Re-Nerf the AP mines.

SneakingPillow
57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

Comments

• fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So mines should basically only warn players that an enemy stepped on it?
  • Noodlesocks
    2656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree that it should be two to kill. There was nothing wrong with that, nobody complained that they were underpowered. you can carry two and place three. There was nothing wrong with them before.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can disarm those mines if you are careful plus everyone tends to put em in the same places as a rule so easy to avoid.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Conversely keeping AP mines as they are makes staying alive "skill based and down to reaction timing," not to mention hones situational awareness on the Battlefield. Nowt wrong with AP mines.

• Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think AP mines are always OHK, unlike the Tripwire bomb and claymore from past titles that seemed to always be OHK. It is fair that one AP mine is capable of killing a player, even more so since you spawn with one. Also, they are given to (arguably) the two weakest classes in the game so it's not like they don't come with trade offs. The AP mines seem to have a slight glow to them, kinda like the ammo pouches. I don't know what else you could do to increase visibility...maybe custom skins? Hey, that's not a bad idea.
  • SneakingPillow
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    For the people saying 'lol, just look where you're going' I ask you why. Why do I have to look and inspect each bloody pebble and slight glow on the ground in fear my kill streak ends? or how about when I just spawn in, run to grab some ammo and - Surprise! A random AP mine kills you.
    It doesn't OHK you if you run around a corner, or some other situations but most of the time its open ground or behind cover. It can also kill you if you run over top of it and keep on running hoping to get away.

When I use those, I should not be able to get a triple kill by placing 1 of those down. even still, I should be able to duck and cover to avoid the blast, even if to negate some of the damage.
    They should have ways to counter (ducking/Prone)
    or they should have no 1 shot capabilities
    or they should have a easier way to find them (Not gonna happen, as historically they were nasty buggers to find.)

I'm not asking for all of those changes, just 1 would be nice.

In past games, explosives like claymores and bouncing bettys had ways to be seen or countered, like the red lasers or the wires... but not these.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They could use a slight blerf is all. Cover people in blue dye like a bank robbery so we can see who almost died from an AP mine but got lucky.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the people saying 'lol, just look where you're going' I ask you why. Why do I have to look and inspect each bloody pebble and slight glow on the ground in fear my kill streak ends?

I am 60 , from what ur typing here ur under 18 and not allouwd to play this game.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    You can either keep an eye out for mines, or risk stepping on one.... making it so they only tickle you is basically ridiculous. Seems like they take about 2 to guarantee a kill anyhow though.

The real question is, why shouldn't you have to stay vigilant and focused on your surroundings in order to stay alive?

Imo the AP mines stand out more than AT mines due to their shape. They just seem to poke out of the floor so much more, not to mention the shine/glow they have.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    I don't know what else you could do to increase visibility...maybe custom skins? Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Get your AP mine camo now, just 50,000 CC!
  • Hawxxeye
    5198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For the people saying 'lol, just look where you're going' I ask you why. Why do I have to look and inspect each bloody pebble and slight glow on the ground in fear my kill streak ends?
    Nothing in the game stands out more than the AP mines.
    They are a damn standing cylinder with spikes for pete's sake.
    Even when they get me they do not do enough damage to kill me outright unless I was badly injured or someone put several of them next to each other.
    I almost never use AP mines myself cause I consider them a very inefficient gadget that is more likely to get me killed while setting them up than not or to prevent me from using better gadgets.
    Would you want to carry those Tiny AP mines or powerful AT mines that can cost the enemy a precious tank or a multipurpose launcher that can kill people, break walls and damage vehicles? OR maybe you do not prefer a spawn beacon that can allow you to get more kills by spawning in a better place than without the beacon?
  • maskedocelot
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got killed by them a bunch yesterday and as more people notice the change I can see this getting a lot more annoying/becoming more of a problem. I much prefer them as a high damage warning rather than a leave and forget OHK gadget.