Battle royale - take notes

woba42
41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I really hope they don't mess battle royale up cuz i think it could be top 3 ever, with it's destruction etc... They should look at have apex has done it. The communication between characters, fast looting, respawning (although i don't think this would go well with BF enviroment, but still), and so on... One more thing, it's march, do you even believe that battle royale will come in march like they said it will?

Comments

• TheyHaveScissors
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 3
    Imagine PUBG. Now imagine guns with no recoil or sway with a really fast TTK/TTD.

Frustrating and boring? You bet. Firestorm will fail if it has BF5 gunplay.
    Post edited by TheyHaveScissors on
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imagine PUBG. Now imagine guns with no recoil or sway with a really fast TTK/TTD.

Frustrating and boring? You bet. Firestorm will fail it it has BF5 gunplay.

I would imagine they'll tune the balance in terms of damage so that it's not quite so quick to kill people. At least I hope so...
    I'm quite looking forward to Firestorm - hopefully they can pull it off and it's fun and not frustrating to play (or at least no more than any other BR games, as they can be inherently frustrating). I think the communication system within the squads could be pretty good - seeing as you can mark areas already, and then they could do something with the communications rose (perhaps similar to how Fortnite does it, with the 'ask for ammo/health/weapons' etc.
    (As a side note - I believe TTD is more to do with netcode, as in how many frames it takes you to die. Idk - it might just be that that gets thrown around a lot when talking about netcode, but I think it's more about client-side stuff than weapon balance)
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention the fact that there is NO anticheat or Dice is just ignoring there isn't a problem with their game. This one issue will just ruin the game mode.
  • woba42
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well ofcourse they'll need to balance TTK a bit. Another throw off for me is squad only, i love to play duos. So i hope they change that too but don't know how since there will be vehicles etc...
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to mention the fact that there is NO anticheat or Dice is just ignoring there isn't a problem with their game. This one issue will just ruin the game mode.

They have quite publicly acknowledged that there is a problem. However, anticheat only really works for stuff that affects the numbers I believe - so if you've got a macro to make the M1A1 an auto weapon, there's nothing that can really be done as there's no proof (even if it's obvious to a player) as the semi-auto RoF limit is reachable through manual fire. Same with overlays like ESL and stuff (wallhacks and the like) - there isn't a way to detec it really, as it doesn't alter anything in the game client.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    woba42 wrote: »
    I really hope they don't mess battle royale up cuz i think it could be top 3 ever, with it's destruction etc... They should look at have apex has done it. The communication between characters, fast looting, respawning (although i don't think this would go well with BF enviroment, but still), and so on... One more thing, it's march, do you even believe that battle royale will come in march like they said it will?

Do I believe the BR mode will come in March? I believe that we may be playing Firestorm in less then 3 weeks. YouTubers already got their invites to go and play/test the game. I think they test at the end of next week.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take notes how many people already sit in dark corners for half the game and remember to check your dark corners if you play firestorm because that is where people will be sitting... for half the game.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Take notes how many people already sit in dark corners for half the game and remember to check your dark corners if you play firestorm because that is where people will be sitting... for half the game.

Firestorm will have a ring of well... fire, that will keep the players moving. It's not as easy to camp in BR games.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So when is this gonna be released?? Have they said yet? I think they said march but..?
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    So when is this gonna be released?? Have they said yet? I think they said march but..?

There has been no official release date set yet. But as I said, the YouTubers have already been invited to play it, so it wont be long.
  • woba42
    Yea just watched Westie's video he said he is going to Sweden to play Firestorm on 12th of March...
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    I hope we get a launch or gameplay deep dive trailer sometime this week. :wink: