Weekly Debrief

FAIL AGAIN - No Sturmgeschutz IV

13»

Comments

• WingnutDaCat
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting. So for some it was in Shipments, and for others it was in the replacement queue. Um, I didn't mean interesting. I meant ... weird.
  • blakemoresimon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mine froze halfway though doing it all. I have emailed dice about if but I do blunt anything will get done about it.

The assignment section of the game is massively broke. Sometimes you need to get 20kills for a 10 kill assignment other times you just need to slap an opponent with a wet kipper.

Don't get.me wrong I bloody love this game so much I really do its just gutting trying to get a few bonuses and getting on with it them boom dice says noooooooooooo
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    Mine froze halfway though doing it all. I have emailed dice about if but I do blunt anything will get done about it.

The assignment section of the game is massively broke. Sometimes you need to get 20kills for a 10 kill assignment other times you just need to slap an opponent with a wet kipper.

Don't get.me wrong I bloody love this game so much I really do its just gutting trying to get a few bonuses and getting on with it them boom dice says noooooooooooo

I hate all this jumping through hoops nonsense to get new gear.
  • WingnutDaCat
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think DICE had lost its direction as far as the Battlefield series goes. Time to start looking elsewhere.
  • blakemoresimon
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I hate all this jumping through hoops nonsense to get new gear.

I really don't mind it to be honest. If they can sort out the assignment problems so it registers straight away and you can see the progress mid game as most of the time it won't bloody load so you don't know where you are at that point in the game then it would be fine.

There are plenty of other much bigger problems in the game dice should be sorting really
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think DICE had lost its direction as far as the Battlefield series goes. Time to start looking elsewhere.

investors who dont even game are predicting an underwhelming year because of developing patterns.

fiscal 2020 is the self destruct date imo
  • blakemoresimon
    edited February 23
    Do you guys think that firestorm will make any difference to the player base as I have heard am mixed bag.

Do you think that's what dice are mainly on with and why other parts of the game are lacking and the fact they have left some blatant and to be honest down right dangerous for epileptics bugs in the last update. Dice in my mind should be at the very least sorting that one bug out right now and not saying wait for the next update. That's a real **** take for people who are effected by it who now can't play the game now until dice does an update. Bit of a middle finger to thr player base yet again don't you think
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you guys think that firestorm will make any difference to the player base as I have heard am mixed bag.

Do you think that's what dice are mainly on with and why other parts of the game are lacking and the fact they have left some blatant and to be honest down right dangerous for epileptics bugs in the last update. Dice in my mind should be at the very least sorting that one bug out right now and not saying wait for the next update. That's a real **** take for people who are effected by it who now can't play the game now until dice does an update. Bit of a middle finger to thr player base yet again don't you think

no, firestorm will flop because of attrition. fitting right?

I expect a few to come back to try, but most BR game mode fans are playing fortnite, pubg, or apex and why would they come back to a side gamemode when they've already established a playing style and/or progression on a truer BR game that isnt BF 5. As it stands, this forum alone is on track to have more stickied posts regarding bugs/issues than just basic official info flow. take away the meaningless sticky posts or old ones, and the issues are mounting. Firestorm wont save it
  • bigmatt9486
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The only way that it doesn't fail completely is if it is made as a free to download part of the game. They can make it free to download and then incorporate all the microtransactions they want while keeping it separate from the base game.
  • EmperorBungee
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So it's still not in my shipments, but I see the tank in my company -> replace vehicle.
    It says I can PURCHASE it for 100 company coins (CC). When I try to purchase it, I get notified that I do not have enough cc, which is incorrect (probably 100 cc is a placeholder for future real world money :hushed: )
  • WingnutDaCat

I expect a few to come back to try, but most BR game mode fans are playing fortnite, pubg, or apex and why would they come back to a side gamemode when they've already established a playing style and/or progression on a truer BR game that isnt BF 5. As it stands, this forum alone is on track to have more stickied posts regarding bugs/issues than just basic official info flow. take away the meaningless sticky posts or old ones, and the issues are mounting. Firestorm wont save it

I have indeed noticed that the number of players across all servers and game modes has nose-dived over the past week and a half. My guess is that DICE and EA have noticed, also. I'm running around Far Cry New Dawn now, but checking BFV servers from time to time over the weekend. Probably not a boycott, but interest and enthusiasm have clearly dropped.
  • blakemoresimon

That is a most excellent point my dude. Why would you want to change what your already comfortable playing not kmly that you have to buy the full base game.

I have never been one for the big battle royal games as battlefield 5 already has 64 players games and they probably go on longer and ate 10 tomes more fun than the br games.

Needless to say I will definitely be watching what unfolds with my popcorn haha
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The crazy thing is, since a lot of people did not get the tank upon completion of the TOW, it was available for 100cc in the Company Area where you replace vehicles. I felt a bit bad pruchasing for so cheap knowing how much others had put into earning it and not getting it. But not bad enough to hold off purchasing for a steal ;)
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well after completing this chapter I didn't get the tank like so many others, so I bought it and now I have 2 of them.