AP mines in front of supply stations - enough already!

llMotleyll
31 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hoping DICE does something about this, they need to either prevent players from being allowed to place them so close to the health \ ammo supply stations or limit them to only the scout class say, as they're never on the objectives anyway!
It's getting ridiculous how many times people are dying to these when they're running around like savages PTFO'ing and just want to grab some resupplies.
Absolutely skilless, crappy way to get some cheap kills IMO and very annoying.

Comments

• MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dude, watch your feet!
  • SirBobdk
    3924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Then what about the Stuka B2 parachute mines. Ridiculous so many kills you can get by landing them at the supply station or spawn.
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Then what about the Stuka B2 parachute mines. Ridiculous so many kills you can get by landing them at the supply station or spawn.

simple solution: Block the ability to place mines near supply stations. If people rely on cheap kills like that to use the tools they have then they dont really deserve to get kills there at all and with the way tanks are right now, allowing them to be placed near the stations is just insult to injury at this point.

Stuka pilots just need to know the map and the various tank chokes where tanks typically push from. I got 17 kills in the space of 10 minutes from placing mines on the same choke near A on hamada breakthrough its not hard.
  • tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think staying quiet about this and maintaining a Silent Suffering was your Option Number Two .
    Your Option Number One was in publicizing it and hoping it could be made to stop .

In this monkey-see-monkey-do world , Two was your best bet .
    I bet :tongue:
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree this is one of the cheapest ways to kills, but really they aren’t that hard to spot. Just a smidge more caution and you’ll be able to destroy the vast majority of them. Sure, sometimes you’ll be distracted (under fire etc) and trying to grab some ammo or health quickly and they’ll get you, but that goes with almost anything really.
  • crapjon
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hoping DICE does something about this, they need to either prevent players from being allowed to place them so close to the health \ ammo supply stations or limit them to only the scout class say, as they're never on the objectives anyway!
    It's getting ridiculous how many times people are dying to these when they're running around like savages PTFO'ing and just want to grab some resupplies.
    Absolutely skilless, crappy way to get some cheap kills IMO and very annoying.

Lol
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    Almost as cheap as stalking a tank for 10 minutes across a map or using a PIAT to mortar.
    Post edited by plasticman883 on
  • Feuerfinger
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does somebody know, if the "kill-power" of the APM's differ?
    Sometimes (full HP) I die from 1 APM, sometimes I survive it..
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, can be annoying and you can't check every single box for possible explosives. But the only situatons where it's REALLY annoying is when a whole clan squad uses them. Should indeed be a Sniper-only item.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does somebody know, if the "kill-power" of the APM's differ?
    Sometimes (full HP) I die from 1 APM, sometimes I survive it..

They are bouncing betty type things (you can hear the death ping before they go off) so if you run through it you don't get the full blast. However if you walk over one or are right next to one when it goes off it it will kill you.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In that case I think it should be a ban-able offense to camp Resupply Stations as a Recon or with a MMG, because it is totally unfair that I die to someone when in need of bandages!
    The same about AT Mines and Vehicle Supply Stations!

As a wise Queen once said: "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

/s

Seriously though, if you keep falling for it then maybe you should try keeping an eye out for them?
    You know they are there after all.
  • VoltAmps
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You want to ban something in the game cause you don't know how to look down, its all part of the game. I always spot when im patient but if i rush in i usually see them once its too late.

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    AP mine kills are very satisfying. Anyone so stupid not to check their surroundings deserves to be mined.

It's a solid defense in protecting a Support MMG emplacement against Assault's advance.

Once you have been killed by an AP next to a resupply station lesson learnt surely.

Support can lay 3 AP's if you resupply, just make sure you check for mines before resupplying :wink: