Name one BF map that's better than any BFV map

Comments

• HUMANFRAIL7Y
    771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dragon Valley.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ziba tower
  • Kattegat_Twin
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Strike at Karkand.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oasis from BC and BC2. DONE!!

Par for the Course! That one was brilliant! Air, Land and Sea---and golf carts, all on the same map. Fantastic sense of humor, that DICE group.
    I wish DICE would re-hire some guys from the Bad Company days. Someone start a "go fund me" campaign. I'll kick in the first $10
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I´m still wondering which map is going to be my fave BFV map... Even though this is the current game I play there is no map coming to mind as being super innovative or such...

==
    I see you are out of jail.. and I'm back in.
    Can you please put some money on my books? I'm out of coffee and people are getting sick of me begging.
    ===
    Back on topic.. It would be nice if some kind folks would put pics with these maps so we can remember which ones they are. DAGEL mentioned Davamond peak, and I can't remember what it was... did it have snow-mobiles (BF3) ?
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    every map from BF2-2142
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I´m still wondering which map is going to be my fave BFV map... Even though this is the current game I play there is no map coming to mind as being super innovative or such...

==
    I see you are out of jail.. and I'm back in.
    Can you please put some money on my books? I'm out of coffee and people are getting sick of me begging.
    ===
    Back on topic.. It would be nice if some kind folks would put pics with these maps so we can remember which ones they are. DAGEL mentioned Davamond peak, and I can't remember what it was... did it have snow-mobiles (BF3) ?

It was the map that on Rush the attackers were going down the side of the mountain and eventually got to the helipad and base jumped from it. Great rush map.
  • doctorrocktor
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle of britain.
  • Astr0damus
    UniQue1992 wrote: »
    Guadalcanal. And I can keep on going!!

Wait! I think this is the one I can "See" but can't remember what it was called.. did this have a guard tower near one spawn point and something like a parking garage across the street in the middle of the map? Maybe I'll g00gle some pics of it....
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was one of my favorites.
    ===
    Update: I just googled it and that's not it... the map I'm thinking of had "Port" or "Canal" or something to suggest water, but water was not part of of the map.
  • Astr0damus
    VVaxDaddy wrote: »
    Amiens? What on earth did you like about this map? I personally thought the BF1 maps were amongst the worse maps DICE have ever designed - well with the acceptation of Ballroom Blitz - I thought that was a good balance between infantry play and vehicles.

Ballroom Blitz
    Argonne Forest
    Fao Fortress
    Suez
    St. Quentin Scar
    Sinai Desert
    Amiens
    Monte Grappe

Nah I agree outside of Suez and Fao Fortress the starting BF1 maps we're great. Not sure what your issue with Amiens is but it at least allowed me to pick any class I wanted and there were areas I could use to be successful and move around the map with any class. Can't say that about most if bfv's maps, have fun playing medic

Amiens was great because: no planes. Also great for chokepoints against tanks and other vehicles. AT Mine haven.. plus there was something for everyone.. even snipers could sit in one building and fire across the railroad tracks into the other building. Bodies everywhere for medics to pick up... it was not linear, it was well-balanced.. even the elite kits were evenly placed. Now if you really hated all vehicles you could select Argonne Forest or Fort De-veaux. I'd wager "Drunk on Red wine" likes to pilot, hence the dislike for Amiens. But it's just a guess and I'm only wrong about 85% of the time when I stereo-type.
  • Astr0damus
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    @BaronVonGoon wrote
    Ahhhhhj I wish I was a vadeo gamer back in the BF3 days. Look at that vanilla map list. Instead we're stuck with trash like Hamada and Fjell.
    Yaa it's has really gone down hill with map design since BF3 even if BF4 also had some good maps. The "new black" seem to be smal/medium size cluster or camping maps. And even if the try to make a large/huge map its just gets more or less empty. Lots of open space with a few buildings/hangars.
    It feels like today's devs don't have any experience from BF in the past and comes from other kind of games.

Yes, instead of DICE trying to "teach us" history lessons from older wars, I think DICE should teach its new map designers the history lessons of what made Backstab such a fan-favorite (for example) or why we hate Fjell (for the most part).
  • CHEFARZT1
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Gazala, also this
    Blackidus wrote: »
    Bocage, El Alamein, Midway, or basicaly al BF1942 maps.

• JollyJester
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Flood Zone!!!!
  • ragnarok013
    3777 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    BF2 Kubra Dam\Gulf of Oman
    BF3 Damavand Peak (rush) Caspian Border (CQ)
    BF4 Golmud Railway
  • Astr0damus
    BF2 Kubra Dam\Gulf of Oman
    BF3 Damavand Peak (rush) Caspian Border (CQ)
    BF4 Golmud Railway

which BF3 map had the snow-mobiles? There was probably more than one.. but there was a snow-mobile map I really liked.
    And which one (non-snowy) had a barn at one end of the map and the other had a huge warehouse where you could hide in a dumpster by the stairs.. there was also a dumpster across the street you could hide in. Dang, I wish my memory was better. May have been Bad Company for all I know.. I should spark up a Bad Company disc and see if there are still servers.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seine Crossing

They should have remade it for BFV probably one of my favorite close quarters urban Battlefield maps of all time, and it had vehicles.
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Sharqi Peninsula

Honorable mentions: Sabalan Pipeline, Armored Shield

• Toxic_CA
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Siege of shanghai
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island

I miss rush on that map. I hope they add it to BFV someday.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    … which BF3 map had the snow-mobiles? There was probably more than one.. but there was a snow-mobile map I really liked ...

BF4's Final Stand DLC had a few snow mobile maps. Operation Whiteout, Hangar (??) & Hammerhead. Not sure if one of those is what you're thinking about.