DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• Wonkenstein
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Wonkenstein

help.ea.com

'Does not qualify for a refund at this time.'

I am currently telling everyone I know that plays games not to buy this title. I will never buy another EA game. They aren't even trying to fix this. Every. Single. Game. I have played in the last few days has been dominated by aimbots. Today, for the first time in a long time, I got to experience someone with a wall hack.

Waste of money. DO NOT BUY EA GAMES. DO NOT BUY BFV.
  • Blackie03
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    evriviadis wrote: »
    cheaters and admins ruin every game man.they both cover eachother.we know this story very well.i hope ea should something about this

What Admins! Do you even play BF V ?
  • DancesWthMice
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nelsongranados/2018/04/30/report-cheating-is-becoming-a-big-problem-in-online-gaming/#76fb84977663

according to FORBES, A total of 37% of gamers confessed to cheating (3% "always", 9% "often", 13% "sometimes", and 12% "rarely").

That is according to players and not just some made up number.

If you "think" only 1% is all that is cheating, then you are only fooling yourself.

https://irdeto.com/news/new-global-survey-widespread-cheating-in-multiplayer-online-games-frustrates-consumers/
    77% of online gamers are likely to stop playing a multiplayer game online if they think other players are cheating and 48% of online gamers are likely to buy less in-game content as a result.

There is a regular here, whom I will not converse with as they are intellectually dishonest, who fails to grasp which games cheaters congregate to. Specifically, a new AAA title that has proven that their anti-cheat enforcement is essentially non existent, will quickly become infested with players using hacks. Players can gift a free week to other accounts and origin allowing cheap monthly payments, provides all the rewards without any risks for cheaters.

The only reasonable conclusion is that this title will be worse off when it comes to fair play than any other new title I can think of. I have watched from the very beginning as the cheats have snowballed into the catastrophe they currently are.

These factors determine a very high estimate for cheats. Throwing out a 1% estimate is purely dishonest for anyone who actually plays the game. My experiences are from U.S. servers. The cheats are horrible here. Lets not use Asia as a red herring when it comes to BFV and it's N. American hack infestation.
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Wonkenstein

help.ea.com

'Does not qualify for a refund at this time.'

I am currently telling everyone I know that plays games not to buy this title. I will never buy another EA game. They aren't even trying to fix this. Every. Single. Game. I have played in the last few days has been dominated by aimbots. Today, for the first time in a long time, I got to experience someone with a wall hack.

Waste of money. DO NOT BUY EA GAMES. DO NOT BUY BFV.

Trust me. You don't have to worry about that. This game isn't selling.
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    @DancesWthMice

I believe this post is referring to me. I never said only 1 percent is cheating. That's a strawman. I said that in order for it to be rampant in BF5, it would have to be greater than 1 percent and I stated my reasons why. I said my number was around 10% iirc and that I don't actually know what the number is. Red Label is the one who said 1% is rampant and gave his reasons why.

I've also stated since christmas, I've noticed an uptick in Cheaters and that there is a problem.

Just throwing that out there for clarification.

You too can be put on ignore.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    @DancesWthMice

I believe this post is referring to me. I never said only 1 percent is cheating. That's a strawman. I said that in order for it to be rampant in BF5, it would have to be greater than 1 percent and I stated my reasons why. I said my number was around 10% iirc and that I don't actually know what the number is. Red Label is the one who said 1% is rampant and gave his reasons why.

I've also stated since christmas, I've noticed an uptick in Cheaters and that there is a problem.

Yep, still encountering cheaters daily. I wouldn't call it rampant, but it was never this bad in BF1.
  • Pelliy
    @DancesWthMice

Yep, still encountering cheaters daily. I wouldn't call it rampant, but it was never this bad in BF1.

Yes, its definitely increased. The reason why I was confident that FF was doing its job was because how they handled BF1. BF1 started off bad, but they eventually got it under control. Not to say it was perfect(it wasn't) but it was better than this.

Use to go weeks maybe months without encountering a cheater in bf1. Hard to say the same about BF5.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @DancesWthMice

Ive hardly ever spotted cheaters.. Ive only played a bunch of 4 and 1 but lately.... Jeeze these guys stand in one spot, shoot at the sky, and just rack up kills.. I see this once or twice a day at least.. Well, the days I decide to "try" V again...
  • American_Outlaw
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I encounter hackers every night now and its gotten to the point I dont even want to load up this damn game anymore. I have reported and reported these cancerous low life hackers but still run into the same of familiar faces 110 - 1 hackers because they know that DICE is doing nothing and will do nothing to stop them. They are totally ruining this game and sadly DICE is all talk when it comes to cheaters.
  • Pelliy
    edited March 3
    Double post
    Post edited by Pelliy on
  • Sugekoppen
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Perhaps DICE/EA should consider offering servers for "verified only" players. As in, players verified with a valid credit card. Spend the extra resources on keeping those verified servers clean, and use the ban hammer on cheaters' credit cards.

The risk of getting your credit card (which is harder to replace or spoof) banned should be a better deterrent than simple account bans.
  • RichardSinerface
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I notice this thread is no longer pinned. Is this because EA believes they have now fixed the hacker issue?

I notice there hasn't been an official response on this thread in weeks. Is this because EA believes the Community no longer cares about hackers?

I notice the hacker thread on PC discussion is now over 162 pages with over 70k views.

If I a casual player who visits the official forums has noticed this, why has no one from EA/Dice noticed this? Or said anything constructive about what is being done to stop hackers? Have you gathered enough feedback now?

It seems to have gotten better, as in the last couple of games I played I didn't run into any obvious cheaters, but with no communication from EA how do we know? More likely I just lucked out.
  • Pelliy
    @DancesWthMice

Ive hardly ever spotted cheaters.. Ive only played a bunch of 4 and 1 but lately.... Jeeze these guys stand in one spot, shoot at the sky, and just rack up kills.. I see this once or twice a day at least.. Well, the days I decide to "try" V again...

For some reason, I hold on to some hope that dice/ea will curb the cheaters and they did in the past with bf1 it wasn't perfect but it was better than this.

I am hoping despite all the short comings of bfv, they won't fall short in that regard.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Was gonna get this on pc as it’s going cheap at the moment.
    Guess I won’t bother if it’s full of cheats
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sugekoppen wrote: »
    Perhaps DICE/EA should consider offering servers for "verified only" players. As in, players verified with a valid credit card. Spend the extra resources on keeping those verified servers clean, and use the ban hammer on cheaters' credit cards.

The risk of getting your credit card (which is harder to replace or spoof) banned should be a better deterrent than simple account bans.

Won't work buddy.

Plus you would also risk punishing legitimate players whom have a poor credit rating and thus are unable to get a credit card.
  • Axlerod1
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Won't work buddy.

Plus you would also risk punishing legitimate players whom have a poor credit rating and thus are unable to get a credit card.

Um even with bad credit or no credit, people should be able to get a debit card from their bank. It would still work.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 3

Won't work buddy.

Um even with bad credit or no credit, people should be able to get a debit card from their bank. It would still work.

Debit cards do not work in the same way as a credit card.

A credit card is where you are given X amount of funds on a card and you pay it back in monthly installments depending on how much of the overall card total you have spent, i.e The money isn't actually yours until you've paid off your purchases / cc bill.

If you have defaulted on other things such as utility bill payments, Not paid bank charges, Or even your car insurance did not go out of the bank on time due to receiving your salary a day or two later than usual, Any of those can result in your details being forwarded to credit reference agencies thus putting you on a blacklist, To warn other lenders that you may be susceptible to making late payments or have difficulty paying in the future.

This in turn results in applications for credit to result in refusal, Even if your credit history prior to applying for credit is clean.

A Debit card will only allow you to access funds in your bank that are in your account, No money? No spendy, Unless you have an overdraft which can be pretty expensive.

Not that we're discussing the various types of cards, But another reason the whole credit card thing won't work is simple, You can buy "prepay / top up" credit cards which doesn't rely on the user signing a contract with a credit broker.

See more here : https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-cards/
  • Axlerod1
    1360 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 3

Won't work buddy.

Debit cards do not work in the same way as a credit card.

A credit card is where you are given X amount of funds on a card and you pay it back in monthly installments depending on how much of the overall card total you have spent, i.e The money isn't actually yours until you've paid off your purchases / cc bill.

If you have defaulted on other things such as utility bill payments, Not paid bank charges, Or even your car insurance did not go out of the bank on time due to receiving your salary a day or two later than usual, Any of those can result in your details being forwarded to credit reference agencies thus putting you on a blacklist, To warn other lenders that you may be susceptible to making late payments or have difficulty paying in the future.

This in turn results in applications for credit to result in refusal, Even if your credit history prior to applying for credit is clean.

A debit card is connected to your banks Checking and Savings Account. You do not pay it back. You already put the money in their.
    Again it would work because your bank would know your address and phone number.

Again, ban the player, their address and their phone number.
  • Axlerod1
    edited March 3
    Ban the players address and phone number on the credit card or debit card would work.
    A company can choose whether or not to accept pre paid cards so they would not accept those,

We do not want to ban the cards themselves. EA and DICE can not keep hackers out of a video. Can you imagine what would happen if those same hackers got into EA accounts with your card numbers. We do not want that.

Every registered card has an associated phone number with it and address of record. That is what needs to be banned.

Think of it like this, we are not trying to stop them from spending their money. We are trying to stop them from registering so they do not get the opportunity to spend their money.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last blog they shared in regard to cheating/hacking was hilarious. Basically they told us it's too hard to catch the cheaters and that reporting them won't do any good.

They took no responsibility for the shortcomings (or compete absence) of their anti-cheat protocols. It was an amazing blog.
This discussion has been closed.