This Week in Battlefield V

AP mines in front of supply stations - enough already!

Comments

• QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    When I die to an AP mine, I always salute the owner in my thoughts :)

Then I note the placement of it, so I can use that placement myself in future games :smiley:

Great attitude man I salute you!
  • Trokey66
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    At least in BF1 there were wires warning the player.

And BF4 Claymores had 3 strings and glowed bright white through IR scopes yet people still cried.

Fact is, 99 times out of 100, if you die to these weapons, it was you own fault foe being careless or unwary.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I ask Dice to remove my 542 AP cheap kills and write down on a paper 542 times that I Appy polly loggies 542 times for using the AP mines .

I think I start a new topic on removing bullits from assault guns, it aint fair.

Nice, I have 171 pings of joy.

Placing mines near resupply stations is old news now. I get much more success figuring out where footfall is high and placing AP's around corners depending on which direction the players normally move.
  • VOLBANKER
    1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many AP mine kills have you guys got?

I'm at 80.

I should use it more :smile:
  • DogRoyal
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In another thread this other guy is complaining about AP mines placed in random places because they are too easy to spot around objectives/resupply stations... tough crowd.
  • MacTurdy
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Nothing will be changed about those AP-mines anyways because people love their cheap kills. They refuse to accept that mines often are hard to spot due to the bad visibility especially on dark surfaces or on objects. You simply do not have the time to check corners or resupply stations for too long so that argument is also some stupid jabbering. In this forum and this community there are so many AP-mine abusing players that defend cheap strategies that it is pointless to even broach that topic.

However I am glad to see that they have at least already made things like the rifle-grenades and PIAT a little bit worse. I know that a lot of those cheap suits here will disagree with me but I do not care at all and let me tell you that I will not even bother reading your assertations. It just shows me that the game itself such as a lot of the players are at an all-time low in terms of standards.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    Sounds like someone has been blown up by AP mines once too often.
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    refuse to accept that mines often are hard to spot due to the bad visibility especially on dark surfaces or on objects. You simply do not have the time to check corners or resupply stations for too long so that argument is also some stupid jabbering..

If you're too stupid to look around and spot the mines IN A VERY OBVIOUS MINE LOCATION then that's on you, not the person who knew people would be in a rush and oblivious and put the mine somewhere hard to see.

The idea is to make the enemy lose tickets or delaying a capture. Blowing people up with mines achieves that goal.

Where is an acceptable place to put them in your view?
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did this earlier today, same dude - twice
    Can they see you bagging from across the map?
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a tactic. Deal with it. I never tried it before but I don't know when I'd run into enemy territory just to place a mine instead of trying to cap the objective. Doesn't make sense to waste it on a depot in an objective you own as I'd rather place them in defense around the perimeter. I'd say props to whoever pulls it off.
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

Yes they can :)
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

In theory. I'd say at least half of my death cams, and I see plenty, involve the camera spinning 360 degrees and end up facing somewhere on the floor.

• B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    what's annoying is they decided to buff them when they needed nerfing or removing. don't have an issues with planting them at supply stations as you should check first and they're not hard to spot.
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    How many AP mine kills have you guys got?

over 600
  • ElliotLH
    8384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

In theory. I'd say at least half of my death cams, and I see plenty, involve the camera spinning 360 degrees and end up facing somewhere on the floor.

I know what you mean about that - I could have sworn one of mine today zoomed in on a squadmate lol
  • Prep768
    3434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Noice!

Time to step it up a gear - dynamite!
  • James-MII
    894 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kinda your own fault mate, if you know they’re doing it, open your eyes.
  • TFBisquit
    1632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has always been known for this kind of thing. No surprises there.
    Create something to abuse, and everybody will do just that.
  • VOLBANKER
    1009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Battlefield has always been known for this kind of thing. No surprises there.
    Create something to abuse, and everybody will do just that.
    But planting AP mines certainly is not abuse!

In my book abuse means taking advantage of a bug in the game.