Hackers on XBox one.

Fleeger21
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I have had it with the rampant hacking and cheating a modding that is taking place in this game on xbox. Not a single night goes by with lout me running into at least four hackers/ cheaters. There is a massive problem with people using modded controllers to make all weapons automatic. And there is also a problem with people teleporting around the map right behind somone then teleport away. I want EA to do something about this cause many of my friends have stopped playing because of this. I for one support a lifetime ban for cheating upon the first confirmed offense. As well as console and ip bans right away. Make it harder for them to afford hacking.

Comments

• CosmicStriker
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    the USB adapter controller mods , there is little that can be done, but i doubt that it helps that much and people pay like $100 for those devices and then need the custom scripts for them.
    now teleporting around, you need to record that to prove it, you might be seeing players spawning in to spawn locations, or spawn beacons , I played BF3 so much that on some maps i knew the spawn locations for conquest flags, you could camp those spots, i think in BF5 it might spawn more random, but i've had the game spawn me off map once before the round started.
    also the real game hacking modding is on the PC .
  • KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fleeger21 wrote: »
    I have had it with the rampant hacking and cheating a modding that is taking place in this game on xbox. Not a single night goes by with lout me running into at least four hackers/ cheaters. There is a massive problem with people using modded controllers to make all weapons automatic. And there is also a problem with people teleporting around the map right behind somone then teleport away. I want EA to do something about this cause many of my friends have stopped playing because of this. I for one support a lifetime ban for cheating upon the first confirmed offense. As well as console and ip bans right away. Make it harder for them to afford hacking.
    Lol, there are no hackers on XBOX.
  • NauticalTrackin
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    here we go again...
  • ElliotLH
    7776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

While I agree that running scripts on a controllers should not be allowed they still can't get above the fire rate cap. All the really do is let you hold your finger down and that's hardly rapid fire (you can achieve a similar effect by increasing your trigger sensitivity and using trigger locks, like I do). Their market share is also apparently small in the grand scheme of things so the near-constant hysteria about them isn't really warranted.

The player teleportation is most likely lag. That's about all we can really go on with your description.

A small number of people find ways to cheat. They always have and they always will. But it is far, far, far from "rampant" and so far there has been no proof that the Xbox One or PS4 have been hacked as some people are claiming.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can fire assault rifles insanely fast and it even creates a stutter because of the rof limiter. If ypu go into xbox one settings you can actually remap the rt to the rb if you want to compete with them. The disappearing reappearing sounds like lag and maybe your ping or the person ping should be checked. The xbox one has multiple layers of security so I doubt you have any actually hackers in game. Controller mod scripts doesnt really gibe anyone a huge advantage seeing as though guns have rof limit and recoil can be learned for each gun just using playtime. If you get fustrated with xbox one try pc and then you will see what real hackers are when they have the lewis gun shooting people dead in seconds of spawn i one shot.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

With the amount of hackusations on console lately I'm to the point it's "Video evidence or it didn't happen". Don't forget to scrub the names or it's naming and shaming, which is against the rules.

• KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to give you a perspective from the other side and this isn't to big note myself but hopefully help you understand what it's like being on the other end of a 'hackusation'.

I've been on Xbox for over 6 years, in all that time I was never accused of hacking, unsportsmanship, etc and still to this date have a perfect reputation score with Xbox. When BFV came out I grinded planes as I wanted to get better and the 31st of December I became the number 1 ranked Pilot on BFV for Xbox.
    Between December 20th - January 11th I was reported 136 times for hacking and 65 times for unsporting behavior, this caused me to come home and be greeted with a screen telling me my account was temporarily disabled by the xbox enforcement team while they investigated my account for potential hacking. I then had to log into my account on the computer and spend over 30 mins on a back and forth chat with Microsoft to have my account reactivated.

I will openly admit I am garbage on the ground and my 1.1 K/D will vouch for that, take my infantry Kills and deaths out of the equation and I have 22,729 kills and roughly 750 - 800 deaths in a plane. I use a standard xbox one controller that I got with the console and have just put in the time and effort to get good at flying, so why should I have to go through all that trouble just because I chose to get better at something than someone else? On the ground I seemingly get instakilled by people but I can admit I'm just not that good and these people know better tactics to drop me, just as I know the better tactics in the air to drop them.

We all have strengths/weaknesses and you just have to admit when someone is better than you, simply calling everyone a 'hacker' is only creating an excuse to make you feel better for losing and you need to knock it off. You will always be better than someone else and someone else will always be better than you, that's just reality.

This is Xbox not PC and while hacking is possible its not probable. You might consider modded controllers cheating but it's not the same as hacking, as you still have the chance to kill them
    Exactly. I’m a TDM addict and I play hours each day and have never seen anything which would suggest hacking. There are however better players out there and occasionally connectivity can affect gameplay for all.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody has the ability to run un signed code on the Xbox one.
    Your probably experiencing laggy players teleporting and people just changing the fire button rather than using the trigger.
  • KPNuts74
    People just can’t accept there are better players than them. I only play BF on XBOX and have seen all kinds of things but nothing to make me suspect hacking. I have however heard people in chat accusing enemy of hacking (when they blatantly aren’t).
  • USMC_90_95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve run into two people that I could tell were running modded controllers. Now almost every time I see someone with an M1 carbine I think they’re cheating lol. I’ve heard that they rapid fire and cut out recoil.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to give you a perspective from the other side and this isn't to big note myself but hopefully help you understand what it's like being on the other end of a 'hackusation'.

I've been on Xbox for over 6 years, in all that time I was never accused of hacking, unsportsmanship, etc and still to this date have a perfect reputation score with Xbox. When BFV came out I grinded planes as I wanted to get better and the 31st of December I became the number 1 ranked Pilot on BFV for Xbox.
    Between December 20th - January 11th I was reported 136 times for hacking and 65 times for unsporting behavior, this caused me to come home and be greeted with a screen telling me my account was temporarily disabled by the xbox enforcement team while they investigated my account for potential hacking. I then had to log into my account on the computer and spend over 30 mins on a back and forth chat with Microsoft to have my account reactivated.

I will openly admit I am garbage on the ground and my 1.1 K/D will vouch for that, take my infantry Kills and deaths out of the equation and I have 22,729 kills and roughly 750 - 800 deaths in a plane. I use a standard xbox one controller that I got with the console and have just put in the time and effort to get good at flying, so why should I have to go through all that trouble just because I chose to get better at something than someone else? On the ground I seemingly get instakilled by people but I can admit I'm just not that good and these people know better tactics to drop me, just as I know the better tactics in the air to drop them.

We all have strengths/weaknesses and you just have to admit when someone is better than you, simply calling everyone a 'hacker' is only creating an excuse to make you feel better for losing and you need to knock it off. You will always be better than someone else and someone else will always be better than you, that's just reality.

This is Xbox not PC and while hacking is possible its not probable. You might consider modded controllers cheating but it's not the same as hacking, as you still have the chance to kill them

This is such an excellent perspective! These hackusations (I personally hate this term, but it’s simpler than saying hacking accusations) just breed more hackusations, until every single skeptic who gets outgunned believe they have witnessed a “hacker.”

Two points that many of you have already stated more eloquently than I, but I’ll say them anyway:
    1) I have thousands of hours in this series; I have witnessed zero events that smelled like hacking.
    2) If the hacking is so rampant, the video evidence should be rampant, too. It’s not, though.

Kind of unrelated, but does anyone else have the sneaking suspicion that the same people who complain about “all the hacking” are the same people who complain about “kids and their dang Participation Trophies these days,” like they’re a new phenomena that kids haven’t been getting for the last 40 years?

• SGT_Lindy
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Google “CronusMax”. Watch YouTube videos of it. You can dominate with it. People use it in this game.
  • ElliotLH
    7776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SGT_Lindy wrote: »
    Google “CronusMax”. Watch YouTube videos of it. You can dominate with it. People use it in this game.

We are aware of that. Can you give us an accurate idea of how many people actually use it though? OP thinks that their use, along with hacking an Xbox like it was a PC, is rampant so it'd be great to see some numbers.
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    These topics would be so much more interesting with some video photage to discuss!
  • full951
    2411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    someone told me the Xbox elite controller has burst fire option for the triggers. does not surprise me.
  • ElliotLH
    full951 wrote: »
    someone told me the Xbox elite controller has burst fire option for the triggers. does not surprise me.

I've heard the same before but damned if I can work it out on mine. Then again I've heard people claiming the Elite can run macros and I'm almost positive that is incorrect.
  • full951
    2411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I Google it. apparently if you set up the hair triggers just right you can get a 4 round burst out of most weapons. of course this is sufficient enough to spam the trigger to make it effectively full auto.

apparently in games with rumble trigger support, the rumble from shooting is enough to set off the hair triggers.... LOL! it's a digital Bump Stock.
This discussion has been closed.