DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    And some people just want to play a shooter that doesn't have 37% of the player base cheating.

Where are you coming up with those numbers?

He is not getting them from here:

(I estimated 1% of the playerbase is cheating)

@Red_Label_Scotch 1% is not rampant. 1% is a concern, so that one percent doesn't turn into 2% and spiral out of control and turn into 20% but one percent is not rampant. According to your estimation, That's one cheater per 100 matches. For every 100 matches played, you have one cheater in your game.

You're in no position to challenge the math of any person here.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kunstula wrote: »
    Should ask for SSN of players that want to play game.

Terrible idea. No way I would trust the incompetent EA with my SSN. Not to mention it is US specific.

I agree, but making it mandatory to link a verified bank account number/credit card and a verified telephone number to an Origin account would not go too far IMO, it would definitely help in reducing cheating.

That's a better solution than giving your social security to a commercial entity. We're not China. No offense to the Chinese, but that's not how Western society does things.
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2019
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nelsongranados/2018/04/30/report-cheating-is-becoming-a-big-problem-in-online-gaming/#76fb84977663

according to FORBES, A total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating (3% "always", 9% "often", 13% "sometimes", and 12% "rarely").

That is according to players and not just some made up number.

If you "think" only 1% is all that is cheating, then you are only fooling yourself.

https://irdeto.com/news/new-global-survey-widespread-cheating-in-multiplayer-online-games-frustrates-consumers/
    77% of online gamers are likely to stop playing a multiplayer game online if they think other players are cheating and 48% of online gamers are likely to buy less in-game content as a result.
  • DigitalHype
    793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Terrible idea. No way I would trust the incompetent EA with my SSN. Not to mention it is US specific.

I agree, but making it mandatory to link a verified bank account number/credit card and a verified telephone number to an Origin account would not go too far IMO, it would definitely help in reducing cheating.

That's a better solution than giving your social security to a commercial entity. We're not China. No offense to the Chinese, but that's not how Western society does things.

Yes. I wouldn't have a problem linking some other private data or even a relatively significant monetary risk, to increase the risk:reward ratio. Just not SSN. That idea was silly.
  • Axlerod1
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 2019
    People are less likely to change address or phone numbers. This can easily be checked when making a purchase with a credit card without given up social security numbers or credit card numbers. ban the player, ban their credit address and ban their credit card phone number. Pretty simple ban both. To create an account, must have verified address and phone number on file. Only EA orgin should sell CD keys for games. This won't stop all of the cheats but it will put a huge dent in it.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nelsongranados/2018/04/30/report-cheating-is-becoming-a-big-problem-in-online-gaming/#76fb84977663

according to FORBES, A total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating (3% "always", 9% "often", 13% "sometimes", and 12% "rarely").

If you "think" only 1% is all that is cheating, then you are only fooling yourself.

https://irdeto.com/news/new-global-survey-widespread-cheating-in-multiplayer-online-games-frustrates-consumers/
    77% of online gamers are likely to stop playing a multiplayer game online if they think other players are cheating and 48% of online gamers are likely to buy less in-game content as a result.

Yeah, most of those being in Asia and the 37% doesn't translate into all games equally. Some games or regions are affected more than others, wouldn't you agree?
    People are less likely to change address or phone numbers. This can easily be checked when making a purchase with a credit card without given up social security numbers or credit card numbers. ban the player, ban their credit address and ban their credit card phone number. Pretty simple ban both. To create an account, must have verified address and phone number on file. Only EA orgin should sell CD keys for games. This won't stop all of the cheats but it will put a huge dent in it.

I think that's fair since ea likely has that info already. CS does this if I recall correctly.
  • Pelliy

Yes. I wouldn't have a problem linking some other private data or even a relatively significant monetary risk, to increase the risk:reward ratio. Just not SSN. That idea was silly.

Yeah very orwellian. I guess people are not paying attention how Facebook is selling with people's sensitive data.
  • Axlerod1

Yeah, most of those being in Asia and the 37% doesn't translate into all games equally. Some games or regions are affected more than others, wouldn't you agree?

I think that's fair since ea likely has that info already. CS does this if I recall correctly.

This is what it is. This is not game specific. This is an average. It could be off a few percentage points for BFV but I doubt it is a lot since BFV is a triple A title.
  • Pelliy

This is what it is. This is not game specific. This is an average. It could be off a few percentage points for BFV but I doubt it is a lot since BFV is a triple A title.

I don't see how AAA is relevant. I'll give you an example. Two examples. If your state produces high number of crime but one city in your state accounts for most of the crime, than that doesn't paint the full picture. We have regions where. Cheating is more accepted than others. We have games that are specific across different regions. As far as BF being AAA, it is but it doesn't have much of a Asian market compared to say pubg. Which has a bigger cheating problem. I'd say pubg has more than that 37% while other games have less.

But yeah I do agree with you though if cheating is rampant, it would have to be bigger than 1%.
  • mahdioof
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ur anticheat is get rekted by noobs
    Each server hase atlast 1 rage hacker
    U should first use better anti cheat and dont make ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ things for game
    Fix the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anticheat
  • BL00DY-ROY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mahdioof wrote: »
    U should first use better anti cheat and dont make **** things for game
    Fix the **** anticheat

Which region are you playing? I am in Europe, and meeting a ragehacker is very rare (i only play approx BF 1 night a week, so I play not that much).
  • mahdioof
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BL00DY-ROY wrote: »
    Fix the **** anticheat

Which region are you playing? I am in Europe, and meeting a ragehacker is very rare (i only play approx BF 1 night a week, so I play not that much).

Eu servers
    In last 2 days i saw so many rage hackers and ea will not attention
  • EdwinSpangler
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Fix the **** anticheat

Cmon this is just plain untrue.
  • zetamen21
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For enter the spectator, you need to disconnect, find server and reconnect - it's most idiot system what I know
  • GSXR13K
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worldwide player base now. PC players have dwindled and these companies do not want to give up the hackers money. The second the first AAA game had a console exclusive schedule the PC community was doomed. There are just too many people in the world that want to and now can game but will never be able to afford a PC for these companies to give a rats ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about PC cheaters.
  • ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Noticed a new exploit that completely unbalanced (at least) frontlines/breaktrough. Tanks driving over several teams before the countdown had finishes.. This seem to be a new favorite among griefers (to add something to the discussion, more players are griefers compared to cheaters).
  • evriviadis
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    cheaters and admins ruin every game man.they both cover eachother.we know this story very well.i hope ea should something about this
  • lewron1306
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The younger gen thinks its OK to use cheats, it wouldn't surprise me if EA and other gaming company's create the codes and sell them online for the profit. Not one person I have reported has been stopped ( LVL 1 used a pistol the whole game with over 100 kills and 3 deaths ) I play in the morning hours and find fewer cheaters online
  • commando1972_PA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do something about the aim bots and wall hacking in this broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ game or I will simply cancel my Origin account. This hasn't been addressed since BF3 with any kind of care. At least when we rented servers, we could kick the cheats as admins. Can't do that anymore and EA obviously isn't doing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to control or combat the hacks. Waste of my money to continue with anything related to BF or EA!!!!
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    evriviadis wrote: »
    cheaters and admins ruin every game man.they both cover eachother.we know this story very well.i hope ea should something about this

You can do something about this too.
This discussion has been closed.