Weekly Debrief

Whats this balance though?

ashleyandnicole
32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Is it really just me or is it that in every match you either overwhelmingly win or overwhelmingly just get smashed! Never ever! A even fight in my games

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No in-game or after round balancer in the game yet. Even when it was in previous titles it didn't work all that great. That's one of the down sides of having a server browser, anybody can join the server.

Best you can do is join/create a good squad and hope the rest of the team aren't terrible.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At first, I was having matches that were very competitive with a lot of them coming down to the wire, so to speak. Mostly in Breakthrough and Conquest. I even commented as much on another post since I was reeally enjoying the hard fights for the win. But recently, I have to admit that matches are a lot more one sided. I think there are a few variables that contribute to this change from the first month or so, but it does seem like one sided matches are more and more common.
  • ashleyandnicole
    In the whole time the game came out I’ve had good battles in the game about 3 times...BF4 wasn’t like that neither was BF1, don’t get me wrong it’s cool once in a while but every match? I just end up turning it after about five minutes now because I know what’s coming and I’m right all the time, sick of it now
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same experience as Flag did, competitive at first and now it's usually a steam roll in one direction or the other.

BF1 started out good and then it got lopsided. If I remember correctly when BF1 launched it used global skill to balance but then after a couple patches it started balancing off of recent stats (ie. instead of using your overall SPM it would use your SPM from the past 20 matches), that's when it went downhill.

I think they tried to stay competitive in this game with the quick caps late in the round, and it did work, but they rebalanced it and it's not capping nearly as fast.

They need to figure something out.
  • SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think the whole switch sides dynamic missing is really hurting this. Not just that you can't opt to switch sides, but I notice the lobby never moves me to another side in effort to balance the game. Nevermind for skill level, but even just for sheer numbers, one team could be 5-6 players short handed and it won't move people from the other side.

I've definitely had some close ones recently, a 4-0 win in Conquest the other day comes to mind. Overall the match making does seem to mostly just fill the lobby with bodies, with little attention to skill or evening numbers on each side.
  • FishingAddict24
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the switching sides thing is how do you get people to not do it just because they don't want to lose? Do you make it where you can only switch sides with a certain amount of tickets left?
  • ashleyandnicole
    Not even playing it anymore, enough Is enough it’s problem after problem bug after bug it doesn’t let me jump over walls correctly, **** them.
  • sabersun
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can also be a problem with the player base. In the beginning you had many full squads. Now there are 12 squads in a 32 player game and they have one or two players in each squad. Maybe too many who know how to play moved out? Maybe we need to train the lone wolves? :-)
  • Mishkin37
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Apex is doing some damage on the player base.
  • SixTouge
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with the switching sides thing is how do you get people to not do it just because they don't want to lose? Do you make it where you can only switch sides with a certain amount of tickets left?

I'd like to think only a small minority of players actually did that in BF1, and in all my time playing it never felt like a team completely jumped ship when they were losing. If the game is full or nearly full, you'd likely only have space for just one or two people to do that anyway.

The bigger point was just that the match maker doesn't seem to switch people from one team to another in the interest of balance, so it appears that mechanic is completely absent from the game, but I could be wrong.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    It can also be a problem with the player base. In the beginning you had many full squads. Now there are 12 squads in a 32 player game and they have one or two players in each squad. Maybe too many who know how to play moved out? Maybe we need to train the lone wolves? :-)

This right here ^^ I agree with this.

It seems to me that very few people don't look at their team's set-up overall anymore. If you're in a 2 man squad, look at the squad situation and shore up to have full squads as best you can. Another thing I've noticed with this BF is that many players now have a very narrow definition of what PTFO actually entails. I'm having too many rounds where PTFO for the majority just means pouring into the objective area like lambs to the slaughter and then they gripe about losing or turn to the blame game - snipers are at fault, tanks are at fault, planes are at fault, this weapon is at fault, this map is at fault etc. etc. The game has many faults for sure and there are things I absolutely loathe about it, but at the same time … sometimes … the playerbase is at fault.

I've been playing battlefield games since 2005 (ish) and with each and every one of them there has been a learning curve of some sort. BFV arguably has the steepest learning curve of any that I've played. Heck it's the first I've had to go watch plenty of videos online to actually grasp some of the changes made to this one. It's not my favourite BF but it's certainly not a piece of s**t either. It's a decent game that takes thought and time to learn to how to play effectively and contribute to the team. Apologies for my mini rant here - I'm just venting a little. :p
  • TectonicGuns
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same experience as Flag did, competitive at first and now it's usually a steam roll in one direction or the other.

BF1 started out good and then it got lopsided. If I remember correctly when BF1 launched it used global skill to balance but then after a couple patches it started balancing off of recent stats (ie. instead of using your overall SPM it would use your SPM from the past 20 matches), that's when it went downhill.

I think they tried to stay competitive in this game with the quick caps late in the round, and it did work, but they rebalanced it and it's not capping nearly as fast.

They need to figure something out.

It's a evolution thing. At first no "experienced" platoon-squads to combat so all was even. Now, there are enuf good squads to find most servers, so these players will dominate as the game is biased to squad play. In the future, hopefully more players will join platoons, get better and squad up to make things even on most servers. Or not?
  • FishingAddict24
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have to use cover and think about your moves in this version of Battlefield. Especially if you're in a tank. Just running down the road or in a open field is asking to be killed. Even knowing when and when not to shoot your gun can help you survive. Sometimes if I see a guy running I don't fire until I make sure he's alone. It's not really worth it to kill one guy only so his buddies can kill you and revive him after.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I think Apex is doing some damage on the player base.

Don't forget Anthem. It dropped this past Friday; and I saw a lot of folk on my friend's list playing it most of the weekend, myself included. Have not played BFV in a few days now. Not over it or anything, but it's been good to walk away for a few days as BFV was all I was playing for the most part since release. Not being too into the Battle Royale, Apex got a quick look, and then back to BFV for me. But Anthem is a welcome change of pace just to keep BFV feeling fresh and fun. I actually missed playing it this weekend, but was too focused on shiny and new to move over.
  • Mishkin37
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You have to use cover and think about your moves in this version of Battlefield. Especially if you're in a tank. Just running down the road or in a open field is asking to be killed. Even knowing when and when not to shoot your gun can help you survive. Sometimes if I see a guy running I don't fire until I make sure he's alone. It's not really worth it to kill one guy only so his buddies can kill you and revive him after.

I have such a tough time NOT shooting at anything moving. The only time I show restraint is when I see someone 100s of yards away, and I'm holding the Thompson. Maybe that's why my KDR is...
  • sabersun

I have such a tough time NOT shooting at anything moving. The only time I show restraint is when I see someone 100s of yards away, and I'm holding the Thompson. Maybe that's why my KDR is...

Well first one has to unlock that darn weapon.
  • Mishkin37

Here's my guide for leveling up Medic:

Step 1 - Equip smoke grenade
    Step 2 - Throw smoke grenade
    Step 3 - Revive anything with a pulse
    Step 4 - Die when you realize your aim sucks, and you put the smoke grenade through a 3rd story window

• Betovilu
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personal opinion here the games extremely balanced. Its main goal is teamwork. What i mean is one squad can literally change the flow of the game. What you're talking about here is one squad steam rolls you and the rest follow. There is a little too much focus on get that thing so you have a squad mate in the background lone wolfing but this is meant for teamwork. Get some buds and be amazed what you can do.
  • Betovilu
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Reinterate here in terms of balance. This game literally gives you every tool to succeed. If you're failing its because of the squads. You get 4 choices. If one's not working move on to the next. Communication is the biggest issue. You all have headsets but fail to talk to each other. Thats a big factor in why you lose. If you want that thing you're going for go for it. I'll say it's a hell of a lot easier with this game than previous. They practically hand it to you. I watchted them patch an event because too may people complained. Squad, communicate, win. Simple as that.
  • sabersun

Here's my guide for leveling up Medic:

Step 1 - Equip smoke grenade
    Step 2 - Throw smoke grenade
    Step 3 - Revive anything with a pulse
    Step 4 - Die when you realize your aim sucks, and you put the smoke grenade through a 3rd story window

Haha. It is more a problem with time. Most of my grenades make it to the place they belong.
    I like the Medic class as my KD is not that great but this way I can help the team.