Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The effect of these things are so minimal, I don't see an issue.
    I hardly die from them because I can see them.
    I use them a lot because well, I'm a medic main and there ain't "s" else to use besides smoked, and Grenades suck.

Personally I would like if Dice gave us medics the Assaults Grenade Rifle and gave them the AP mine.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a shame we can't have the variety of trip bombs that BF1 had.. smoke and fire ones might be nice.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10716 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I die to these, but it is completely my fault.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Trokey66
    8065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was only a matter of time.....
  • DingoKillr
    3418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

Typical of DICE right now catering to yappers and the premier class players.
  • Pelliy
    2062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

Can't wait to see those posts taking about how "tactical" they were when buffed. LoL.

Literally did not step over one and some guy put it next to his supply crate and it went off
  • Pelliy
    2062 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I see it's already started. LoL.

What was wrong with AP mines in it's past iteration? Why do you think it justifies a buff? Tell us.
  • Catsonspeeed
    608 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

What was wrong with AP mines in it's past iteration? Why do you think it justifies a buff? Tell us.

They were perfectly fine the way they were. I had no problems picking up an extra one from the ammo supply, double or even triple stacking them and I got so many kills with them. One worked well as an alarm, with two or three you could get a kill or even a double kill. The choice was yours.

Now all you have to do is just place one and booom, a free kill is granted. Zero effort, zero skill for a cheesy kill. I guess this is what a majority of players are after. Stupid buff.
  • DingoKillr
    3418 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

1) It was set for a game with no auto Regen health or players being frequently being at 100%
    2) It requires 2 to get a kill but you are only given 1
    3) You can only place 3 so 1 does not have a partner.
    4) Let's see do we have a Frag Grenade Launcher that does not 1HK against Infantry, how about dynamite, Piat or Panzerfaust?
    But Recon and Medic are not allowed to have a gadget that can 1HK.

If the game it is meant for players to put as much effort in defence as well as attacking then rolling back is going the wrong way.

Like other have I raised this issue almost 2 month ago https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/175284/recon-gadgets#latest

Why are Assault gadgets not treated the same way?

• dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think in real life the bouncing bettys had a kill radius of like 10meters.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Can't wait to see those posts taking about how "tactical" they were when buffed. LoL.

Literally did not step over one and some guy put it next to his supply crate and it went off

You don't need to step over one to trigger it, a radius of one meter seems to be their sensitivity. So stopping short and backing up will not help. Nor stopping and watching team mates running through it, killing you in the process.
    If the game it is meant for players to put as much effort in defence as well as attacking then rolling back is going the wrong way.
    Why are Assault gadgets not treated the same way?

I completely agree. Assault gadgets should be nerfed hard against infantry. Neither dynamite, PIAT splash nor rifle grenade splash should OHK against infantry. They should work at their kills as well, spending time spamming more explosives if that's how they want to spend them. Personally I always run a full AT loadout and rarely use gadgets against infantry, as I like to be useful and play a shooter.
  • Noodle5817
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t see the issue with them. I’ve only died from them a handful of times and that’s only when I’ve already been wounded. I always hear them go off and then I just take 3-4 steps through it and it only damages me. They’re explosive radius isn’t that wide at all and they make a very distinct sound when set off. I don’t even care to look on the ground for them.
  • MacTurdy
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am very sorry to say that (actually not), but AP-mines are just a cheap and selfish gadget. It rewards passivity instead of skill. Even the dumbest player can place an AP mine effectively. Just place it next to a doorway and wait for the kill. Great, you got one more kill! Did that help your team? Probably not, but at least the K/D is boosted. That is the attitude that those AP-mine users have. It reflects the whole bloody game where passivity is rewarded. Why wouldn’t you rather use some smoke, anti-tank gadgets, spotting gadgets or a spawn beacon (depending on the class you are playing of course)? This game is just about one thing: how can I make the game the least enjoyable for other players... Battlefield 5 was meant to be rewarding skill but it becomes more and more obvious that it may be even more casual than Battlefield 1 at times. Sometimes I wonder how it could even be fun farming kills in a way that cheap? But at the same time it is a general problem of this game because the intense gunfights are almost totally gone. How could some developer ever think that a one-hitting AP-mine would be a great idea in a game where even bolt-action rifles deal mostly between 50-60 damage on a body shot. I know that sounds rather stupid as well, but I would rather be one-hit by a scout using a bolt-action rifle than by a passively placed AP-Mine. Every time there needs to be something for people to abuse...
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If anything they should be made more powerful they should always be a ohk however to balance it maybe integrate the fortification system with it.

Lay down the AP mine, a ghost of it appears then press t to build it into the ground.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am very sorry to say that (actually not), but AP-mines are just a cheap and selfish gadget. It rewards passivity instead of skill. Even the dumbest player can place an AP mine effectively. Just place it next to a doorway and wait for the kill. Great, you got one more kill! Did that help your team? Probably not, but at least the K/D is boosted. That is the attitude that those AP-mine users have. It reflects the whole bloody game where passivity is rewarded. Why wouldn’t you rather use some smoke, anti-tank gadgets, spotting gadgets or a spawn beacon (depending on the class you are playing of course)? This game is just about one thing: how can I make the game the least enjoyable for other players... Battlefield 5 was meant to be rewarding skill but it becomes more and more obvious that it may be even more casual than Battlefield 1 at times. Sometimes I wonder how it could even be fun farming kills in a way that cheap? But at the same time it is a general problem of this game because the intense gunfights are almost totally gone. How could some developer ever think that a one-hitting AP-mine would be a great idea in a game where even bolt-action rifles deal mostly between 50-60 damage on a body shot. I know that sounds rather stupid as well, but I would rather be one-hit by a scout using a bolt-action rifle than by a passively placed AP-Mine. Every time there needs to be something for people to abuse...

I don't get the hate on things like mines.

You say they don't help the team, but they just prevented access to a point or slowed the enemy advance. The best way to defend a flag is to prevent the enemy from contesting it in the first place.

I also don't think there's anything passive/skilless about them. You must predict enemy movement and place them somewhere you plan the enemy on being. You only get 3 so you must micromanage their placement to keep them relevant.

And I think the "farming kills" argument is played out. So many flag rushers think they are ptfo but imo they are the ones "farming kills". Just running from A to B to C to D to E just to do it all over again like some sort of ww2 mirrors edge.

Ptfo means actually defending the flags you capture instead of giving it back to the enemy. Mines prevent enemy access to the flag and cause attrition damage to the enemy, leaving them in a weaker state if they do contest the point.

I'd take a smart mine layer of a blind rusher anyday. Seems like mines only kill the players that rush in blindly anyway.
  • bran1986
    5472 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thank god.
  • MacTurdy
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Three mines is plenty already, it is at least one safe kill. Moreover you do not really have to be smart in order to place AP-mines effectively. On the most maps ways that enemies use to get to a flag are very predictable. It is also not very hard to hide a mine effectively because it can be placed next to a doorframe or behind some objects enemies have to overcome. It is simply much easier hiding mines than spotting mines due to the bad visibility in this game in general. Passivity gets rewarded, it is the same with MMGs. When DICE introduced them to the game I already knew they were a bad addition, especially after having played the beta. But to get back to the topic, it is the same over there with the supports using MMGs just benefiting from the bad visibility. Why would you want to play hide and seek. Sometimes I feel like that Battlefield 5 is actually more like hide and seek than a genuine shooter.
    In Battlefield 1 you had to position the tripwire bomb at least in a way that the wire would trigger if someone stepped over it. It was way more tactical over there and less annoying even tho it was one-hitting as well. But now AP-mines are super strong and can be placed without thinking too much. And on top of it the bad visibility in this game makes then hard to spot very often. Also in Battlefield 1 there was a perk for the tripwire-bombs which would spot enemies if an enemy triggered the bomb. That was an actual benefit for the team. In my opinion introducing AP-mines in Battlefield 5 was a mistake.