Weekly BF

No community support, no platoons, no RSP, no decent co-op mode but we get BR!

2»

Comments

• Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Your franchise is dying, sales are backing this up for this iteration. The next iteration of BF may be the very last one if it fails again. Nobody wants this. Please, just please, look at your playerbase, listen to them and take their advice. YOU NAILED IT with BF1 marketing but failed on the community side by doing half-work. Now you failed on both.

We need someone like you to do a survey of a lot of the gaming groups/clans/platoons, to see how many people are happy or unhappy with this situation, and what they might do, as groups.

I can try and come up with something if wanted. Ill start sharing some ideas soon in the RSP discord.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Your franchise is dying, sales are backing this up for this iteration. The next iteration of BF may be the very last one if it fails again. Nobody wants this. Please, just please, look at your playerbase, listen to them and take their advice. YOU NAILED IT with BF1 marketing but failed on the community side by doing half-work. Now you failed on both.

We need someone like you to do a survey of a lot of the gaming groups/clans/platoons, to see how many people are happy or unhappy with this situation, and what they might do, as groups.

I can try and come up with something if wanted. Ill start sharing some ideas soon in the RSP discord.

Why waste your time? They don't care.
  • Rombibombii
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    alienstout wrote: »

Why waste your time? They don't care.

Read again for who this is :) This is a survey among ourselves.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    RSP is the main issue for me at the moment also. If not RSP then preferably a return to 3rd party server rental which is even more unlikely to ever happen.

I think EA have walked themselves into a completely self slapping argument with the introduction of RSP in BF1. I totally get why they wanted it but it was poorly implemented and admin tools were even basic ones were omitted! Stupid!

Now there's also the argument they wanted a pure BF experience, I can get that and I probably support it mostly. But why omit and restrict basic functions from the admin toolset that wouldn't interfere with the pure experience of BF! More Stupid!

So now they have the pure BF experience but no option for server rental nor likely to because well it seems the bottom line (ie Dollar) isn't going to make it worth their while. They have also seemingly hamstrung any option of 3rd party servers also in the midst of all this while they figure out how to make RSP profitable. More Stupid!

Solution. Release RSP and charge reasonable prices for it along with the admin tools that BF1 lacked. Other than that just let go of the reins and allow 3rd party rental somehow.

The lack of admin tools in BF1 wasn't an accident, those tools were removed deliberately because EA didn't want server operators to have full control, that's why they made it so server control plugins no longer work. They even choked off the supply of data to third-party stats sites admins used to detect hack users. EA doesn't want anyone dealing with cheaters but them, and they don't want server renters customizing servers no matter how popular those servers are. They want BF to be like McDonalds, the Big Mac tastes exactly the same whether you're in a McD. in Atlanta or Tokyo or Madrid, all the same.

I'm entirely convinced EA is doing this to keep BF games from having long lifespans and they know clans and rented servers will keep a game going longer than EA wants. When BF6 releases they want you buying the new game, not playing an old one. What is amazing is that they can't figure out how to make money on more than one BF game at a time. McDonalds didn't drop the Big Mac when they introduced the Filet-O-Fish, they'll happily sell you one on Monday and the other on Tuesday. EA hasn't figured out how to do something like that yet, so they're going to intentionally limit the lifespan of games to push us into buying new games.

Players care about games, corporations care about profits, and they don't always see the best way to make money (that's the funny part).

I think a major flaw by EA is they not trying to sell this game anymore . Their sales team and management is clueless and should all be dismissed . Why would you spend all this money on an incomplete game . Then just count on the roll out sales numbers . Why wouldn't they want to sell this game next year ? You could make a LOT of money by polishing the game up , offer rental servers , and implement a real anti cheat . The word would spread and sales would go up . What do I know ?
  • Rombibombii
    The fact that even the micro transactions are now delayed and Firestorm is likely to be delayed too is just another piece of proof that this game is already "Game Over"
  • Rombibombii
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    RSP is the main issue for me at the moment also. If not RSP then preferably a return to 3rd party server rental which is even more unlikely to ever happen.

I think EA have walked themselves into a completely self slapping argument with the introduction of RSP in BF1. I totally get why they wanted it but it was poorly implemented and admin tools were even basic ones were omitted! Stupid!

Now there's also the argument they wanted a pure BF experience, I can get that and I probably support it mostly. But why omit and restrict basic functions from the admin toolset that wouldn't interfere with the pure experience of BF! More Stupid!

So now they have the pure BF experience but no option for server rental nor likely to because well it seems the bottom line (ie Dollar) isn't going to make it worth their while. They have also seemingly hamstrung any option of 3rd party servers also in the midst of all this while they figure out how to make RSP profitable. More Stupid!

Solution. Release RSP and charge reasonable prices for it along with the admin tools that BF1 lacked. Other than that just let go of the reins and allow 3rd party rental somehow.

The lack of admin tools in BF1 wasn't an accident, those tools were removed deliberately because EA didn't want server operators to have full control, that's why they made it so server control plugins no longer work. They even choked off the supply of data to third-party stats sites admins used to detect hack users. EA doesn't want anyone dealing with cheaters but them, and they don't want server renters customizing servers no matter how popular those servers are. They want BF to be like McDonalds, the Big Mac tastes exactly the same whether you're in a McD. in Atlanta or Tokyo or Madrid, all the same.

I'm entirely convinced EA is doing this to keep BF games from having long lifespans and they know clans and rented servers will keep a game going longer than EA wants. When BF6 releases they want you buying the new game, not playing an old one. What is amazing is that they can't figure out how to make money on more than one BF game at a time. McDonalds didn't drop the Big Mac when they introduced the Filet-O-Fish, they'll happily sell you one on Monday and the other on Tuesday. EA hasn't figured out how to do something like that yet, so they're going to intentionally limit the lifespan of games to push us into buying new games.

Players care about games, corporations care about profits, and they don't always see the best way to make money (that's the funny part).

I think a major flaw by EA is they not trying to sell this game anymore . Their sales team and management is clueless and should all be dismissed . Why would you spend all this money on an incomplete game . Then just count on the roll out sales numbers . Why wouldn't they want to sell this game next year ? You could make a LOT of money by polishing the game up , offer rental servers , and implement a real anti cheat . The word would spread and sales would go up . What do I know ?

EA' sales department and investors are just short sighted, that is the issue.

Games like this are sometimes games that need to mature just like Rainbow Six Siege did and Destiny 2. Games that had launches that were simply worrying in many ways including longevity. Yet both games have seen their playerbase increase after years. Rainbow Six Siege is now a top tier game but has been overhauled big time. This must've costed Ubisoft an incredible amount of money but it has proven worth for them. It was a gamble for them, Ubisoft gambled and won. Blizzard is now pulling sort off the same gamble here but on a bigger scale, they got Destiny 2 back under their control. Away from Activision. They saw Activision as a problem, a business that only looked at profit numbers in short ranges. This had hurt Destiny 2 and we all remember the massive outcry over the way DLC was offered and priced.

If there's a Destiny 3 coming I am already curious on how Blizzard is going to act here.

It's just things that are simple that are unwanted. As I just wrote in another post. Companies no longer dare to invest, Apex Legends is actual proof of this as EA just didn't want to and was highly hesitant. Eventually they went for it but on a small scale. One week after launch and the 10 million player count EA backed a tournament on Twitch with prizemoney because they saw what they suddenly could gain. Just a piece of proof on EA' greed and well, stupidity.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sorry to break this to you bro, but we never had full control of servers, esp ranked. yes there was things we could change, but there was a lot we couldn't. A simple Procon with limited control would be all then need to do. Items that can't be changed would remained locked or grayed out.

I complained a lot about BF1. Even said i would not buy another BF game. Shame on me

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA won't give us RSP, which is what players who have been willing to pay for battlefield games as a service for over a decade want.

But it will give us battle royal , which is the polar opposite of battlefield gameplay. And in a WW2 setting, when the appeal is what exactly?

They are too dumb to even figure out how to make money anymore. They'll pat themselves on the back for Apex, a rework of a four year old engine, but they'll never understand why it worked I suspect.

I suspect a big part of the reason why is that the studio that made it was only recently bought out by EA, and probably isn't entirely contaminated by EA middle management yet. EA has a strong habit of assuming all 'gamers' are equal, and that they will swap a product for another mindlessly. Which isn't totally invalid... but if you believe that then you believe a franchise branding has no value either. Which is rather stupid.

Well said. The dead hand of EA management has had a dozen years to wear down DICE and inspire the brighter folks there to move on, but as EA has only owned Respawn about a year that studio still has life in it and apparently was able to come up with a good game despite being owned by EA. That will change of course, it always does, the Borg Collective assimilates and creativity dies.

Just because a company was well-run enough in the past to make tons of money and become very big doesn't mean the current management knows what it is doing. That EA is trying to turn the BF series into short-lifespan console-style disposable games because that fits their current business model doesn't mean that is a smart thing to do. PUBG is largely a PC platform game and they've sold fifty million copies, how has that escaped the attention of EA management?

If there is a BF6 I don't think I'll be buying it at launch, especially if Live Service is how it will be run. If it turns out to be a good game then I might buy it, but that might require a new design studio to do what DICE Sweden seems to be unable to do anymore (at least on the tight budget EA has imposed on them in BFV).

"They are too dumb to even figure out how to make money anymore." Absolutely, you nailed it, they think that to make money on a new game they first have to kill their old game, it is a breathtakingly short-sighted and foolish way to run a business. They could still be selling me DLC for BF4, me and I bet a million other players, but they can't see that. I'm still having fun in BFV, but it's obvious it will never come close to the scale of BF4 which ended up with 33 maps--BFV will be lucky to get half that many.