Each Day BFV gets more like COD - Dices Vision Of Objective Squad Play Failed

Up2you2011
77 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 1
Bunny Jumping
Excessive Camping - LMG / MMG
Zerging
People sitting in Tanks All Game

The game was initially fine at launch whether its an influx of COD Gun and Runners but the tone of the game
has definitely changed for the worse !

BTW - The Man with the most intelligent conversation on what the game needs is Brokenmachine - His Video is spot on
and if somebody of his class and skill is having issues with the game camping etc, then this game is broken and in trouble

Very Frustrating game to play.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate know it all youtubers dice puts way too much faith in their opinions to their detriment.
  • Up2you2011
    Your wit Tactical is exemplary a rare gift I imagine
  • VoltAmps
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Up2you2011 wrote: »
    Bunny Jumping
    Zerging

The game was initially fine at launch whether its an influx of COD Gun and Runners but the tone of the game

BTW - The Man with the most intelligent conversation on what the game needs is Brokenmachine - His Video is spot on
    and if somebody of his class and skill is having issues with the game camping etc, then this game is broken and in trouble

I don't feel the game is like COD, there was camping in the game in 1942. Any shooter has camping in it and Campers can still be killed they usually don't move so its easy too. Whats wrong with sitting in a tank all game. What if your good in a tank should you just let your self get killed so your not in a tank all game.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 1
    Bunny Jumping
    Zerging

Not wrong with the bunny hoping, camping, zerging and stat padders in tanks.

I do not agree it plays anything like CoD though, polar opposites.

Brokenmachine is full of ****, this guy gets everything wrong - open your eyes and think for yourself.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry dude, but this game does not feel more like cod day by day..and if you think "bunnyhopping" in BFV is annoying, go play BF3/4.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sorry dude, but this game does not feel more like cod day by day..and if you think "bunnyhopping" in BFV is annoying, go play BF3/4.

BF2. With dolphin diving. Although they did patch that quite well.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bunny Jumping
    Zerging

Dude, ever tried the guns? This IS Call of Duty gunplay. It's horrible.
  • Up2you2011
    Did it mention anywhere all at once? Its a view taken across all modes / maps and at different times. Some of you just like to be argumentative for arguments sake.. Dark Days...and Sad Ones and I see your American ah well.. Enough Said :)
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did it mention anywhere all at once? Its a view taken across all modes / maps and at different times. Some of you just like to be argumentative for arguments sake.. Dark Days...and Sad Ones and I see your American ah well.. Enough Said :)

You tried to insult him for being an American but failed to use YOU'RE correctly. Well Done!

This game feels nothing like COD. All of the things you mentioned have been in the BF for a long time. You can go back and watch old episodes of Battlefield Friends and they pretty much tackle each one of these problems.

Until COD introduces destructible environments, vehicles, and larger maps than one city block they should never be compared.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No more jumping. No more sitting in one spot. No more moving around. No more tanks.

Gotcha. We'll petition DICE to get rid of all those things so it's not too CoD for you.
  • ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not like cod but it’s the closest it’s ever been
  • aseveredfoot
    2446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't seen zergs since they tried TTK 2.0.

COD doesn't have vehicles you can actually drive, does it? You just sit in it and use its gun for a minute right?

Why is COD the BF community scapegoat for everything? Half my friends came to bf1 from COD and they are some of the most competent, aggressive players I know, as well as the most chill.

And as for tactical squad play: it would have been a thing in the game if the community hadn't complained so hard about the OG attrition in the beta and get Dice to up the ammo way too much. There is no reason for tactical play now. It's just spammy with a bunch of frustrating animations.

About as tactical as I ever play: "Hey, friend, I'm gonna run in and get shot by an assault player hiding in the darkest corner he could find, then you run in, kill him while he's reloading and revive me"
  • Noodlesocks
    2753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game wasn't fine at launch. It was as bad as it is now but people have discovered over time how bad it really was. Dice made a fair attempt at slowing the game down with the removal of 3D spotting but for some reason they made players move so fast and with no momentum, didn't implement the movement fixes from BF1 and added a bunch of perks to help reduce movement and recoil penalties. All of which now accumulates into an even faster paced run and gun experience than Battlefield has probably ever been.
  • CHEFARZT1
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly BF has become a brainless twitch shooter, which is exactly what CoD is. So yeah OP is pretty much right.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plug BF4 back in, people play entire games in Tanks and LAVs because that is how they want to play, nothing will change that except removing the tanks and then it's not Battlefield. There are far too many campers though, always too many campers, since the dawn of time, too many campers.
  • ackers75
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CHEFARZT1 wrote: »
    Honestly BF has become a brainless twitch shooter, which is exactly what CoD is. So yeah OP is pretty much right.

Yeah think you nailed it.
    It’s very much turned into a twitch shooter and has lost a bit of weightiness it used to have
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does any of the points you mentioned have ANYTHING to do with CoD?
    And why do you mention that nonsense when there are MUCH worse problems that cause this game to not be as fun as it could be?
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bunny Jumping
    Zerging

Battlefield 3 is when battlefield jumped to Cod mode. If you played battlefield 2, you'd understand this.