Too Much Spotting!

Comments

• Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Dynamyte71 wrote: »
    I am going to be totally honest here. I thought after BF1 we were done shooting Doritos. I probably don’t watch the mini map as much as I should lol.
    It was until this past week’s assignment using the spotting flare. Getting 10 or 12 spots in one life was a joke... from almost anywhere on any map.
    I then used the spotting scope for Recon and I realize it’s spotting everything. Even enemies through dense foliage that I didn’t even pick up on. It’s too easy, it should not be automated. You should have to train your scope on a target and identify it.

Big rubbish!

People Don't use the spotting Gadgets! Except for the ToW assignments. I never saw someone spotted except Lmg spotting which is Just Spray n pray on a target.

By the way i doubt that one of you Hardcore Elite Players Play with Iron sights. People that are Playing with 3x Scopes or Holosights don't need spotting because you See the enemy way easier.

The holosight actually makes it harder to see enemies because of its dark tint. Thus the reason I always use Iron sights.
    Nice try though.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a question, that I should know the answer to, but I’m not sure. In BF4, you were spotted on the minimap when you fired your weapon (unless you used a silencer). In BF1, the vehicles had the same mechanic, where they showed up on the minimap when they fired.

My question: do the vehicles in BFV show up on the map, when they fire their weapons?
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    I have a question, that I should know the answer to, but I’m not sure. In BF4, you were spotted on the minimap when you fired your weapon (unless you used a silencer). In BF1, the vehicles had the same mechanic, where they showed up on the minimap when they fired.

My question: do the vehicles in BFV show up on the map, when they fire their weapons?

I'm pretty sure vehicles popping up on the map when firing was not a thing in BF1...
  • Skitelz7
    QwarHimos wrote: »
    The flare gun was buffed after multiple complaints from forum users across several websites that the range was rubbish etc etc ad nauseam.

Personally when flanking, I'm constantly checking overhead for flares. Another variable to factor in is maybe the increased awareness of previously flanked players checking these zones more frequently?.

Flanking isn't a guaranteed tactic after all is said and done. If a Squad has guys protecting their flanks as a hard counter you're in trouble, Spotting or no spotting

But the fact that there are tons of ways of your position being given away by some dumb gadget makes it even harder.
  • Skitelz7
    My dream Battlefield game is one with no spotting whatsoever. The only icons I want to see are those of my team mates.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure vehicles popping up on the map when firing was not a thing in BF1...

It was a thing in BF1.
  • Skitelz7

It was a thing in BF1.

Prove it.
  • disposalist
    8443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27

It was a thing in BF1.
    Prove it.
    He doesn't have to. It was. Anyone who played more than 10 hours knows that. Also stationery weapons.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    How can you flank when the point you're trying to flank has flares above it at all times?
    How often does that happen in a normal match? Before the mission, I rarely saw flares being used. Besides that, you can easily shoot them down. Or simply wait outside the spotting circle until it's down.
    And tank machine guns supression spotting you on top of that.
    If a tank is shooting at you, it means that you are "spotted" anyway.

I'm not sure because I usually play Conquest, but when playing this new operations it was impossible to flank or use any kind of manouver because I was always spotted one way or another.

Yeah well, but that lies within the mode and the map. Panzerstorm is basically 40ha of open field. Just like many other Operation or breakthrough maps. All it really takes is one of the 20 recons to whip out his spotting scope and actually using it. If in a good spot you can indeed spot a lot of enemies.
    Try that on Devastation, Rotterdam or Fjell though on Conquest with very limited sight lines, stricter lanes and actual cover.

Doesn't change the fact that the spotting scope and flares are noob gadgets.

That comment makes zero sense!

Spotting flare buffed,they got buffed slightly but are not near as bad as Bf1.

Seems to me like you are just salty its harder for you to camp little man!

• BallisticPork
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My dream Battlefield game is one with no spotting whatsoever. Stoping is for stupid and childish run and gun game types like COD
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    My dream Battlefield game is one with no spotting whatsoever. Stoping is for stupid and childish run and gun game types like COD

Mate. You literally hide in the distance with assault weapons. It is no wonder that you are against spotting.

Before calling out people for gameplay, look in the mirror.
  • NLBartmaN
    3039 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the few players that like no spotting there should be Hardcore/RSP with Hardcore option, so they can camp their heart out.

For the rest of us, spotting is fine the way it is.

Although for air vehicles it would be nice to get more damage from a bomb run or better visibility/more spots, right now (when not sitting behind a monitor but behind a TV) droppping bombs is mostly a guessing game and hope you hit something, when your teammates are too lazy to shoot a spot flare/spot in any other way.

And the audio needs to be fixed again, footsteps are gone again so spotting is more than needed right now.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should just either add back visual spotting or remove spotting altogether. The cheese comes from the fact that snipers running the automatic damage spotting perk allows them and the team to know your exact position during a flank. This among other things makes this game terrible to play.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    g0merpile wrote: »
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    wc138 wrote: »
    First, you're seeing so many spotting flares right now because there's an assignment calling for them.

Second, there is monumentally less spotting in this game then previous BF's. What you're asking for is basically a removal of spotting altogether. Sounds like HC mode.

He is "elite" easycore sorry Hardcore player. Us pesky vanilla mode scrubs should keep our mouths shut and embrace this legendary elite players wisdom.

On topic - spotting is fine as it is, dont see it happen often anyway.

Too be honest people should be using spotting flares far more - it helps those of us in the sky a ridiculous amount, allows us to be far more useful....visibility up there is somewhat lacking.

If they dont like being spotted they should just you know......shoot the thing spotting them....its not hard.... and if its a spotting scope then just shoot the damned sniper till its dead haha

Where there is a spot so is a beacon, Failed.

So hunt them down? Seriously if you know they have a spawn beacon and you're just going to let them camp their you deserve to get spotted and die. Nobody whined about spotting or not many until BF1 launched.....Yeah some did but they were virtually silent compared to the rest of the people who were fine with it. Removal of spotting was to placate the much smaller and hardcore player base of the game which was silly.
  • Skitelz7
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    A solution to the whole some players want spotting mechanics, some players don't want spotting mechanics is to have hardcore servers or bring in RSP. As long as there are still plenty of normal DICE/EA servers to keep the game alive for casual gamers, nothing puts me off playing quicker than OTT & abusive admin.

Personally I'm in favour of spotting mechanics because I think it allows for more dynamic, team oriented gameplay regardless of people being on mics/in parties - it makes rounds more competitive & fun for casual players. If my tank driver hasn't noticed an enemy tank but I have then yes, I should be able to flag it up in some way. Whether the driver notices is another thing entirely but at least I have the satisfaction of having said, in effect, "hey pal, tank on your 4 o'clock, nearest objective B." Same thing goes for any enemy. Same thing for me, if the enemy has picked up that I'm flanking why would it bother me that I've been taken out? The spotting mechanics work both ways. It makes it all the sweeter when I'm successful in flanking around behind an objective and squadmates spawn in on my position.

Understandably, there are plenty of players that hate spotting mechanics BUT there are plenty of players that don't. Ideally DICE would cater to both and have hardcore servers ... although let's be honest, even that won't stop many of us finding something else to hate on. :'(

I'm curious to know the official reasons for not having hardcore servers. Within the budget for BFV, did it boil down to cost vs. potential user numbers? If only a minority of players ever used them in previous games was it worthwhile having them in this one? Did DICE/EA think the new spotting mechanics and the attrition system would be a compromise; a middle ground between the grizzled and the … er … I don't know what the opposite of grizzled is. Ungrizzled?

For me, it's simple, if BF games didn't have any in-game spotting mechanics I wouldn't be playing. A core element of the gameplay would be missing for me and that's fine too. It's just not my cup of tea. I'd miss playing BF for sure but there are plenty of other fish in the sea. At least I'd have fond memories of our 14 years in the sun('s glare, blinded by the light) :p

I'm fine with them keeping the spotting to show squad members a position. What I don't like are the spotting gadgets and perks. Those ruin the game.
    Being able to mark a location/vehicle/enemy is fine the way it it. Especially since it doesn't track anymore.
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not too much "legit" spotting. But there are too many people with LOD bias exploit (DICE didn't really fix this issue at all) and wallhacks/chams. It makes it feel like too much spotting. In reality, its too much cheat.

I have thousands of hours in this franchise, dating back to BF2 days. 3D spotting has been a thing for a long time in BF games. Yet, I'm somehow being discovered in BFV significantly more often than any other BF game. And, I'm more careful, and situationaly aware in BFV than ever before. All this in a game that has visibility issues and very constrained 2D/3D spotting. The real problem isn't too many people use using scope/flare.
  • Skitelz7
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    How can you flank when the point you're trying to flank has flares above it at all times?
    How often does that happen in a normal match? Before the mission, I rarely saw flares being used. Besides that, you can easily shoot them down. Or simply wait outside the spotting circle until it's down.
    And tank machine guns supression spotting you on top of that.
    If a tank is shooting at you, it means that you are "spotted" anyway.

I'm not sure because I usually play Conquest, but when playing this new operations it was impossible to flank or use any kind of manouver because I was always spotted one way or another.

Yeah well, but that lies within the mode and the map. Panzerstorm is basically 40ha of open field. Just like many other Operation or breakthrough maps. All it really takes is one of the 20 recons to whip out his spotting scope and actually using it. If in a good spot you can indeed spot a lot of enemies.
    Try that on Devastation, Rotterdam or Fjell though on Conquest with very limited sight lines, stricter lanes and actual cover.

Doesn't change the fact that the spotting scope and flares are noob gadgets.

That comment makes zero sense!

Spotting flare buffed,they got buffed slightly but are not near as bad as Bf1.

Seems to me like you are just salty its harder for you to camp little man!

I don't camp big dude!
    I just don't like having my hand held.
    I want to play the game by myself. Not having a bunch of icons telling me where the enemy is.
  • Skitelz7
    It's not too much "legit" spotting. But there are too many people with LOD bias exploit (DICE didn't really fix this issue at all) and wallhacks/chams. It makes it feel like too much spotting. In reality, its too much cheat.

I have thousands of hours in this franchise, dating back to BF2 days. 3D spotting has been a thing for a long time in BF games. Yet, I'm somehow being discovered in BFV significantly more often than any other BF game. And, I'm more careful, and situationaly aware in BFV than ever before. All this in a game that has visibility issues and very constrained 2D/3D spotting. The real problem isn't too many people use using scope/flare.

It's the same on Xbox so I'm pretty sure it's not cheats or hacks.
  • Skitelz7

Exactly.
    That's also my dream Battlefield game.
    They can do away with the death cam too.
  • Skitelz7
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Mate. You literally hide in the distance with assault weapons. It is no wonder that you are against spotting.

Before calling out people for gameplay, look in the mirror.

Did you get this info out of you **** or...?
This discussion has been closed.