Future of battlefield 5 - DICE/EA your guidance please

sertoriusq
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Guys, I am concerned about the future of the game. I enjoy the core mechanics, but I felt let down by the way DICE handled the release. Additionally, I feel like DICE has nothing in the works. We lack content and most importantly any guidance. I would be very disappointed if they stopped supporting the game because it hasn't met EA sales expectations. I would love DICE clarify its stance on the future support of the game. And I do not mean minor updates, but something comparable to dlc we saw for bf3/4. Guys please bump the thread so that DICE can comment on it. Thanks all

Comments

• Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice to see player count statistics like we were able to with previous games to start with
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see player count statistics like we were able to with previous games to start with

Those are locked tightly in a briefcase, handcuffed to the lead production designer of this travesty.

• Paintpro_12
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I almost guarantee that they don’t even have a clue what’s actually going to happen... I couldn’t believe they would intentionally screw players by this “live” service... you’d think they would release information on the next TOW... but i feel they gave up.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    yup, they gave up on BFV.
    That makes me angry because ww2 is my favorite setting. i wish they would have released a bf4-like battlefield instead of ww2, so they would have screwed up that setting instead of ww2.

thats what happens if you "focus on the untold battles" blablablabla. NOBODY EVER ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ASKED FOR THAT! All we wanted was a next gen ww2 battlefield experience with berlin, stalingrad, omaha beach, maybe carentan, dawnville, brecourt, ardenne forest. but nooooo. you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ up dice
  • Paintpro_12
    I think they wanted to do untold stories because they wanted to add women into the game because they actually played a huge role fighting surprisingly... because in reality when they said untold stories of ww2 i was dumbfounded because it’s not really unknown... I knew every battle they released...
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, I am concerned about the future of the game. I enjoy the core mechanics, but I felt let down by the way DICE handled the release. Additionally, I feel like DICE has nothing in the works. We lack content and most importantly any guidance. I would be very disappointed if they stopped supporting the game because it hasn't met EA sales expectations. I would love DICE clarify its stance on the future support of the game. And I do not mean minor updates, but something comparable to dlc we saw for bf3/4. Guys please bump the thread so that DICE can comment on it. Thanks all

#GoodbyeDice
  • Paintpro_12
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

#GoodbyeDice
    According to the main website they’re supposed to be more army’s joining...
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    phr91 wrote: »
    yup, they gave up on BFV.
    That makes me angry because ww2 is my favorite setting. i wish they would have released a bf4-like battlefield instead of ww2, so they would have screwed up that setting instead of ww2.

thats what happens if you "focus on the untold battles" blablablabla. NOBODY EVER **** ASKED FOR THAT! All we wanted was a next gen ww2 battlefield experience with berlin, stalingrad, omaha beach, maybe carentan, dawnville, brecourt, ardenne forest. but nooooo. you **** up dice

The problem is this "untold battles" are not even correct. This was a good idead i think, if you think at all the factions involved in the WW2. It could be really refreshing, and historically very interesting. But they did this so bad... Only two factions, British at Rotterdam and Hannut, no italians, etc.
    I am really disappointed. A 2 years live service with focus on many and diverses aspects, fronts and nations of the WW2 could have been really exciting.
  • baroncrovax
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    First time for you guys, huh?

At least BFV has new weapons. If you wait a while you'll probably get a few new skins too.

Heck, there's a new map coming out after 5 months instead of more than a year.
  • Noodlesocks
    3596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice if they provided a roadmap for the year like Apex Legends and Fallout 76 has. Say what you want about those games but at least those games feel like they're being given a healthy level of support from their developers.