The end of battlefield?

«134
spateri1
231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I knew it wouldn't sell anywhere near as many copies as bf1 after battle royale came out, especially as freeware like fortnite and apex but I never thought the developers or more likely EA would cut the heart out of a game so much by listening/ taking orders from their marketing team more than the fans.

Best BF since BF4 by far, looks and feels like you've given up on it though. I'd be happy with at least some communication to keep us at least a bit happy. Are the hands and tongue tied? You're lack of responses say a thousand words.

A saturated market thesedays and no love anymore. It was fun.

Comments

  • bloodprizm
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Easy there tiger. More updates are inbound imenently
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »
    The end of battlefield?

    It pretty much is for me.

    I'm a MMG main. I've always main Support in the Battlefield series since Battlefield 3.

    The MMG experience in Battlefield 5 is so frustrating, painful, unfun and unsatisfying that I've all but quit the game as a result.

    I know there's people having a great time with Battlefield 5 (and more power to you guys!) but for this old heavy machine gun vet, this is the most unfun Battlefield I've ever played.
    • I log in once every few days to do the daily assignments and then generally log off.
    • I log in once a week to do the TOW assignments and then generally log off.

    Only reason is to 'stay in touch' with the game's minimalist progression in the event they may turn this around and I may want to actually play it down the line.

    But right now I can't stand this Battlefield. It's made for Assault run and gun play and that's just not the 'Battlefield Experience' I want or enjoy.

    Same here re Support. I don't have/enjoy the reflexes required not to mention the squadmates to engage in upclose and personal run and gun. I used to rock the MG42 until they nerfed it's accuracy. I was very surprised to see the accuracy nerf in the patch notes a while back as at the time MMG support wasn't used that much, it was all LE7. Wish they'd kept it to that. I can count the amount of times I've been killed by a bipoded MMG on one hand in the last two months.

    I still play as Support, but I pick my battles very carefully, literally.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    The end of Battlefield..... no BF will be just fine

    I would love to see a Bad Company 3 game next, please no Fairfight. Go hard on the hackers and spend a bit more time developing the game - 3 year cycle?
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The end of Battlefield..... no BF will be just fine

    I would love to see a Bad Company 3 game next, please no Fairfight. Go hard on the hackers and spend a bit more time developing the game - 3 year cycle?
    Agree. I would love to see a game once more designed for rush.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    @plasticman883

    The MG 42 and all MMGs absolutely shred. The nerf to the MG 42 is small - I got it gold this week and I have had some of the best scoring rounds I've e had in BFV. I have all MMGs gold now, I would say an experience MMG player should do just fine with these.

    However I would say the stability of the bipod is still an issue and terrain is problematic - planting the MMG on slopes cause micro movement stuttering. There is also a bug where you place the MMG and ADS quickly and it judders - this was introduced in the last patch.

    Overall though I really enjoy playing MMG - it causes all sorts of raging :)

  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope BF5 makes them realise that designing a game for the competitive/hardcore types that have always been the minority, whether or not some think they are the 'best' players, is a really bad idea.

    A game is a game.

    In my opinion BF1 was the best at balancing fun and challenge, chaos and skill, immersion and mechanics that there has been.

    BF4 was excellent, but got tiresome due to modern gadgets and one-size-fits-all weapon dominance.

    All the others BFs were fantastic in their day - they all brought improvements, but kept the core feel of the game (except Hardline. Sorry Hardline fans, but Cops 'n' Robbers on steroids isn't really Battlefield to me).

    I *hope* BF5 makes them realise their mistakes, but I feel it may be somewhat of a deathnell for the series if they don't.

    I wouldnt call competitive community a minority, its actually bigger than you think. I agree with a point that Dice shouldnt listen to cry babies and just make the game, but sometimes you can take few ideas on board like removal of us snap on assist on consoles etc, but hardcore community should be ignored just give them separate modes and let them enjoy their easycore.

    Hardline was fun, it wasnt pure battlefield it was just fun to play apart lazy development.
  • SirBobdk
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @disposalist wrote
    DICE need to get back to making a core game that the majority of players can enjoy, but the niche groups can customise on private servers to make something they can enjoy.
    Trying to force hardcore-lite and competitive-type mechanics/balance into the core game is a disaster.
    Agree.
  • shaunw2010
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    Support class lost its major role/strengh which was suppression. MMG's (mg34-42) rely heavily on tactical position blindspots etc to be effective with bipod. mg42 will only shred at close quarters with the element of surprise.. Medium to long range you'll be lucky if you manage to get hit markers now! Most fair 1v1 situations you'll lose because your forced to be stationary and the head hitbox is size of Jupiter. Mg 42 accuracy nerf was a joke uncalled for and a game changer.

    I give up on support after the nerf it's not worth effort with big open maps etc jumped to recon/assault since it what most of community and dice favour .. Semi's & bolt's are way to go!
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    spateri1 wrote: »
    I knew it wouldn't sell anywhere near as many copies as bf1 after battle royale came out, especially as freeware like fortnite and apex but I never thought the developers or more likely EA would cut the heart out of a game so much by listening/ taking orders from their marketing team more than the fans.

    Best BF since BF4 by far, looks and feels like you've given up on it though. I'd be happy with at least some communication to keep us at least a bit happy. Are the hands and tongue tied? You're lack of responses say a thousand words.

    A saturated market thesedays and no love anymore. It was fun.

    No. The sky is not falling calm down.

    Hardline flopped hard then they made BF1. Which by all accounts is the best produced Battlefield to date (gameplay is a different matter entirely) but it was still a very fun game at a very high amount of quality.

    BF5 has "flopped" by industry standards and some gamers have the knee jerk reaction to panic. Don't.

    BF5 can still be improved they just need to have the will and the resources.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    shaunw2010 wrote: »
    Support class lost its major role/strengh which was suppression. MMG's (mg34-42) rely heavily on tactical position blindspots etc to be effective with bipod. mg42 will only shred at close quarters with the element of surprise.. Medium to long range you'll be lucky if you manage to get hit markers now! Most fair 1v1 situations you'll lose because your forced to be stationary and the head hitbox is size of Jupiter. Mg 42 accuracy nerf was a joke uncalled for and a game changer.

    I give up on support after the nerf it's not worth effort with big open maps etc jumped to recon/assault since it what most of community and dice favour .. Semi's & bolt's are way to go!

    Use the Bren, Lewis Gun, or KE7 on support. They're very good weapons.

    Recon is far from favored by DICE in this game. Especially with bolt actions. It's the weakest they've ever made the class in BF history.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem may lie in that they threw this game together poorly and too quickly. Most ok ideas are ruined by another bad/wrong idea. Fans should be worried because this game may be a sinking ship. There was one (1) server only this morning for a domination match!!!!
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    shaunw2010 wrote: »
    Support class lost its major role/strengh which was suppression. MMG's (mg34-42) rely heavily on tactical position blindspots etc to be effective with bipod. mg42 will only shred at close quarters with the element of surprise.. Medium to long range you'll be lucky if you manage to get hit markers now! Most fair 1v1 situations you'll lose because your forced to be stationary and the head hitbox is size of Jupiter. Mg 42 accuracy nerf was a joke uncalled for and a game changer.

    I give up on support after the nerf it's not worth effort with big open maps etc jumped to recon/assault since it what most of community and dice favour .. Semi's & bolt's are way to go!

    Use the Bren, Lewis Gun, or KE7 on support. They're very good weapons.

    Recon is far from favored by DICE in this game. Especially with bolt actions. It's the weakest they've ever made the class in BF history.

    OG Support vets use the Drilling, impact grens and lots of testosterone! :D
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm obviously in a minority here but I think that's it's a pretty good game at the moment. Sure it's buggy in places and there's very little room for error but it more than makes up for it.
Sign In or Register to comment.