Do you still play Boringfield V?

Comments

• EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Nope. I even sold my console.

Wow. What made you do that?

I took a step up in the gaming social standing. I am now a PC gamer/snob. As soon as it's delivered.

so you bought a built system? what did you get?

@Pelliy

No, thank god for all of you PC experts who talked me out of pre-built.

I haven't placed the order yet but very close, as soon as I decide on the cpu. I think I'm set on the GPU. I was considering the RX580 but I want better performance:

Ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 5 2600x
    Aegis 16 GB (2x8)
    GTX1660ti

Eh, prebuilts aren't bad but you have to be educated enough to know what you're looking for and what System Intrgater to trust. I have a couple of friends that have prebuilts and that have lasted awhile. ]

I'd still recommend building yourself even if it does cost a little extra. Building it yourself, you get familar with your parts so you can trouble shoot. You also get longer warrantys. A company might give you 2 years. My motherboard has a five year warranty. My CPU cooler has a five year warranty. My case has a 2 yr warranty and so forth.

but I digress.

Back to more advice, if you don't plan on overclocking, then you don't need a 2600x. If you do plan to overclock, you need a 240mm (or better) liquid cooler or you need a Air cooler that has a large heatsink like the Noctua NH-D15. Both cost around 80-110) depending on when You're looking. at that point, you might as well ask yourself if its worth getting the 2700 over better cooling? lol. just giving you some food for thought.

I still recommend this subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for deals.

If you don't plan on overclocking, I'd say get a b450 motherboard, get a 2600 and that's that.

Thanks. The more info the better. The good folks at r/buildapc and r/buildapcforme are the ones who basically picked out everything for me.

Why would one overclock the 2600x? Isn't it faster than the 2600? I'm definetly not experienced enough so won't be overclocking for sure.

Even if you dont plan on OCing, I would still buy stuff that would allow it. I didnt plan to and wouldnt you know it, im running my 8700k at 5ghz..

Get a decent AIO water cooler (again even if no plans to OC) because I have heard the ryzens get a little warm. I just got a "cheap popular" one. Deepcool captain something or another. Comes prefilled and all for 100 on ebay but there are much cheaper ones. Dont forget case fans.. If you HATE the idea of water in your PC, the 212 evo double fan cooler is an amazing air cooler.. BUT you want all copper on the bottom if its an air cooler. For some reason, some 212s dont have a full copper bottom.

EDIT: I guess I dont mean it has to be full copper.. It needs to be all the same metal. Some have strips that alternate copper/nickle/copper/nickle, thats what you do not want.

Idk, couple tips I guess. Im no expert tho.
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can a mod approve my comment please?
  • Pelliy
    2204 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I took a step up in the gaming social standing. I am now a PC gamer/snob. As soon as it's delivered.

so you bought a built system? what did you get?

@Pelliy

No, thank god for all of you PC experts who talked me out of pre-built.

I haven't placed the order yet but very close, as soon as I decide on the cpu. I think I'm set on the GPU. I was considering the RX580 but I want better performance:

Ryzen 5 2600 or Ryzen 5 2600x
    Aegis 16 GB (2x8)
    GTX1660ti

Eh, prebuilts aren't bad but you have to be educated enough to know what you're looking for and what System Intrgater to trust. I have a couple of friends that have prebuilts and that have lasted awhile. ]

I'd still recommend building yourself even if it does cost a little extra. Building it yourself, you get familar with your parts so you can trouble shoot. You also get longer warrantys. A company might give you 2 years. My motherboard has a five year warranty. My CPU cooler has a five year warranty. My case has a 2 yr warranty and so forth.

but I digress.

Back to more advice, if you don't plan on overclocking, then you don't need a 2600x. If you do plan to overclock, you need a 240mm (or better) liquid cooler or you need a Air cooler that has a large heatsink like the Noctua NH-D15. Both cost around 80-110) depending on when You're looking. at that point, you might as well ask yourself if its worth getting the 2700 over better cooling? lol. just giving you some food for thought.

I still recommend this subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/ for deals.

If you don't plan on overclocking, I'd say get a b450 motherboard, get a 2600 and that's that.

Thanks. The more info the better. The good folks at r/buildapc and r/buildapcforme are the ones who basically picked out everything for me.

Why would one overclock the 2600x? Isn't it faster than the 2600? I'm definetly not experienced enough so won't be overclocking for sure.

Even if you dont plan on OCing, I would still buy stuff that would allow it. I didnt plan to and wouldnt you know it, im running my 8700k at 5ghz..

Get a decent AIO water cooler (again even if no plans to OC) because I have heard the ryzens get a little warm. I just got a "cheap popular" one. Deepcool captain something or another. Comes prefilled and all for 100 on ebay but there are much cheaper ones. Dont forget case fans.. If you HATE the idea of water in your PC, the 212 evo double fan cooler is an amazing air cooler.. BUT you want all copper on the bottom if its an air cooler. For some reason, some 212s dont have a full copper bottom.

Idk, couple tips I guess. Im no expert tho.

I wouldn't advise that. That's like getting an i5 and buying a liquid cooler for it instead of just buying an i7 with a 212 evoair cooler.. I got my EVGA cooler for $80 Bucks. Same cooler as the Corsair H100i RGB, just different branding (asetek makes both of them)

at that point, It would be better for him to invest in a better GPU than it would be to invest in a liquid cooler to squeeze a little performance out of the CPU.

It sounds like he has a budget he has in mind and to get more out of his budget, I personally believe the money he would be spending to get a cooler or a better CPU could be used on a GPU.
  • Pelliy
    Sorry to bother you @ragnarok013 or @LOLGotYerTags but can you approve my comment in this thread?

• SirBobdk
    3922 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2

Welcome to the dark side my young padawan. :smile:
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've quit playing. At this very moment I don't even want to get up to put the game in to see how much time I've put into it. If I had to guess I'd say 30-35 hours? Point being, in past bf's I'd have had many more hours of playing.
    But hey, maybe that's a good thing. Spring is right around the corner. Jeepin weather!
    Also I'm tired of the arguing over this game .And yes, I've taken part in quite a few. But the game is what it is. You either like it or you don't. I honestly don't think there is much Dice can do to make this game great. It has lost too much of the fun I felt in past bf games. Anyway that is only my opinion. Good luck you guys. And lighten up on each other. At least a little bit.

Ever played all the assault guns in those 30-35 hours? It's a great example of how DICE approached this game. Casualfield = Boringfield. Spam semi auto rifles, be 100% accurate without recoil or sway. BORING.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Tminus until you create a hax crythread.

I considered it once about two-three years ago. Didn’t feel like dropping $2,700+ on something that I play five hours over the weekend (without a monitor).

meanwhile the anti cheat thread is 130+ pages.
  • Pelliy

I considered it once about two-three years ago. Didn’t feel like dropping $2,700+ on something that I play five hours over the weekend (without a monitor).

I'd say half of those are people crying and the other is legit. In regards to BF5, it's legit that they took a backstep compared to BF1 but its still playable. It's not at that point where every single game has one but You do tend to run into them more than previous BF1 if that makes sense.

I guess for $2700 You want the best of the best huh? lol I didn't even spend that much on my PC.
  • V2Face
    2648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My main major reasons for not playing this game anymore are:

-Attrition- running to resupply stations at respawn is always fun, DICE.
    -Tanks are garbage outside of camping contested points, resupply stations are way too spaced out to be effective in a prolonged fight for point pushes.
    -Assault is the best class in the game hands down, no real downsides with ammo and health stations. Best way to balance the class is to remove 3x scopes yet DICE won’t do it.
    -Recon and support have autospotting by shooting in the vicinity or landing one hit on an enemy. Why add these caveats when visual spotting has been removed which funny enough means more people are spotted a lot more often now.
    -MMGS for support players is incredibly annoying, can’t ads, extremely situational and made for the worst type of players.

-The game as a whole is very campy, the way players blend into the environment and overall pacing is way too much for me to enjoy. I don’t like to be mowed down by the prone assault or support player hiding away from the objective area. You can keep your hide and shoot, BR/BF simulator, DICE. I’m a big Battlefield fan but this game has done nothing but disappoint.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, still playing and cant wait for more content. The game is fun.

Me too. But you know what I've never done? I've never gone to a forum for a game I've stopped playing and made a show of announcing I don't play that game anymore, that just strikes me as a very self-obsessive, theatrical way to behave.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did install bf4 again and played a few matches. I did have fun but I realized how much I hated all of the lock on weapons.
    Still holding out for bfv to get it together but haven't played much at all.

When I see a BFV tanker or MAA driver sitting in his spawn farming infantry kills I wish I could briefly import the Javelin into BFV and leave that little camper trying to figure out what just turned his crutch into scrap metal.
  • grrlpurple
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Boring isn't the problem for me, I don't bore easily with games. Netcode and lag compensation is the problem though. I'm so sick of being punished for having a fast and stable connection when high pingers are on the server. I start shooting paper bullets and get constant one frame deaths. It's driving me away from the game more than anything else.
  • flatrock101
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm down to playing once a week now, usually on sunday

Bf1 i just didn't like the way it played much and Bf5 doesn't

Inspire me to play much either it seems the fun has gone

the camaraderie is missing, i hope it gets turned around.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, still playing and cant wait for more content. The game is fun.

Me too. But you know what I've never done? I've never gone to a forum for a game I've stopped playing and made a show of announcing I don't play that game anymore, that just strikes me as a very self-obsessive, theatrical way to behave.

People who aren't playing anymore aren't necessarily done with the game. Many of us who aren't playing at the moment, or haven't been playing for the past few weeks or months are still hopeful that the game will improve and actually become a fun experience. Hence why some of us stay active on the forums.
  • DigitalHype
    734 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'd say half of those are people crying and the other is legit. In regards to BF5, it's legit that they took a backstep compared to BF1 but its still playable. It's not at that point where every single game has one but You do tend to run into them more than previous BF1 if that makes sense.

I guess for $2700 You want the best of the best huh? lol I didn't even spend that much on my PC.

Don't forget about the cheaters you can't easily determine unless you spectate. I've been spectating more lately. Seeing quite a large number of wallhack users. You can configure the specator UI to show you the players view of the battlefield (so you know if they have someone spotted or supressed spotted). At the same time, your spectator minimap shows both team's players locations.
    -
    I'm seeing a large number of players who end up tracking the players they should have no way of knowing the location (they aren't spotted for them). Also players that are trying to hide it 90% of the time, but end up slipping up 10% of the time, and track them for short periods or run right toward the location of those enemy players on your spectator minimap.
    -
    Also seeing players who look like they are playing normal with an assault rifle or lmg for awhile. But, then they switch loadout to a bolt-action and suddenly go on a short spree where they are god's, making 5 or 10 repeated, instant reaction time, insane headshots. They scope in almost right to target head and shoot h/s in less than 10ms. Where just earlier with the AR or LMG, that same player had a natural ADS then adjust to target a bit and start shooting. They are clearly toggling the cheat.
    -
    To someone who isn't spectating, these players have good (but not rage-level stats), and could appear as high-skill players. But, observe carefully as a spectator and you see they aren't 100% clean.
    -
    Then there are those guys that go really high k/d like 50:3 in a realtively short period. Outpacing everyone else by far. And, you spectate them. Immediately after or shortly after they slow way down. Symptoms of people with cheats that notify them they are being spectated.
    -
    The stealth cheaters are real issues. And the amount of them is higher than previous titles and probably higher than you think.

• KitCatChunky
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why is there not a tool to track the player count for bf5 like bf1? Is it because the numbers s*ck and EA is censoring it?
  • bavneet7
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why is there not a tool to track the player count for bf5 like bf1? Is it because the numbers s*ck and EA is censoring it?

Numbers suck lmao.. the game flopped big time
  • NowhereManPG
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    @topic

Nah, I stopped playing a couple days ago. Cracked the 100 hour mark but right now I'm done with this empty **** game. Might come back in a year or two when DICE has finished this game though.
    Post edited by NowhereManPG on
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played for an hour or two today and realised why I had pretty much forgotten about the game.
    Generic shooter with the most ridiculous netcode ever seen!
  • Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Uninstalled 2 days ago, never gonna pick it up again. The game proved to be a extreme failure thanks to political correct marketing and lazy development and maintenance.
    I wish Dice and EA all the bad, hope you goes bankrupt. You are nothing but thieves and lies.