AP mines in front of supply stations - enough already!

Comments

• TFBisquit
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are many books in the world.
    Regardless, battlefield has always been a spamfest. Whether it's with grenades or other attributes.
    I don't mind AP mines, but I do see them planted in unlogical places, for a cheap kill at the expense of the unsuspected respawner, just starting to run and fill his ammo pouch.
    Not in reach of any objective I might add.
    There are cheap ones, denying that is even cheaper.
    But ok, there are also clever ones. I salut those.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 28
    At least in BF1 there were wires warning the player.

They were also one hit kills on sprinting players though. You didn't need to stack 2 of them to get a kill. Thus your full health kill potential was higher. BFV mines on the other hand only do 80 damage, so you've got to stack two of them for a full health kill. And they also give you some time to dive to the ground and greatly reduce the damage before they go off. BF1 tripwire bombs were instant unavoidable death if you set one off while sprinting.

AP mines aren't easy to see when they're in random places, but you should be able to pretty easily see them near supply stations with the knowledge that that is where many players put them.
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    wc138 wrote: »
    Maybe stop being such a spaz and run and gunning like a two-bit CoD convert. Seriously.

It's a brilliant strategy, and three cheers to the sneaky peeps who use it. It's also equally easy to circumvent.

LOOK BEFORE YOU RESUPPLY.

That's how easy it is, ya big ol' baby.

Mines are super close to being invisible without spotting assisting in you seeing them. Also you can literally throw the mines on top of the box and hide them better. As soon as you get close to the kill zone they go off, I think they are super cheesy for kills. So all that look before you resupply does nothing. You will have to destroy the station in order to check for them.

Not even, theyre easy to spot, you just HAVE TO LOOK.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Look where you are walking..

Wise men say.. only fools rush in.
  • Paintpro_12
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OMG!!! You must be one of many that constantly say I’m trash because I sit on ammo crates with my piat and made launcher!!! 😂😂😂 I managed to go 35-4 without ever firing my main weapon lmao!
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OMG!!! You must be one of many that constantly say I’m trash because I sit on ammo crates with my piat and made launcher!!! 😂😂😂 I managed to go 35-4 without ever firing my main weapon lmao!

ewwwwww
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Battlefield has always been known for this kind of thing. No surprises there.
    Create something to abuse, and everybody will do just that.
    But planting AP mines certainly is not abuse!

In my book abuse means taking advantage of a bug in the game.

Exactly, that it annoys some players doesn't mean it qualifies as abuse. Roaring out of your spawn in a jeep on a road you know from previous experience will be mined is all on you, not the guy who planted the mines. Maybe that's why some players get so cranky about this stuff, deep down they know it's their fault.
  • Kongo030
    615 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only have a few kills with them as I use them to protect my MMG or Sniper spot. Best thing was Rotterdam in Squad contest. The building next to A from the German side. The stairway was out of bounds so placing AP mines made them less visible. It killed the first rusher and damaged the second whom I could finish off. Next attempt was usually four guys doing the rush killing me eventually or Piat spam from outside but it was always worth it :)
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh hell no, this is a viable tactic. Get good son.
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    There are many books in the world.
    Regardless, battlefield has always been a spamfest. Whether it's with grenades or other attributes.
    I don't mind AP mines, but I do see them planted in unlogical places, for a cheap kill at the expense of the unsuspected respawner, just starting to run and fill his ammo pouch.
    Not in reach of any objective I might add.
    There are cheap ones, denying that is even cheaper.
    But ok, there are also clever ones. I salut those.

because there is a daily assignment that asks for those cheap kills by AP mines
  • n7k6k5w9jp0
    362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On a map like rotterdam I now have to open each door manually and check before rushing through. I've found people like to plant one on each door of those small buildings to cut through with stairs.

Doesn't really bother me but it definitely isn't adding anything fun or challenging to the game.
  • Prep768
    3417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Current world record.......
  • GeneralXIV
    218 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find AP mines on objectives are worse than on supply stations. In a game of Frontlines on Arras, Im pretty sure there were around 3 recons that just filled an objective with AP mines. It was terrible :P

Im not someone who usually uses AP mines. Looking at my stats, Ive only placed 19. With 5 kills. And all of them were yesterday :o

I decided to try it out for myself, and well...

[video]

Just ignore the rest of the video, it happens at the beginning. It felt really cheap :/
  • Hrushka80
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I do this all the time, why? Because people never pay attention to where they are running and I know they are gonna run for a resupply.

If its such a problem for you.... watch your feet.
  • Hard_2_Handle_13
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do this all the time for easy kills.  Sorry you are too much of a total idiot to look where you are going.  If you're stupid enough to keep walking into my mines, then I am smart enough to keep planting them there.  They are literally out in the open for anyone to see.   They are not hard to spot.  You die from it, then you are just an idiot.  You do realize this is a war game, right?  The object is to eliminate the enemy.  I got creative with the elimination part.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh look another COD refugee that can't stop running and take two seconds to look in common areas for AP mines.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got my first triple AP mine kill (in V) the other day placing 3 infront of a breakthrough health station, it was glorious. I definitely agree there needs to be some sort of buffer zone, or even a maximum of 2 placed mines at any given time.

Of course, the old "fool me once" saying rings truest in these situations - My main want/gripe/need/whatever, is about visibility; sometimes mines can be placed inside objects like small rocks making them very hard to predict.
  • PvtJohnTowle
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Some people are muppets and there is nothing anyone can do for them except for a bullet to the head. Because OP is a muppet and keeps getting killed due to obvious tactic doesn’t ever learn from his mistake.
  • sarris_bros-1978
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    llMotleyll wrote: »
    Hoping DICE does something about this, they need to either prevent players from being allowed to place them so close to the health \ ammo supply stations or limit them to only the scout class say, as they're never on the objectives anyway!
    It's getting ridiculous how many times people are dying to these when they're running around like savages PTFO'ing and just want to grab some resupplies.
    Absolutely skilless, crappy way to get some cheap kills IMO and very annoying.

Absolutely blind skilless run and gun type of player, ask for a nerf! For another nerf!!! Strange because when i realized that ap mines is a regular danger near the resupply stations, i didn't die anymore!!
  • Hawxxeye
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People disregard that a flare can reveal all the mines in the area.
    Use the damn flares and resuply the recons who use them.