Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• Art3misJinx
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    If you rush, you get punished for that. Seems fair to me.

Found the guy sitting at the back with a sniper or in the corner with an mg.
    Punishing players for being aggressive is a stupid thing in my opinion, especially in a game that heavily promotes camping as Battlefield V does.
    AP mines are fine. Typical knee jerk reaction to call for a nerf.

Check your environment, otherwise it's your own fault.

Why am I not surprised the guy who camps as support with ap mines and selflessly abuses the ammo crate to get unlimited ap mines think the mines are totally fine 🤔

i have played with @llPhantom_Limbll he isnt a camper, he is a team player.

Seems counter productive to be against people playing aggressively then. Unless he prefers his team to sit back and relax.
  • VOLBANKER
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It’s easy to get kills with two AP mines placed together.
    So you guys are still gonna die to them after the “return to before”-nerf happens.
    Cry me a river.
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is nothing else in the game as skillless and annoying as the AP mine. They are so incredibly easy to use, fairly difficult to spot, easy to kill with, don't disappear when you die and can be spammed endlessly that they seriously need a nerf IMO. Make them 80-90 damage so they can kill an injured enemy but for something so easy to abuse to OHK you at full health is quite incredible.
  • sabootheshaman
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the best solution is they should produce enough damage to get a counts as a kill... However... a great thing to happen would that it could do one of 2 things as well.
    (1.) create a blood trail that lasts minutes or (2.) 3D spot you for 30 seconds to the whole enemy team.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How would people feel about making them larger so they are easier to spot but keeping the current damage model?
    (P.S. I do not think they need to be nerfed at all)
  • Phoenux289
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly, sometimes I agree I'm getting outmatch, and it's fair!

BUT, on the other side. Somedays, I just can't stand it... Like today. Playing breakthrough on Rotterdam:
    1. After we take the 1st sector, the supply/heal stations were mined by at least 3 each (hearing tick tick tick and you feel dead already).
    2. Going up the stairs on B flag (2nd sector), The color of the mine make it blend on the dark green/brown stairs. I'm running to the top (I was under fire), after 4-5 steps (tick tick tick tick tick) I swear, probably half the enemy team had some mines on these stairs...

They really need to remove it from other classes except recon...
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If ya'll keep dying to AP mines then you need to start running with medics. Quick res and you're on your way again. If you want to solo zerg around the map then you get what you deserve.

Have recently been playing Recon and I really appreciate these gadgets. They guard my back while I guard the back of my team.
  • Trokey66
    8244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is nothing else in the game as skillless and annoying as the Assualt ARs. They are so incredibly easy to use, fairly difficult to spot, easy to kill with, don't disappear when you die and can be spammed endlessly that they seriously need a nerf IMO. Make them 80-90 damage so they can kill an injured enemy but for something so easy to abuse to OHK you at full health is quite incredible.

Just saying.......
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Phoenux289 wrote: »
    Honestly, sometimes I agree I'm getting outmatch, and it's fair!

It's not possible to be "outmatched" by such a skill-free tactic. This is like people who used vanilla BC2 M60 or vanilla BF3 FAMAS telling everyone else to 'get good', but far worse. Get lucky once every 15 minutes and start rubbing your weenie about how you just outplayed someone, when in reality 9 out of 10 times that cat will get rezzed anyway because you're a camping scrub and won't actually be there to challenge it.

It's not salt - it's tedium. Word got out, and now every resupply crate and trafficked doorway has half a dozen mines. If I wanted to play Minesweeper I'd just play it. Anyway, it's not intentional, and getting reverted - case closed; get wrecked AP mine abusers?
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I never really did like set down and forget tools. I hate items even more if it persists after death.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    I don't see anything wrong with lethal mines. That is their purpose. Maybe give greater damage resistance to them when you dive quickly before they explode.

Still, I almost always notice them personally. I've watched tons of teammates run into them all the time though. Especially when I've just stopped short of one and I'm about to shoot it, but my ally runs right though it instead dying and also causing some damage to me.

Most players simply do not pay attention.

It's one of few strictly defensive gadgets.
  • mf_shro0m
    1398 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think damage-wise they’re fair rn. What Dice should do is limit players to having 2 live ones at any point in time
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My only issue with them currently is their one hit kill radius is like 1.5 meters or something but they do not one hit kill their placer at that range. I ran over one and it killed me but the kill cam showed the player who placed it lying prone in a bush right next to me, definitely within 1.5 meters of the mine yet it didn't kill him too.
  • VOLBANKER
    953 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines is one of the most fun things to use IMO.
    From finding good spots to place the mines, to actually placing them, and then to run off keeping your fingers crossed that it’s gonna result in a kill.
    And then all of a sudden, zzzzip, someone visits your mines....and you just can’t help grinning :smiley:
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Found the guy sitting at the back with a sniper or in the corner with an mg.
    Punishing players for being aggressive is a stupid thing in my opinion, especially in a game that heavily promotes camping as Battlefield V does.
    AP mines are fine. Typical knee jerk reaction to call for a nerf.

Check your environment, otherwise it's your own fault.

Why am I not surprised the guy who camps as support with ap mines and selflessly abuses the ammo crate to get unlimited ap mines think the mines are totally fine 🤔

i have played with @llPhantom_Limbll he isnt a camper, he is a team player.

When people get upset they tend to throw assumptions based on nothing but their feelings. Just like good old hackusations.
  • marcanthony421
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Which is one of the many problems with the meta of this game. Agressive play is punished and passive play is king. Its so easy to sit somewhere sniping/on a bipod waiting. You try to be agressive and ptfo you get killed because someone with an mg42 is in a corner on their back. Ap mines should not 1 shot. We all know the problems with visibility, should we really have to look for a dot on the screen when players are already hard enough to pick out in dark places?
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How would people feel about making them larger so they are easier to spot but keeping the current damage model?
    (P.S. I do not think they need to be nerfed at all)

IMO Nerf them. They shouldn't be one hit kills. Not balanced at all.