Bored Already - Does BFV have a long term future?

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Nope not while assault remains overpowered they have no weaknesses ppl arent going to stick around for assaultfield 5 its a complete train wreck when it comes to balance. Dice will be shut down along with bioware ppl arent going to keep buying this half finished garbage.

I don't think the problem is that assault is so good, it's that 2/3 of the other classes are pretty lacking in ability. There needs to be all-kit weapons, like DMR's and shotguns were in the past. Also, recon needs something other than a beacon (useless because recon is not a great squad player usually) and 1x flare which always gets shot down, and is nothing compared to TUGS and MAV. Dynamite maybe, as they had C4 in the past? With medic, the problem is they split assault into medic and assault and didn't really flesh out medic, other than "here's the medkit good luck". With support, they took mortar away (I'm kind meh about mortar anyhow), but gave them all the engineer abilities also, so they're in a pretty good spot. They tried to keep the roles realistic to the war I suppose, but it didn't work out too well. With that said, I find it much easier to top the charts as support and recon compared to assault, because with assault I'm going after vehicles which is always a risky proposition.

Don't go after vehicles unless you have to and just raepe everyone one at long to medium range with your 3x scope rifle. It's not hard. You can easily crack top 5 every game with Assault class. Playing medic and getting there is MUCH MUCH harder.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1343 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My enthusiasm to play over the last week has waned a little bit. I think because of lack of content, I don't like the new Grand Operation and I was rank 40 about 2 weeks ago. I'm not really excited about Firestorm BR either sadly
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My enthusiasm to play over the last week has waned a little bit. I think because of lack of content, I don't like the new Grand Operation and I was rank 40 about 2 weeks ago. I'm not really excited about Firestorm BR either sadly

Exactly... Battle Royal was never going to save them and they should not have planned on it.

A larger release like the US and Japan in the Pacific Theater or something of that nature would have definitely excited the masses.

Sadly they had a gameplan to follow the war story semi realistically so they have CRIPPLED themselves with bad pacing... they've gotta start releasing good content before ppl just stop playing and recommending this game to their friends.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope not while assault remains overpowered they have no weaknesses ppl arent going to stick around for assaultfield 5 its a complete train wreck when it comes to balance. Dice will be shut down along with bioware ppl arent going to keep buying this half finished garbage.

I don't think the problem is that assault is so good, it's that 2/3 of the other classes are pretty lacking in ability. There needs to be all-kit weapons, like DMR's and shotguns were in the past. Also, recon needs something other than a beacon (useless because recon is not a great squad player usually) and 1x flare which always gets shot down, and is nothing compared to TUGS and MAV. Dynamite maybe, as they had C4 in the past? With medic, the problem is they split assault into medic and assault and didn't really flesh out medic, other than "here's the medkit good luck". With support, they took mortar away (I'm kind meh about mortar anyhow), but gave them all the engineer abilities also, so they're in a pretty good spot. They tried to keep the roles realistic to the war I suppose, but it didn't work out too well. With that said, I find it much easier to top the charts as support and recon compared to assault, because with assault I'm going after vehicles which is always a risky proposition.

Don't go after vehicles unless you have to and just raepe everyone one at long to medium range with your 3x scope rifle. It's not hard. You can easily crack top 5 every game with Assault class. Playing medic and getting there is MUCH MUCH harder.

I've found the complete opposite.
    Yea my KD is generally better playing assault but score wise I've found medic far easier to accumulate points with.

Do I go 32-10 with medic? Occasionally when the stars align but rarely. Points however is a different story and definitely more satisfying IMO.

Obviously one has to perform core duties as a medic but I've found it substantially easier to top 5 using this class.
  • xXThePhantomX1x
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I played BF4 for staggering 2700 hours. BF1 got 767 hours, and with BFV I'm sitting at 155 hours, and I'm really bored with it. Past 4 days I've played two rounds. Less than an hour. Battlefield has just lost the magic it once had. Just another generic shooter.

It's sad and repetitive. Why are we revisiting the same maps over and over again when the game modes sorta feels the same. It's that feeling but I believe it will improve.. Slowly at a time.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    QwarHimos wrote: »

Yea my KD is generally better playing assault but score wise I've found medic far easier to accumulate points with.

Do I go 32-10 with medic? Occasionally when the stars align but rarely. Points however is a different story and definitely more satisfying IMO.

Obviously one has to perform core duties as a medic but I've found it substantially easier to top 5 using this class.

Medic is probably the best class when it comes to score. You get a lot of points just by reviving, healing, and resupplying bandages.

But kills still matter, so being ineffective at killing is a turn off for most players. Assault is easy mode for most players. I pretty consistently score 60+ kills as assault in Domination. I find the Ribeyrolles so insanely easy to rack up a bunch of kills with. Or the G43 for an any range weapon. In Conquest it's usually at least 40. Every time I've picked up medic, I play it for a few minutes and end up switching because it just feels so bad to not be able to properly defend yourself unless you're near point blank with the enemy. And even then, support and assault both have better close range weapons too.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    Dynamyte71 wrote: »
    WetIaM wrote: »
    One thing that still baffles me, who decided to cap the ranks at 50? A good player can attain that rank in 1-2 days of play time.
    How are other people feeling about the game at this point a few months after launch?

I don’t get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over the level cap.
    Dice/EA obviously thought that it was easier to attract new players this way.
    Plus right now all were doing his basically rerolling the same lvl 50 experience to get to the company coins rather than an incremental increase with each level increase. It actually pays better dividends than some arbitrary level number.

ehh its because people need direction.....a point to charge at....a reason to push. People don't play for "fun" anymore like some of us at least not generally - if they don't have a goal to obtain they get super bored and lets face it the assignments especially the sniper assignments and any that are " x amount in 1 life <Insert condition here>" are utterly tragic forms of meaningful progression for people.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's so boring and annoying atm that I'm playing apex and I'm not a fan of BR games. I cant stand to play this game longer than 10 minutes anymore
  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the game is quite good. It's a wee bit unpolished in places, but all in all it's a very good game. Call me crazy. Panzerstorm has really made up a lot of fun BF moments for me. It's a redeeming map that was very much needed.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bloodprizm wrote: »
    I think the game is quite good. It's a wee bit unpolished in places, but all in all it's a very good game. Call me crazy. Panzerstorm has really made up a lot of fun BF moments for me. It's a redeeming map that was very much needed.

Yasss Finally another lover of panzerstorm! Its by far my favourite map and far closer to what battlefield conquest actually is (Its okay on Grand Operations but needs a few tweaks especially airborne those 6 pounders with no vehicles around so the defenders can just infantry farm is just silly.
  • QwarHimos
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Medic is probably the best class when it comes to score. You get a lot of points just by reviving, healing, and resupplying bandages.

But kills still matter, so being ineffective at killing is a turn off for most players. Assault is easy mode for most players. I pretty consistently score 60+ kills as assault in Domination. I find the Ribeyrolles so insanely easy to rack up a bunch of kills with. Or the G43 for an any range weapon. In Conquest it's usually at least 40. Every time I've picked up medic, I play it for a few minutes and end up switching because it just feels so bad to not be able to properly defend yourself unless you're near point blank with the enemy. And even then, support and assault both have better close range weapons too.

I can't disagree with the lack of punitive ability as a medic with the exception being the suomi or Thompson/ZK in CQB, and even the sten/mp40 in certain scenarios.

It is offset however by having the means to screen pushes with smoke and revive the pointy end of the stick I.e. your teams assaults and support guys.

60+ kills? Damn mate... Wanna squad up? Lol
  • QwarHimos
    Yikes...
    Post gobbled up by the edit monster lol.

@Sixclicks hopefully it will appear soon o:)
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    No, this game has no future at all. In fact, the Battlefield franchise itself may not have a future. Almost all of the real creators of Battlefield are gone from DICE, they left for other studios or formed their own new studio called Fall Damage. This is what's left, and the new people are considerably atrocious in comparison.
  • Pelliy
    2087 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Medic is better now with the zk 383. I bought that thing yesterday. Have you tried it? It's a beast at mid range
  • ackers75
    2222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe it’s still got a future but with a much smaller player base.
    The game is no longer AAA quality and the franchise rather than advancing and getting better it’s actually going backwards!
  • GTPiotr
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So why you forcing yourself to play it? Bored, frustrated by lack of content, bugs? Leave it. There are a lot games on market. Non logical thread.

Im enjoying this game. I have some issues, so what. Just having fun. Its just a game.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After having a couple weeks break, it seemed fun last night but within 2 rounds the servers were dead (it was really late though) and earlier today i played a couple rounds with a few mates and it wasn't much fun.
    There was a guy shooting people behind cover so that didn't help. I have noticed some guys i used to play BF3 with have started playing BFV now. That might get me back into it a little.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

Medic is better now with the zk 383. I bought that thing yesterday. Have you tried it? It's a beast at mid range

I have not tried it yet, but that's what I've been hearing about it since it came out. I'm on a temporary break from the game though.
  • Paintpro_12
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they honestly just stop after march and actually finish the roadmap they first promoted they could be liable by class action lawsuit. I honestly feel like they had it planned all along to never finish the whole war.. if that’s the case I can guarantee the little left playing will never buy another game from them...