Is it worth purchasing?

Tovarisch_Maxim
137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Honestly, watching some battlefield V video, it looks pretty fun to play.

However, the problem is the reputation the game got.

Is it worth to purchase do you think?

Comments

• grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Worth it at a discounted price, sure, but worth it at the full preorder price I paid... I'm not so sure yet.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you do decide to purchase it do NOT buy it at full price and by all means do NOT buy the Deluxe Edition - it's total waste of money.

Personally I'd wait until Firestorm comes out, flops, and then see whether they actually intend to support the game long-term.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't do it, I only play it because there's no other similar shooters like it unfortunately, and yeah don't get deluxe it's a scam.
  • SirBobdk
    4749 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo no one can answer that question for you. We dont know what kind of gameplay you prefer.
    You have to try the game and make your own judgement. My own openion is that its one of the worse BF game made in terms of map design, lack of vehicle play, unbalanced weapons/clases and massive amount of bugs.
  • Bundesfinanzamt
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    apex is free to play and by far the better game. Don't get baited by all the available vehicles. They are extremely bad balanced and therefore almost non existent. If you want a game with focus on combined arms combat buy BF4. If you are simply looking for a shooter download apex for free.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apparently the game is so awful numerous people feel compelled to lurk in the forums to save others from a terrible fate! Snort!

As Kashik1985 said, it will really come down to what you're looking for in a game. There's times I find it very frustrating, but overall I'm having a ball with it and look forward to all the good things to come.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kashik1985 wrote: »

The impression you might get from louder and more active forum members may be that it's a terrible failure of a game. It's true that people got burned on pre-orders, and those like myself paid full price only for heavy discounts to happen days later. But the reality is that BFV is a good game. It may not be a great BF, but by no means is it a bad one.

Considering you are looking at buying it now, obviously you won't be paying full price. The value you would get out of this game makes it a no brainer if you enjoy BF type games. Get it.

'If you enjoy BF type games' thing is this game couldn't be anymore different from other battlefield games, with the terrible vehicle gameplay and unbalanced classes and weapons and no new content in sight except garbage BR I would say imo this isn't a good battlefield game not even close. And don't forget DICE and their stupid changes just for the sake of change.
  • CSO7777
    1603 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you play mainly infantry then this is a good BF-game, it's focused around infantry and the gun-play is perhaps the best in any BF-game

The game still has a lot of minor bugs and issues in general, but if you have played older BF-titles you will be used to that.

The number of maps are a little low, but we are still only 4 months into the games life-cycle.

At reduced price the game will be a good buy.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The impression you might get from louder and more active forum members may be that it's a terrible failure of a game. It's true that people got burned on pre-orders, and those like myself paid full price only for heavy discounts to happen days later. But the reality is that BFV is a good game. It may not be a great BF, but by no means is it a bad one.

Considering you are looking at buying it now, obviously you won't be paying full price. The value you would get out of this game makes it a no brainer if you enjoy BF type games. Get it.

'If you enjoy BF type games' thing is this game couldn't be anymore different from other battlefield games, with the terrible vehicle gameplay and unbalanced classes and weapons and no new content in sight except garbage BR I would say imo this isn't a good battlefield game not even close. And don't forget DICE and their stupid changes just for the sake of change.

The simple fact that classes and weapons are unbalanced should make it more of a BF game 😂

Really, I feel like some people want this game to fail because it wasn't what they expected or wanted. Just because the game isn't as you expected does not make it a bad game, or any less of a BF game. The title will evolve. It is understandable if this evolution isn't to some people's tastes.
  • NLBartmaN
    4282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you play on PS4: DON'T buy until they fix the Netcode, servers and Sound!

You will rage because of crazy things happening when a 100 plus pinger joins your server ... or at the 64 player gamemodes ...

Also: if you like BF because of the vehicles, DON'T buy, you will be annoyed and disappointed ...

Next: if you want to have shoot outs and crazy battles and time to react: DON'T buy, you will instant die 9 out of 10 times before you can see or hear the enemy

Last: if you "like" WW2 and war "vibes": DON'T buy, it does NOT feel like WW2 ...

If you can "ignore" these things ... maybe buy ... but then there are others games that might be more interesting ...
  • ackers75
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    If you like dying from one bullet constantly or love being shot behind cover then this is the game for you!

In all honesty if you can Swap a bag of peanuts and a can of Pepsi for the game it’s a bad swap.

It’s more fun sticking needles in your eyes than playing this
  • misisipiRivrRat
    993 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ultimately it is up to you. I hated the open beta but bought it anyway. My mistake. If I hadn't played past bf games I'd probably enjoy it more.
    I've heard people say it is alot like swbf but I couldn't say because I never owned it. But while at a friends last night I asked him to play a few matches. My opinion is there are definitely similarities in looks, style, etc. It is made by the same studio so. Anyway good luck.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, but no way at EA's imaginary retail price of 55 pounds or your regional equivalent.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    160 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    200 hours in and I'm still enjoying it.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    If you like dying from one bullet constantly or love being shot behind cover then this is the game for you!

Man, how many times are you dying per round? 😂
  • ackers75
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

Man, how many times are you dying per round? 😂

Too many!
    I don’t even bother running for cover anymore as it’s just a waste of bandwidth telling the server my position.
    9ms ping and it might as well be 900ms
  • TropicPoison

The simple fact that classes and weapons are unbalanced should make it more of a BF game 😂

Really, I feel like some people want this game to fail because it wasn't what they expected or wanted. Just because the game isn't as you expected does not make it a bad game, or any less of a BF game. The title will evolve. It is understandable if this evolution isn't to some people's tastes.

'Evolve' that's laughable if that's what you think BFV is thinking it's some high achievement in this series really? lol.

I guess that's why people at DICE keep jumping ship and leaving because this game is doing so well, and it's a big joke that DICE think that their battle royale crap is going to blow the others out of the water and save this game, where's all the updates about future content and everything else? I hope you don't think the battlefield series adding battle royale crap is it 'evolving' lol.
  • ackers75
    I suggest you have a look at some other games op.
    There’s plenty of other games out there to play that are of a much higher quality than battlefield v and some are even free!