What Happened to Sector Artillery and Smoke Squad Reinforcements?

Ameriken05
383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
These were announced at the beginning of Chapter 2 but no word on when they will actually hit the game? Did I miss an announcement or something or did DICE just go radio silence on these particular items?

Also - what are the chances we get both the Greece map and Firestorm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (end of March) or rather have their release drawn out over 3 months starting in March?

Comments

  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was good to see this "Operation Sunrise" announcement - looks like DICE is committing to delivering special things for BFV and try to deliver the content we all crave. Looking forward to hearing more news on the roadmap in the coming weeks as they hinted...
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.

    It could be useful if it wasn't too glitchy. Right now there is way too many instances where medics don't clear the area before trying to revive. At least with a drag mechanic they could relocate someone to "safety" before attempting to revive. Still pretty dangerous and likely to get you killed if you don't check the area first, but could maybe be useful in an open area...
  • barnesalmighty2
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.

    It could be useful if it wasn't too glitchy. Right now there is way too many instances where medics don't clear the area before trying to revive. At least with a drag mechanic they could relocate someone to "safety" before attempting to revive. Still pretty dangerous and likely to get you killed if you don't check the area first, but could maybe be useful in an open area...

    Or more likely be used to troll people by dragging them into water, fire away from everyone etc....
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.

    It could be useful if it wasn't too glitchy. Right now there is way too many instances where medics don't clear the area before trying to revive. At least with a drag mechanic they could relocate someone to "safety" before attempting to revive. Still pretty dangerous and likely to get you killed if you don't check the area first, but could maybe be useful in an open area...

    Or more likely be used to troll people by dragging them into water, fire away from everyone etc....

    Ha so cynical. I'm not sure that would be any more a problem than medics reviving you in terrible spots or friendlies popping smoke in front of everyone for no reason, or taking vehicles off the map and/or handing them to the other team. It happens of course - but not too many trolls out there thankfully...
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    These were announced at the beginning of Chapter 2 but no word on when they will actually hit the game? Did I miss an announcement or something or did DICE just go radio silence on these particular items?

    Also - what are the chances we get both the Greece map and Firestorm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (end of March) or rather have their release drawn out over 3 months starting in March?

    Well they are part of next weeks ToW, so they kind of have to come on Tuesday.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    These were announced at the beginning of Chapter 2 but no word on when they will actually hit the game? Did I miss an announcement or something or did DICE just go radio silence on these particular items?

    Also - what are the chances we get both the Greece map and Firestorm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (end of March) or rather have their release drawn out over 3 months starting in March?

    Well they are part of next weeks ToW, so they kind of have to come on Tuesday.

    Oh are they part of the ToW assignments? I guess there's the answer then - good work ;)
  • VincentNZ
    2592 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    These were announced at the beginning of Chapter 2 but no word on when they will actually hit the game? Did I miss an announcement or something or did DICE just go radio silence on these particular items?

    Also - what are the chances we get both the Greece map and Firestorm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (end of March) or rather have their release drawn out over 3 months starting in March?

    Well they are part of next weeks ToW, so they kind of have to come on Tuesday.

    Oh are they part of the ToW assignments? I guess there's the answer then - good work ;)

    Yeah you only need to be in the squad by the description. So I guess we will see a lot of smoke on Thursday. :smiley:
  • DigitalHype
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.

    Agreed. Probably will never happen. They've already backpeddled on it in some public statement a couple months ago. Where they changed their toon to "investigating feasibility of soldier dragging". The way the game is currently designed with 64 players and quick TTK, it would provide little value. There are too many players spotting you at all times. The maps are too crowded for this to be effective.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    These were announced at the beginning of Chapter 2 but no word on when they will actually hit the game? Did I miss an announcement or something or did DICE just go radio silence on these particular items?

    Also - what are the chances we get both the Greece map and Firestorm at the beginning of Chapter 3 (end of March) or rather have their release drawn out over 3 months starting in March?

    Well they are part of next weeks ToW, so they kind of have to come on Tuesday.

    Oh are they part of the ToW assignments? I guess there's the answer then - good work ;)

    Yeah you only need to be in the squad by the description. So I guess we will see a lot of smoke on Thursday. :smiley:

    Yeah I like the concept but I can imagine this being a great source of frustration at times - fighting on an objective to suddenly find the entire area concealed by smoke. Could be good, could be bad - glad they are adding more options to squad reinforcements though.
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the point of a 'drag mechanic' when the TTK is like .8 seconds?
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the point of a 'drag mechanic' when the TTK is like .8 seconds?

    I guess it would give a little better option to safely revive a teammate in cover instead of exposing yourself to fire as you wait for the animation to complete. Not sure it would really be beneficial if you are just as likely to get shot while dragging them - but it could add kind of "cool" layer to the experience. I mean I know some people don't even like getting revived and would rather just respawn so...
  • doctorrocktor
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's coming this week i believe.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kinda like the drag mechanic which imo is pointless and will never get implemented into the game. Bad enough doing a squad revive and making yourself a target, dragging someone is just more of the same.

    Agreed. Probably will never happen. They've already backpeddled on it in some public statement a couple months ago. Where they changed their toon to "investigating feasibility of soldier dragging". The way the game is currently designed with 64 players and quick TTK, it would provide little value. There are too many players spotting you at all times. The maps are too crowded for this to be effective.

    You would think they would have investigated the feasibility of it before announcing it as a feature. The fact it was never shown back when they were demoing the game made me think it was likely not gonna happen, and sure enough..
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually wish they'd remove all the garbage "killstreak" stuff. Makes playing defense a real pain, especially if there's only 1 objective. That crap was designed with maybe Conquest in mind, not really other, more static, gamemodes.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I actually wish they'd remove all the garbage "killstreak" stuff. Makes playing defense a real pain, especially if there's only 1 objective. That crap was designed with maybe Conquest in mind, not really other, more static, gamemodes.

    I like them because they reward squads and encourage a group to work together more - they also end up sometimes making the difference in a closely contested game, especially the static modes. From what I've seen in most game modes other than Conquest they tend to not last quite long enough for a whole lot of the squad reinforcements to come into play - and if they do it usually means it's a pretty close match so those call-ins can help tip the balance from a stalemate. Plus not everyone is that effective using them. I hope they continue to expand them, maybe even to some special heavy weapons like mortars, flamethrowers, etc.
Sign In or Register to comment.