Weekly Debrief

wen will visibility bee fixed?

idk1233211
632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2
still getting killed from enemies rediciuously close to me that i cant see

Comments

• hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Get glasses, you might have hyperopia
  • trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    It will be improved in BF6. Crosses fingers. HOpefully. Maybe. It could be. Never know. KNock on wood. Prays. Who am I kidding. Graphics will be even more detailed. STuff will even harder to see. And I'll be 2 yrs older. Ah well.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well they made a feedback thread, i'll assume thats about all they will do
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get where this visibility issue is coming from I have never had any visibility problems.
    I recently tried MW remaster and really struggled to see campers there strangely.
  • Oneeyedramb0
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just my opinion....i think was adjusted too far. Aerodrome is a good example. Green British uniforms seems to glow and almost every German is in very light grey which stands out.

Almost without fail, when killed by someone I didn’t see it was my fault for running too fast and not paying attention. Camo and shadows SHOULD matter.

This from a guy with less clarity in one eye from a detached retina.
  • idk1233211
    632 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    im not all against it, i think its a good thing not seeing enemies, but up close is a bit silly, distance wise, thats acceptable.

hell even give snipers new assignments to unlock better camouflages
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just my opinion....i think was adjusted too far. Aerodrome is a good example. Green British uniforms seems to glow and almost every German is in very light grey which stands out.

Almost without fail, when killed by someone I didn’t see it was my fault for running too fast and not paying attention. Camo and shadows SHOULD matter.

did you actually play BF5 or you just make this stuff up?
    Your own example of aerodrom, just go into the barracks. It's a bright day and you cant see jack in there especially in corners.
    **** I can see people outdoors in a bit of moonlight in real life....
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

did you actually play BF5 or you just make this stuff up?
    Your own example of aerodrom, just go into the barracks. It's a bright day and you cant see jack in there especially in corners.
    **** I can see people outdoors in a bit of moonlight in real life....

I agree with him, personally I don't see how the glow that enemies get isn't already enough for visibility aid.

When I see people complaining about not seeing enemies "right in front of them", I have to assume they are over exaggerating or are at fault for lack of awareness.

Bf does seem to have lighting issues at times, at least with hdr, but I can't say it's ever caused me to not see enemies directly in front of me or even near me.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Soldiers hiding the best they can in the environment to elude the enemy - isn't this what happens in a **** war? Honestly I fear for the next bf game dice will make it glowing armour amongst flat saturated blocks to appease these numpties in bfv that appear to be so used to last gen graphics they can't handle anymore detail.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Epthy wrote: »
    still getting killed from enemies rediciuously close to me that i cant see

They made it so it's easier to see enemies further away than close up. That was their solution to the visibility problem. Who does that favor? Medium and long range weapon holders.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Soldiers hiding the best they can in the environment to elude the enemy - isn't this what happens in a **** war? Honestly I fear for the next bf game dice will make it glowing armour amongst flat saturated blocks to appease these numpties in bfv that appear to be so used to last gen graphics they can't handle anymore detail.

Some people are using this in their driver hacks and killing me a lot with it.
  • ackers75
    2395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It’s a “game”
    Do you also think medics ran around in ww2 with a super syringe and revived dead players or maybe they tossed med packs to patch friends up.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

It’s a “game”
    Do you also think medics ran around in ww2 with a super syringe and revived dead players or maybe they tossed med packs to patch friends up.

Well they were injecting morphine and handing out field dressing so I'd say the "game" has emulated this well. Just like soldiers being able to seek not only cover, but also concealment within the environment. Imo this adds depth.
  • Hawxxeye
    5602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So this is fine?

• Toxic_CA
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My god I swear it's like everyone who plays this game is going blind or something.
  • Hawxxeye
    5602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    My god I swear it's like everyone who plays this game is going blind or something.
    Did you saw the guy on the doorway in the video above then?
  • TFBisquit
    1643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I find the overall visibility has improved, there are moments enemies are in full shadow, or plain black. That doesn't seem right to me.
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    While I find the overall visibility has improved, there are moments enemies are in full shadow, or plain black. That doesn't seem right to me.
    This is the biggest problem I have with visibility. Somehow their shadows and lighting are strange. I even had that in an electric tram on Rotterdam. There was still one enemy around a flag, we didn't find him. I jumped through that destroyed tram twice and only saw the enemy the second time. You have a bit of shadow in there but the soldier is already so dark that he doesn't stick out much anymore.
    The rest of the visibility issues just comes with the chaotic gameplay and the short instakill ttk, at least for me. You simply have not enough time to spot enemies when you are dead in a mere second already.