shoot planes down (but still this argument can hold for virtually anything in the game, and therefore it is not a be all and end all argument... Two VBs with RP-3s and some teamwork could still one strafe kill the broken and bugged Flakpanzer... That doesn’t mean it didn’t need tweaking). The argument never ends with the concept of teamwork, despite this being your lazy fallback argument time and time again.
    Given the recent buffs to tanks you were quite evidently as wrong then about teamwork as you are wrong about it now. You play the game with a niche playstyle, however noble and righteous it may be, yet why you feel the need to dictate this on the majority as the only suitable solution is frankly beyond me.
  • DukeSan27

He was asking us to get our team to check for mines on the runway at G on Hamada before we spawn in, I was simply saying that’s asking a little too much considering we aren’t all on comms and console players can’t type in the chat box like PC players.

Hey, that was just sarcasm.

• wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What is the merit of using anything to destroy anything? Probably the fact that it's the entire point of the game.

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
  • WinterWarhurst

Sorry bro my bad, the bar for bad ideas had been set so low I was in slow mode 😂
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thread: Not really about AT Mines so much as it was about planes on one specific area of one specific map. One where OP starts with owning all the maps and the skies from the start.
    Thread title should be changed to "Planes (On Hamada)"
  • ackers75
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How dare people lay mines down and force me to drive over them!

Is it really getting down to silliness like this.

Shall we nerf buff or maybe boff
  • MBT_Layzan
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My problem with mines are the ones from planes. They don't show up red when spotted, they can be littered over vehicle spawn areas at the home base giving zero chance for the spawned vehicle. They also grant no points for their destruction.
  • DukeSan27

Sorry bro my bad, the bar for bad ideas had been set so low I was in slow mode 😂

No issues. Sometimes I feel sarcasm is the best way to deal with these kind of issues, else I will go crazy making the counter-arguments.
  • Astr0damus
    edited February 26
    YESSS!
    I just blew up my first plane at Flag G on Hamada thanks to OP and this thread!
    Thank you so much for showing this to the whole AT Mine-loving community!
    (All's fair in love and war)
    I will be uploading a "How To" step-by-step video for everyone to learn (Why am I just finding this out?) Should I start a new thread with a more descriptive title? The current title just says "AT Mines" .. I think it should say "How to enrage pilots 101 (Video)"
    Post edited by Astr0damus on
  • xeNizKing
    496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

The point of them is to be area denial.

However I do understand the frustration when people place mines randomly and get a kill. It just doesn't feel like they earned that kill.

Oh well, it doesn't happen that often for me to be that annoyed.

eh if they get the kill on me fine I dont care about that. One thing I hate though is the visibility of them on the glitchy **** ground, in other BF titles if you were observant you could notice them but here they seemingly disappear into 1mm of dirt and become invisible and then "boom" and you're like "what the f--" you look around your tank you cant see them. You repair and move forward some more, 3 seconds later "boom". Player visibility isn't the only problem this game has, tool visibility is apparently another their counter is that they are supposed to be noticable but as of right now 70% of the time you either cant see them or they've glitched into the ground.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    YESSS!
    I just blew up my first plane at Flag G on Hamada thanks to OP and this thread!
    Thank you so much for showing this to the whole AT Mine-loving community!
    (All's fair in love and war)

Other dirty tactics are to throw mines in front of light vehicles on their give me flags
  • Astr0damus
    Teaser pic for my new release coming out on video everywhere... (Rated R for Extreme RAGE)
    Enrage-pilots-teaser-pic.png
    (Check for new thread in about 10-15 minutes).
  • Astr0damus
    Link to video (I can't create new threads for a couple more days)
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1486159/#Comment_1486159
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    I think mines in totally random places are worse than those on obvious roads. Trying to spot plane mines in grass is not easy.

Yeah people sometimes spam mines in the swamp on Twisted Steel, they’re impossible to see. Hard not to rage when that happens.

if you know this then why go in the swamp?

In BF4 when the night mode launched DICE actually put blinking red lights on AT mines, seriously. It made no difference, oblivious tankers still drove over the mines, died, and then came to the BF4 Forum to complain about how unfair and no-skill and noobish AT mines are. It will never change.